Pulled the doors off for the first time in 2016!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've had my doors and tops off for the past two weeks in Texas but sadly had to put them back on cause we are supposed to get 6 inches of rain over the next 4 days. I love having the doors off and hate having to put them back on.

Tell me about it. It rains so often in Mississippi, it almost isn't worth taking them off.

CandAMudders

Looking forward to taking doors off for the first time in four years...I am also fearing how difficult that is going to be...

Looking forward to taking doors off for the first time in four years...I am also fearing how difficult that is going to be...

Not sure if everyone else is just like me, but I have found that the doors are a little hard to lift off on the JK, you have to rock them up and down to get them to eventually lift off. You'll get them off though.

I like the no doors top on look. I'll have to give that a try soon. Looks good.

Thank you I love the look too it's nice to have the door off experience with some shade from the sun. Theres that and also the fact that i'm too lazy to take the doors and hardtop off at the same time! :cheesy:

Brrrrr! Refused to put the front tops on this morning so the 7 mile drive to work was a bit cool. 19F on the dash thermometer. Going to take a few hours to thaw out!

I'm a little jealous of all you topless & doorless jeeps. :yup:

That sounds chilly!!!

toxicwaste29

Not sure if everyone else is just like me, but I have found that the doors are a little hard to lift off on the JK, you have to rock them up and down to get them to eventually lift off. You'll get them off though.

I put grease inside my hinges. The doors not slid right off with no issues. Be careful on how much you use so that it doesn't get all over the body.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Well I had D-day stripped down yesterday and today long as weather holds up
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457459396.684323.jpg
This is from today
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457459627.861813.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457459640.411893.jpg

Last edited:

Wethy

Soooo jealous! It'll probly be another 2 months before its time to take the doors off here in good ole Ontario! All the rigs look good!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Jern26

Had the doors off since yesterday. Kinda chilly ride to work here in PA (42° this morning) But sooooooooo worth it when I got done, 68° and sunny!

Attachments

• 1457479026488.jpg
    1457479026488.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 183

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Knuckles is looking awesome! I'm jealous. We've got 6 inches of rain happening/coming.
Your topless and doorless season with steel will be soon enough!!

While I love my four door and I think they look great without the top and doors, there is still something about a two door. Both of these look great.
Thanks man!

Had the doors off since yesterday. Kinda chilly ride to work here in PA (42° this morning) But sooooooooo worth it when I got done, 68° and sunny!
Damn only 68 up there today!? It almost hit 80* here. The chilly morning ride is so worth it tho!

Top Bottom