Swapping AEV 2'5 DS Coils for EVO Plush Rides

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Colleague helped broker the deal, 200 coils I thought was a good size order, but maybe I got a deal.

Well duh! Of course you have a colleague that could help broker a deal. I mean, who doesn't have a colleague that can just order up 200 coils?

steve_r2

Question..... I have a front adjustable track bar....if I do indeed go with the Plush Rides and Evo advises a drag link flip kit would this be necessary if the track bar is adjustable ?
Still learning .....

DA RUNT

Question..... I have a front adjustable track bar....if I do indeed go with the Plush Rides and Evo advises a drag link flip kit would this be necessary if the track bar is adjustable ?
Still learning .....

Yes as the adjustable track bar only helps to center the axle and not correct steering geometry.

Still learning .....

Your axle will be pretty close to center with the raised bracket. As long as your track bar adjust back to stock length .. You'll be ok,

On a side note ... I just scored a set of 3" plush rides :D

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Still learning .....

as mentioned as long as you can adjust it back to stockish length you will be good to go. there are tons of people who still run the factory track bar so you having an adjustable one will only help you recenter you axle more

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the track bar relocation bracket will not only correct your steering geometry, it'll also recenter your axle. If you are using an adjustable front track bar with it, you need to make sure that it's set to stock length. Otherwise, you will over-correct your axle position and it will be off the other way. If you do not install a drag link flip/track bar relocation kit, you can recenter your axle with just the adjustable track bar but, your geometry will still be off a bit.

Durbish

So as requested here's pictures of the suspension compressed with coils in... What length are most people running for front bump stop extensions on their JK? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411181220.052581.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411181135.670931.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411181135.670931.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 150
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411181156.546799.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411181156.546799.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 149

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So as requested here's pictures of the suspension compressed with coils in... View attachment 101067

Doesn't even look like your jounce stop is making full contact and your coils are almost solid. Your coil is most likely over compressed - not my idea of a good setup. But hey, that's just me.

What length are most people running for front bump stop extensions on their JK?

Most run what they should be, about as much as they have lift.

BTW, where'd you end up ramping your jeep?

Durbish

Doesn't even look like your jounce stop is making full contact and your coils are almost solid. Your coil is most likely over compressed - not my idea of a good setup. But hey, that's just me.

They're not, Dave said he's ramps not the best, said if would compress if we lifted the rear tire, I know if goes to full bump, you can see the shock hit the spring set flange thing on the drivers side, just kisses it ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411184352.730503.jpg

Durbish

Sorry, I did cycle without coils to confirm all travel used, still interested in what bump extensions used for 35 and 37 tires

Emptybrass

That is how my factory coils looked after bumper and winch. I wanted a set of evos but I needed them in 2 days. I went with synergy 3" (JKU) springs. Road great will let you know how they do off-road after today.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
They're not, Dave said he's ramps not the best, said if would compress if we lifted the rear tire, I know if goes to full bump, you can see the shock hit the spring set flange thing on the drivers side, just kisses it View attachment 101074

So that's why there is paint missing? Bump stops also depends on what fenders you are using. But looks to me like your bump stops are too short. Just my opinion, if you like your coils over compressed, shocks hitting axle and steering geometry off just to get that extra 1"or so if up travel, then that's fine. Not my idea of a proper set up

Top Bottom