The building of knuckles

MTG

Caught the Bug
Are you in SoCal? Or are you not getting your gears done at EVO?

LOL! ORE is not doing them. :crazyeyes:

Come one man! Is it a slow morning for you? Do you think I would have missed the suds and grub if I was in town. :grayno:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOL! ORE is not doing them. :crazyeyes:

Come one man! Is it a slow morning for you? Do you think I would have missed the suds and grub if I was in town. :grayno:

I didn't think so and that picture you just posted but I thought you said you were going to have EVO do them.

And yeah I haven't had coffee yet. Only ice tea.:yawn37:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I didn't think so and that picture you just posted but I thought you said you were going to have EVO do them.

And yeah I haven't had coffee yet. Only ice tea.:yawn37:

I might have said that and if I didn't live 500+ miles away I would have. I tried to work it out to drop it off after KOH and have them install the rear carrier too, but logistically it just didn't work out. :grayno:

So, as luck out have it, I found a guy on the side of the road with a sign that read "Cold, Hungry, will do a JK regear for food"

I figured what the hell? Let's give this guy a chance! :rock:

Just doing my part to help out society. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I might have said that and if I didn't live 500+ miles away I would have. I tried to work it out to drop it off after KOH and have them install the rear carrier too, but logistically it just didn't work out. :grayno:

So, as luck out have it, I found a guy on the side of the road with a sign that read "Cold, Hungry, will do a JK regear for food"

I figured what the hell? Let's give this guy a chance! :rock:

Just doing my part to help out society. :yup:

That should work. If it doesn't say how much food you can get two apple pies at McDonalds for a buck. Best bang for that buck and it looks like more food.;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
That should work. If it doesn't say how much food you can get two apple pies at McDonalds for a buck. Best bang for that buck and it looks like more food.;)

Whoa big spender!

I'm sure I have an old can of dog food around somewhere. "What? Hey, I didn't make the sign?! Should have been a little more specific pal."

:cheesy:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Just read through this thread again. Did you ever put any gussets on you Cs or do anything to beef up your axles?

I always read threads saying that when you move to 35s you should gusset your Cs and then when you go 37s you should change out your entire axles to the stronger PR 60s or 44/60 or do some serious reinforcement, even if you have the stock D44.

If not, how has it been? With the running of the JKX did you have any problems?

How were the 4.10 gears on 35s vs 37s? I'm currently running the manual 6 speed with 4.10 gears.

I'm just curious as I will be getting the Enforcer lift with the 2.5 Kings and going with 35s in the not too distant future.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just read through this thread again. Did you ever put any gussets on you Cs or do anything to beef up your axles?

I always read threads saying that when you move to 35s you should gusset your Cs and then when you go 37s you should change out your entire axles to the stronger PR 60s or 44/60 or do some serious reinforcement, even if you have the stock D44.

If not, how has it been? With the running of the JKX did you have any problems?

How were the 4.10 gears on 35s vs 37s? I'm currently running the manual 6 speed with 4.10 gears.

I'm just curious as I will be getting the Enforcer lift with the 2.5 Kings and going with 35s in the not too distant future.

Yeah, I started this thread after I was already running 35s.

Yes, I gusseted my Cs with EVO C gussets and did so within a week of getting the lift and tires installed. I did not sleeve the axles.

So far I haven't had any issues with this set up. (where is the knock on wood emoticon?) I've said this before, but I'm guessing there are a lot more people running 37s that haven't bought new axles than there are running 60s. I believe wayoflife has ran this exact setup for a while as well? That said, I know that if they break down the road that I'll need to replace them. I'm just not willing to shell out the money unless I have to.

I thought the 4.10 gears were fine with the 35s (315 actually), hardly even noticed the difference. And frankly, I was fine with them running the 37s for the most part too. It's a little sluggish off the line, but nothing I couldn't live with on a daily basis. This was particularly true at lower elevation and on flat ground.

So why regear?
I hadn't planned on it until recently. Reno is about 4400 feet and my new house is at about 5660 feet. The drive home is really taxing on the engine and transmission IMHO. It will rev at 5500 RPM and not shift unless I manually do so. I'm hoping the regear makes this a little more tolerable. I believe 4.88 would put me back to about stock, and 5.13 will perform a little better.

Good luck with the lift and tires! I love mine!

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I started this thread after I was already running 35s.

Yes, I gusseted my Cs< with EVO C gussets and did so within a week of getting the lift and tires installed. I did not sleeve the axles.

So far I haven't had any issues with this set up. (where is the knock on wood emoticon?) I've said this before, but I'm guessing there are a lot more people running 37s that haven't bought new axles than there are running 60s. I believe wayoflife has ran this exact setup for a while as well? That said, I know that if they break down the road that I'll need to replace them. I'm just not willing to shell out the money unless I have to.

I thought the 4.10 gears were fine with the 35s (315 actually), hardly even noticed the difference. And frankly, I was fine with them running the 37s for the most part too. It's a little sluggish off the line, but nothing I couldn't live with on a daily basis. This was particularly true at lower elevation and on flat ground.

So why regear?
I hadn't planned on it until recently. Reno is about 4400 feet and my new house is at about 5660 feet. The drive home is really taxing on the engine and transmission IMHO. It will rev at 5500 RPM and not shift unless I manually do so. I'm hoping the regear makes this a little more tolerable. I believe 4.88 would put me back to about stock, and 5.13 will perform a little better.

Good luck with the lift and tires! I love mine!

You did mean Cs not Sleeves right? I fixed it for you. ;)

Excellent! Thanks! :thumb:

Congrats on a new house. We just built one last year, otherwise I'd have a super bad ass Jeep! :doh:

Here in TX I'm about 400' but when we wheel in CO we have been as high as 12,800' so it will be interesting to see the difference. We make trips every so often to my wife's father's house in Baily, CO south west of Denver and his house is around 9000'. We are planning to go in Feb. so I'll make note of how the Jeep does with the 32s so I have something to compare the 35s.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You did mean Cs not Sleeves right? I fixed it for you. ;)

Excellent! Thanks! :thumb:

Congrats on a new house. We just built one last year, otherwise I'd have a super bad ass Jeep! :doh:

Here in TX I'm about 400' but when we wheel in CO we have been as high as 12,800' so it will be interesting to see the difference. We make trips every so often to my wife's father's house in Baily, CO south west of Denver and his house is around 9000'. We are planning to go in Feb. so I'll make note of how the Jeep does with the 32s so I have something to compare the 35s.

Yes. Thanks fixed it.

The 35s didn't bother me when I drove up to snowboard at 10,000'. But that's not every day driving obviously. You should be better off with the manual as well. I'm curious to see what you think.

Edit: Thanks. Yeah, the house is great! But I agee, that and a few other things, keep my jeep from being completely bas ass (of course, I like to pretend that builds like EVO Jeep and Moby do not exist and that mine is bad ass). LOL!

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Yes. Thanks fixed it.

The 35s didn't bother me when I drove up to snowboard at 10,000'. But that's not every day driving obviously. You should be better off with the manual as well. I'm curious to see what you think.

Edit: Thanks. Yeah, the house is great! But I agee, that and a few other things, keep my jeep from being completely bas ass (of course, I like to pretend that builds like EVO Jeep and Moby do not exist and that mine is bad ass). LOL!

Compared to some your jeep is bad ass. 😉👍

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sometimes I just do dumb sh*t...

So I thought I'd be nice and wash all the snow crud (dirt, sand, anti-freezing chemicals) off my jeep before dropping it off to get worked on.

Does anyone know how long it takes water to freeze on your jeep when it's 22 degrees outside? Hint: it happens really, really fast!

So now my jeep is sort-of cleaner than it was this morning, but has water/soap icicles hanging from it. :grayno: :cheesy:

Top Bottom