Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Napalm

I received an email yesterday from a customer service supervisor at Bestop. After making my 5th warranty claim with my current Trektop NX(bent brackets, bent header, seams on header coming lose, torn bow holder, and torn rear header strap) they have offered to instead of replacing more parts to just send me a full new Trektop NX!!

This is why I praise Bestop to every single person I know looking for an aftermarket soft top. This is how excellent customer service is shown, and this is a true company that stands behind there product.

So, since I know I'll be installing a whole new top in the next few days, I decided to pull everything off and run fully naked for a bit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438806422.502604.jpg

ITLL GO

I received an email yesterday from a customer service supervisor at Bestop. After making my 5th warranty claim with my current Trektop NX(bent brackets, bent header, seams on header coming lose, torn bow holder, and torn rear header strap) they have offered to instead of replacing more parts to just send me a full new Trektop NX!!

This is why I praise Bestop to every single person I know looking for an aftermarket soft top. This is how excellent customer service is shown, and this is a true company that stands behind there product.

So, since I know I'll be installing a whole new top in the next few days, I decided to pull everything off and run fully naked for a bit.

View attachment 157962

Good to hear! I'll be looking at them when I'm ready for my top

Napalm

Good to hear! I'll be looking at them when I'm ready for my top

The tops are great products, but the customer service that Bestop offers is unsurpassed. It's truly amazing to me to see a company that stands behind there product this way. It's a huge company but it's almost like a small business.

Right Rudder

Reinforcing the already huge amount of advice to check your battery terminals.

My 2013 JKUR is basically at the same stage build as yours (35's, stock computer calibration, winch/CB wired to battery etc.) and I connected my winch/CB to the battery terminal wedge shaped nuts. I thought they were tight but 400 miles or so later the Jeep went crazy at freeway speeds after driving fine for hours. Wouldn't lose all power but would be limited to 3k rpm's or so and light up the traction control/sway bar/E brake/ABS lights (quoting from memory so that may not be it specifically but you get the idea......) Would be fine once you shut down and restarted except the traction control light would stay on.

I moved the winch/cb connections off that main battery terminal nut and haven't had a problem since. Finicky JK electronics are my least favorite part of the newest iteration of wranglers.

Napalm

My 2013 JKUR is basically at the same stage build as yours (35's, stock computer calibration, winch/CB wired to battery etc.) and I connected my winch/CB to the battery terminal wedge shaped nuts. I thought they were tight but 400 miles or so later the Jeep went crazy at freeway speeds after driving fine for hours. Wouldn't lose all power but would be limited to 3k rpm's or so and light up the traction control/sway bar/E brake/ABS lights (quoting from memory so that may not be it specifically but you get the idea......) Would be fine once you shut down and restarted except the traction control light would stay on.

I moved the winch/cb connections off that main battery terminal nut and haven't had a problem since. Finicky JK electronics are my least favorite part of the newest iteration of wranglers.

I agree with this, And since my rig is a daily driver, there is no since in leaving my winch attach at all times. Thanks for the good info!!

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug

Well they are not finicky, When you tighten down the wedge nut it works as a clamp and tightens down on the battery post. When you add a cable under the wedge nut it cannot work properly and work loose very quickly.

daverawr

Love your rig man and yes stay in the shade. This heat lately is no joke. I don't even take the dogs out until sunset now a days.

Napalm

Love your rig man and yes stay in the shade. This heat lately is no joke. I don't even take the dogs out until sunset now a days.

Thanks man. It takes a toll on my interior when I'm fully topless so I'm glad to take advantage of the shade when I can :)

tharb5111

Read through your build but didn't see any recent comments if you still like your evo level kit ride quality??? I have the terraflex level kit (pucks) and it made the ride a bit stiffer since it raised the control arm angle a bit. Do you notice this as well??? Bottom line, are you still happy with ride quality verse stock?? Thanks and glad you figured out the battery issue.

Napalm

Read through your build but didn't see any recent comments if you still like your evo level kit ride quality??? I have the terraflex level kit (pucks) and it made the ride a bit stiffer since it raised the control arm angle a bit. Do you notice this as well??? Bottom line, are you still happy with ride quality verse stock?? Thanks and glad you figured out the battery issue.

The EVO Level with the the 2" plush ride coils are amazing. The ride is so smooth and a great deal better than stock! I've been very happy with it so far performance wise.

I haven't noticed any angle changes with my control arms, so not sure. But as UMSC said in another thread, your welcome to take it for a drive at the Texas Hidden Falls Newbie Run.

Top Bottom