Running 37s on a stock dana 30 axle

Philip *AZ*

Banned
37's on a d30?

So I pretty much killed this thread yeah? Lol.. Quoting Anchor man is usually a good sign..

Lock Down or Get Locked Up

So had a good conversation about this topic today. Basically as long as I didnt lock my 30, I would be fine. Now again this is with the understanding that everything breaks...

Oh and I saw this right after said conversation...

Locking even with chromos?

Locking my 30 or upgrading my shafts were never in my plans. I did spend some $$$ protecting it, but that is it. All future front axle money is going towards a PR44 (probably after I get my son through college it seems... :grayno:)

I personally though, want my axle shafts as the weak link since they are the cheapest and easiest to replace. All locking and chtromos is gonna do is make your R&P the weak link and BAM!!!

Last edited:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
37's on a d30?

Locking my 30 or upgrading my shafts were never in my plans. I did spend some $$$ protecting it, but that is it. All future front axle money is going towards a PR44m (probably after I get my son through college it seems... :grayno:)

I personally though, want my axle shafts as the weak link since they are the cheapest and easiest to replace. All locking and chtromos is gonna do is make your R&P the weak link and BAM!!!

Gotcha.

zaid7

Just Another 37s on D30 thread

Sorry to start another thread and probably answer questions that have been asked already.

I have been quoted $8000 for a pr44 fully built with ring pinion locker rcv prosteer ball joints so on

Now my question is can a D30 with 4.88 ratios handle 37s In a 3.6 pentastar that Bering said either sleeved gusset housing or a terra HD30

Or am I just better off saving my money and just be happy with 35s on my current set up

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK's JK

Banned
Sorry to start another thread and probably answer questions that have been asked already.

I have been quoted $8000 for a pr44 fully built with ring pinion locker rcv prosteer ball joints so on

Now my question is can a D30 with 4.88 ratios handle 37s In a 3.6 pentastar that Bering said either sleeved gusset housing or a terra HD30

Or am I just better off saving my money and just be happy with 35s on my current set up

Alot ask this.

Not sure about 8k but 5k??

http://northridge4x4.com/shop/dynatrac-prorock-44-unlimited-special-package-pkg

And yes you can run 37's on a 30 axle but plan to wheel, it can break and not recommended. The same with a stock front 44. However I'm running the stock front until it breaks.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you're going to run 37's, the ratio you really want is 5.13's but, I personally would stick with 4.88's just for the added strength. I would forget sleeves but add gussets and, I would get a set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips. I would NOT waste your money on a Tera HD30. It's the internal components that fail that will leave you high and dry and NOTHING inside is changed with it.

If it were me and I was on a budget, I would stick with your 35's and have as much as you can with them. If down the road you can afford to upgrade, do it at that time. There haven't been too many trails out here in the western USA that I haven't been able to take on with confidence running 3" of lift and 35" tires and that includes the Rubicon.

zaid7

Yes sorry I'm in Australia and everything almost cost double to what you guys pay my build I'm trying plan for has bolt on coilovers twin locked evo long arm. I love the idea of 37s but I'm thinking realistically 35s maybe better suited I just don't want to spend a this money and look back and say I should of gone bigger

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Yes sorry I'm in Australia and everything almost cost double to what you guys pay my build I'm trying plan for has bolt on coilovers twin locked evo long arm. I love the idea of 37s but I'm thinking realistically 35s maybe better suited I just don't want to spend a this money and look back and say I should of gone bigger

I watch a lot of YouTube videos and it seems Australia is more prone to sand, dry riverbeds, corrugations, etc. Rocks don't seem to be as common as they are in the western US. It seems that 35s with some great suspension will suit your needs better. Just my opinion based on primitive knowledge of the land down under.

zaid7

I watch a lot of YouTube videos and it seems Australia is more prone to sand, dry riverbeds, corrugations, etc. Rocks don't seem to be as common as they are in the western US. It seems that 35s with some great suspension will suit your needs better. Just my opinion based on primitive knowledge of the land down under.

this is very true. our terrain is far from what you guys get :( but there is fair few rocky places around that is kind of what you guys get but a much smaller in size

jkmitch

37s with dana 30

Hello Wayalife, I'm running 37 inch toyos with a purejeep truss kit. Do you guys think adding a sleeve kit would be worth it? Or is the truss kit good enough to strengthen the dana 30. Thanks!!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
even the truss is not strong enough to keep the d30 from bending at the housing. i would add C gussets and call it a day. then start saving for a PR44.

Top Bottom