The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

TRLJNKY

Hahaha Ive found it to be a hit and miss game myself but I still do it. My passengers laugh when I get stood up. Stockers are a wild card but most built JK and TJ's i get some love. The Occasional XJ also if its built. Soccer moms and the yuppie dad dont wave. They just look at you like your some kinda ass.

BLCK4X4

Omg I'm right there with you, I always wave, but it's totally hit and miss. Some people look at me like "uhhh do I know you" lol whatever

Andy5160

Hooked
I have the same issue
If you waive to the stock jeep most of them don't waive back especially in Manhattan
On Long Island where there is a big jeep community people know to waive back
I am shocked that in Utah you get no responses!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Size up the driver not the rig. That'll usually give you an indication of whether or not you'll get a wave back.

Think of it as a reach around, you're getting yours and trying to give them theirs too. Up to them if they enjoy it ;)

JKRicky

Size up the driver not the rig. That'll usually give you an indication of whether or not you'll get a wave back.

Think of it as a reach around, you're getting yours and trying to give them theirs too. Up to them if they enjoy it ;)

Lol I guess that's another way to look at it.

RUBICONGER

Excellent point of view! I don't always have time to size up the driver before hitting that "wave or don't wave" point of no return. I'll either do that, or just keep waving!

JeepJeep75

I wave at almost all the wranglers I see if they are heading at me if I can. To be honest there's a shit-load of jeeps in the LA area. Most of them are the yuppie soccer mom types which I occasionally wave at with a zero response. Only once did I get a wave back from a chick. Now, if the other jeep is modified in some way (exception being a light bar) I usually get a wave back. I have a WAL banner on my windshield, so I always want to show jeep love.

Modit

It is really hit and miss in this area. If I see another Jeep coming at me I wave.
I catch myself waving at motorcycles out of habit. The bikers give me some strange looks. My other modes of transportation are 1 wheel drive.

JohnnyWest

I have found plenty of areas that don't wave. Not sure what the deal is.

I always wave. I feel like a dick if someone waves and I didn't notice the Jeep until it was too late.

I catch myself starting to wave sometimes when I'm not even driving the Jeep. My wife makes fun of me about the whole wave thing.

BLCK4X4

I have found plenty of areas that don't wave. Not sure what the deal is.

I always wave. I feel like a dick if someone waves and I didn't notice the Jeep until it was too late.

I catch myself starting to wave sometimes when I'm not even driving the Jeep. My wife makes fun of me about the whole wave thing.

Yeah my wife give me crap too[emoji109]🏼

The Kraken

I also see that it's hit or miss. I wave even if others don't. Some days a lot will wave and then others it's like trying to find an ice cube on a hot parking lot lol!

Top Bottom