The "Mid Life" buy thread

Cleaned and Primed - will paint tomorrow and install on Thursday. Funny thing - I forgot I haven't painted my rear harness bar yet and realized it after I cleaned up :doh: oh well will pull it and paint tomorrow.

Note: good old all american brake cleaner made short work of the residue :thumb:

2015-02-10 16.42.15.jpg

Cleaned and Primed - will paint tomorrow and install on Thursday. Funny thing - I forgot I haven't painted my rear harness bar yet and realized it after I cleaned up :doh: oh well will pull it and paint tomorrow.

Note: good old all american brake cleaner made short work of the residue :thumb:

View attachment 123933

Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing this in. I'll be ordering that cage too!

I copied your rear harness bar as a tire carrier. Thanks for the great idea. Still waiting for a 3pt strap to make it look cleanImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423667292.073113.jpg

make sure you chase all the threads!!:thumb:

I would have thought I was stripping every bolt if I hadn't. They were that bad.

View attachment 123933

Any issues with the test fitting?

Worked on my spare tire hack for in the tub. I still need to pull it all back out and paint and make a more permanent strap hold for the single leg. I want to drive it around for a bit and chase down any rattle and other un wanted things. So far doesn't make a noise or budge at all. pretty happy with the outcome.

Rockhard rear seat harness bar
View attachment 106147

Still storage behind
View attachment 106148

Trex top should still work
View attachment 106149

View attachment 106150
Love it! Looks great and our Harness Bar is plenty sturdy.

:cheesy: Test fitting we don't need no stink'n test fitting. :cheesy:

Actually in all seriousness I usually have to do all my work by myself and didn't want to do it twice (Hopefully).

If you need any help tomorrow, I could probably come down for a few hours.

I did mine by myself,, it was about a 4 hr install,, then a 1 hr removal the next day for powder coat, then another 2 hrs the folowing week getting it back in with the trimming of interior plastic and CB install.

Last edited:
If you need any help tomorrow, I could probably come down for a few hours.

Thanks, my problem is I never know what time I can work on it, Tomorrow might be a all dayer, still checking out my work schedule. I am actually doing this at my girl friends house in Mission Viejo. Hopefully my crappy paint job is good to go tomorrow. Thanks for the offer and you might be hearing from me. :beer:

Ok,, Ill check back later tonight. The morning to mid day time slot is when I'd be able to make it. I might be busy at night, considering I'm getting married friday morning.

Made a little progress on the cage today,

Drilling and grinding is always fun - but things went downhill after this.

2015-02-12 10.55.39.jpg

Here is a pic no one wants to see :doh:

2015-02-12 15.02.32.jpg

Template was aligned correctly - plenty of clearance on the side piece but the backing plate was at a angle so 2 holes did not line up on the passenger side I ovaled one of them out and tried to muscle the bolt in and stripped the head :doh:

A big thanks to Dave (Big DR) for stopping by and lending a hand and with another set of eyes and someone to help align the drivers side it was a piece of cake. Thanks Dave:beer:

Got most of it in Just need to fix 1 hole on the passenger side then the center bar and trim some plastic!
2015-02-12 16.39.43.jpg

Long day :beer:

Made a little progress on the cage today,

Drilling and grinding is always fun - but things went downhill after this.

View attachment 124264

Here is a pic no one wants to see :doh:

Template was aligned correctly - plenty of clearance on the side piece but the backing plate was at a angle so 2 holes did not line up on the passenger side I ovaled one of them out and tried to muscle the bolt in and stripped the head :doh:

A big thanks to Dave (Big DR) for stopping by and lending a hand and with another set of eyes and someone to help align the drivers side it was a piece of cake. Thanks Dave:beer:

Got most of it in Just need to fix 1 hole on the passenger side then the center bar and trim some plastic!
View attachment 124266

Long day :beer:

Well from this picture it looks good!

It was great meeting you today! I'm not sure though why you had such a hard time with the passenger side,, the driver's side was a piece of cake:cheesy: Of course,, I had the exact same problem with mine!!:thumb:

Well from this picture it looks good!

Thanks!

It was great meeting you today! I'm not sure though why you had such a hard time with the passenger side,, the driver's side was a piece of cake:cheesy: Of course,, I had the exact same problem with mine!!:thumb:

Great meeting you today as well - Thanks again for the help and look forward to getting out on a trail with you. Have fun tomorrow! :beer:

Top Bottom