Running 37s on a stock dana 30 axle

rtguy1

This threads getting interesting. Just looking at the axles in question here makes the reasoning behind using them obvious. Look at a d30, a d44, pr44, and pr60 in person up close and you can see why one breaks more easily over the other. But, we have to do what fits our own budget.

And for laughs!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=txSN2OazY6k

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wow this thread is awesome now. People getting mad and upset over something that someone did to give correct information.

How dare you!:crazyeyes:

:cheesy:

rtguy1

For some good insight from Mel @ EVO on the topic of running big tires and wheeling on stock junk check out his Facebook post from this morning. He told me he was doing some cleaning up. Check out all the broken down, broke and bent housings laying outside his shop that are headed for the scrap yard. You can see some that have been "built" as well. These are only from the last four months:ahhhhh:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Off-Road-Evolution/132471153679

His quote

spring cleaning time.....Junk axles from the last 4 months....
No I have Never Seen Bent cracked or broken Axles.....LOL
But the forums say I can wheel hard and the axles will live with 37&40s.......NO

Well I know someone that knows someone that runs 40's on a Dana 30 bone stock and has never broken them... Plus he climbs 20' water falls with it (with water running down it). He jumped it 300' over burning school busses to save some kids from starving. :D

xflstl

Well I know someone that knows someone that runs 40's on a Dana 30 bone stock and has never broken them... Plus he climbs 20' water falls with it (with water running down it). He jumped it 300' over burning school busses to save some kids from starving. :D

I know that guy too, he happens to be in my Jeep club.

I know that guy too, he happens to be in my Jeep club.

Oh yeah his over a jk-forum his screen name is ChuckNorrismyjeepisscaredtobreak or something like that

Top Bottom