Oso Build Thread

dchew

Caught the Bug
looks great dchew:rock:

Thank you! I'm watching your thread every day. Really cool build you got going there. I would love to get mine out to EVO just to have them give it a once over. Every time I hear the slightest noise I'm wondering... I'm like MTG; I have to track down every mouse squeak!

Awesome looking jeep... Love the rock monsters
Yeah I'm really glad I went that route. ATX slabs are probably the better, more traditional option, but these are different and relatively rare. And, from what I can tell, very well designed.

Dave

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thank you! I'm watching your thread every day. Really cool build you got going there. I would love to get mine out to EVO just to have them give it a once over. Every time I hear the slightest noise I'm wondering... I'm like MTG; I have to track down every mouse squeak!

LOL! I was at the shop this morning trying to track down that latest squeak coming from the rear axle. Drives me nuts!

rtguy1

I do this in every car I drive. My girl is like, wtf? Why do you keep turning the radio down:cheesy:

Thanks dchew. I thinks they are doing a great job. Once I get it back ill be working on it for a bit too. Stuff is starting to pile up...lol I'd really like some of those wheels MTG scored! :sigh:

dchew

Caught the Bug
Here is basically what I did. As Chris points out, the big problem is how to keep the strength in front of the cross over pipe. I kept the small section of that rib / gusset on the driver side. But aside from adding ribs or other material, there just isn't much you can do.

As mentioned before, you should radius the corners more than I did. Adding an identical rib on the passenger side to support the front angle would help too.

Evo skid cuts 2.jpg

NOTE: I edited this post to make the lines more accurate

Last edited:

dchew

Caught the Bug
It is kinda difficult to position and gauge where to cut with the lower CA's in place. I removed the x-fer case skid, put the bolts back in but sticking out as far as possible, and backed out the front gas tank skid bolts as far as possible. Then I supported this piece with a floor jack. I raised it up as close as I could until it ran into the control arms. It ends up about 4" straight below where it needs to mount. Then with the x-fer case skid bolts and the front gas tank skid bolts lined up with the holes in this skid as best you can, eye where the cuts need to go. Mark that with a china marker.

Prime8

It is kinda difficult to position and gauge where to cut with the lower CA's in place. I removed the x-fer case skid, put the bolts back in but sticking out as far as possible, and backed out the front gas tank skid bolts as far as possible. Then I supported this piece with a floor jack. I raised it up as close as I could until it ran into the control arms. It ends up about 4" straight below where it needs to mount. Then with the x-fer case skid bolts and the front gas tank skid bolts lined up with the holes in this skid as best you can, eye where the cuts need to go. Mark that with a china marker.

Ok thanks brother. It's a real shame I gotta chop this thing up, it looks so nice!
Btw, what the hell is a "china marker"?

Atch

Dave, your rig is looking good. BTW thx for the steering stabalizer, I blew mine up this weekend so it was perfect timing.

dchew

Caught the Bug
Dave, your rig is looking good. BTW thx for the steering stabalizer, I blew mine up this weekend so it was perfect timing.

Thank you! Glad the timing was right. Although now you need a spare! Hey Prime8 you got one now that you've completed your super secret PSC ram install?
:)

Atch

Thank you! Glad the timing was right. Although now you need a spare! Hey Prime8 you got one now that you've completed your super secret PSC ram install?

I have a spare again! I bought rubi 44's off a buddy that'll be going on in a few months and it still has the stabilizer attached to it. Eventually ill be doing PSC but for now this will get me by.

Prime8

A buddy has my stock tie rod with SS shock because he bent his up at Flat Nasty. I do have a Fox SS Shock with synergy relocation bracket for sale... I was hoping to get the hydro assist write up done this week, but with prepping for the Badlands Offroad Park on Saturday, I just haven't had time.

dchew

Caught the Bug
I was in Dana Point earlier this week so I ran up to Fullerton Wednesday afternoon to ORE. Got to meet Jake and Andrew. Andrew took me on a great tour even though it was right at 5pm. Really cool place and awesome people! [Yeah, I know; we already knew that...!]

Yesterday I removed the e-disco and installed EVO's manual disconnect. Very nice and simple. What does everyone do to cover up that huge factory connector? Duct tape? Tupperware? Hehe...

I also fixed a stupid install mistake I made. I never understood why my front swaybar was angled up so much. Well duh, I bought the long arm kit and the coil over kits all at the same time. One comes with longer end links and the other comes with relocation brackets for the stock end links. Guess what happens if you install both the longer end links and the relo brackets? :yup:

You can see how high it was in this pic.

IMG_0585.jpg

And here is where it was; level at almost full droop :grayno:

IMG_0610-2.jpg

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yesterday I removed the e-disco and installed EVO's manual disconnect. Very nice and simple. What does everyone do to cover up that huge factory connector? Duct tape? Tupperware? Hehe...

It is rather huge for something so simple isn't it?

I just zipped tied mine out of the way. What happened to your motor? Selling it? 😉

Top Bottom