The building of knuckles

LoPo

Caught the Bug
So I thought I'd be nice and wash all the snow crud (dirt, sand, anti-freezing chemicals) off my jeep before dropping it off to get worked on.

Does anyone know how long it takes water to freeze on your jeep when it's 22 degrees outside? Hint: it happens really, really fast!

So now my jeep is sort-of cleaner than it was this morning, but has water/soap icicles hanging from it. :grayno: :cheesy:

:thinking:

JAGS

Hooked
Dropping her off today. Getting gears done tomorrow. :thumb:

So I thought I'd be nice and wash all the snow crud (dirt, sand, anti-freezing chemicals) off my jeep before dropping it off to get worked on.

Does anyone know how long it takes water to freeze on your jeep when it's 22 degrees outside? Hint: it happens really, really fast!

So now my jeep is sort-of cleaner than it was this morning, but has water/soap icicles hanging from it. :grayno: :cheesy:

It was that cold in Big Bear Saturday when I went. I was able to drive down the mtn though. :crazyeyes:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

Now that's just funny! :cheesy:

Skirmish

You are lucky your door seals didn't freeze. You could be sending an emergency message stuck in side.

I've had cars back in WI that I had to get in through the hatchback cause the doors were stuck from freezing rain. One time I got the passenger door open but the latch wouldn't close. Ever try driving a stick on icy roads holding a passenger door shut? Fun time.

dchew

Ever try driving a stick on icy roads holding a passenger door shut? Fun time.

LMAO Yes!! I hate frozen doors and/or frozen windows. Then you have to drive around with the heat in blast furnace mode in the slim hopes of it melting the ice through the door. While it is half open. :grayno:

Dave

MTG

Caught the Bug
You are lucky your door seals didn't freeze. You could be sending an emergency message stuck in side. [\quote]

Oh no. Even worse, I was standing outside spraying it myself. :doh:

I've had cars back in WI that I had to get in through the hatchback cause the doors were stuck from freezing rain. One time I got the passenger door open but the latch wouldn't close. Ever try driving a stick on icy roads holding a passenger door shut? Fun time.

That's awesome!

I've had frozen doors before growing up here. And if you want a real treat, try frozen rain! Had that a couple of times in Oregon. It rains and turns to ice immediately upon touching the ground. Good times!

Last edited:

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Hey man, I just wondered if you got your new gears and to see how you liked them. Also do you still have stock ball joints?

ssgp2

Is that what they call a clear coat?
;)

jeffj

Caught the Bug
MTG said:
I'll pick it up tomorrow. Yep, still have stock ball joints.

Keep us posted on how you like them. I still have mine too. After 17000 mile I'm starting to worry a little though.

FoxC

Is the re-gear done? If so...it kinda sucks that you cant stand on it just yet to try it out:mad:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Is the re-gear done? If so...it kinda sucks that you cant stand on it just yet to try it out:mad:

It should be done today, but I'll get it tomorrow. Sharkey and I were talking about gear break in last night. Still don't understand the whole break in theory. I don't have to break in my gears from the factory, why should I have to when they are replaced? :idontknow:

GCM 2

It should be done today, but I'll get it tomorrow. Sharkey and I were talking about gear break in last night. Still don't understand the whole break in theory. I don't have to break in my gears from the factory, why should I have to when they are replaced? :idontknow:

Mike, it's simple. The first 150-300 miles should be stop and go city traffic so the ring gear and pinion can heat and cool, heat and cool. By 500 miles I would swap diff fluid, drop the cover and inspect everything for any uneven wear. Typically if you make it out of the shop with no noise, no problems you are good. Problems seem to happen almost immediately.

Top Bottom