The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

Rb1boxer_3

Profile who is the driver then decide, I wave to every modified or decently looking stock jeep if I think I will get a wave back

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
I wave to modified jeeps and they look at me crazy some some mean mugging. Stock jeeps wave back most the time even old yj tj lj I wave at all its a reflex thing now. [emoji2]

Out in the Boonies

JOHN73738

Here is a thought that I had on this topic. We are a 2 Wrangler family, I have a '16 JKUR and my wife has a '01 Wrangler Sport. Both are modified to our needs (lift, bumpers, etc). While driving the TJ I notice that I get significantly fewer responses from JKs than I do from other Tjs and YJs. However if I am driving the JK I get equal response from all jeeps.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Draconianwinter

Here is a thought that I had on this topic. We are a 2 Wrangler family, I have a '16 JKUR and my wife has a '01 Wrangler Sport. Both are modified to our needs (lift, bumpers, etc). While driving the TJ I notice that I get significantly fewer responses from JKs than I do from other Tjs and YJs. However if I am driving the JK I get equal response from all jeeps.

Same when I had my cj

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was in Moab in October and I was surprised that there were very few responses to my waves. In the week I was there I might have gotten 5 waves back. When I am at home in Va, I get return waves all the time.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

I'll throw up a wave for sure and even at night time I'll flash the fog lights. I always ride with the fogs on (like the added light, look). Some guy did the fogs to me and I totally appreciated it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

LBROLLER

I flash high beams in the day time to a fellow jeeper no matter if stock or modded. Once I get their attention i do a wave

ToyJeep

I recently parted ways with my TJ and replaced it with a JKU to accommodate family. I was against JK's for the longest time because they got rid of the 4.0 and replaced it with a minivan engine. I would snub JK owners because I believed they were part of the soccer mom movement and not the jeep lifestyle. With the TJ and previous models, the only option you had was a short wheelbase, a tight turn radius, and a whole lot of horrible highway driving in a box. It was not a practical vehicle by any means.

MY THOUGHTS
I believe the wave had more to do with the short wheelbase vehicles and hardcore jeep enthusiasts before it became a practical SUV. It is like corvette making a station wagon. Do you think the corvette car clubs would embrace the wagon or push it aside? Do you think the families would understand everything that comes with owning a corvette? The wave is dying out because the vehicle was marketed to a larger group than just hardcore enthusiasts.

That being said, I wave to all Wranglers, CJ's, and occasionally the built XJ. I usually get a return wave unless I am in my truck.

WJCO

Meme King
I...... The wave is dying out because the vehicle was marketed to a larger group than just hardcore enthusiasts.

That being said, I wave to all Wranglers, CJ's, and occasionally the built XJ. I usually get a return wave unless I am in my truck.

To your point, I see much more waves when I'm in either Jeep from other 'modified' Jeeps or even modified non-Jeeps. I think it's safe to assume around certain areas here, if it's modified, it's used on the trails, and that in itself represents a similar community and thus members wave at each other. When I'm in my wife's Jeep, she waves at most all other Jeeps. A majority of the ones that wave back are visually modified.

PERS JK

Jeep wave.....varies state to state??

So yesterday I drove from home in Susanville to Carson City for a dr's appt. On my way down 395 I passed about 6 jeeps before making it into Nevada. All jeeps either waved back or initiated the wave. Once in Nevada I passed at least 30 jeeps. 2 door, 4 door, stock, modified, sports, Sahara, Rubicons, Hardrocks, etc. Not a single wave back. Even pulled up next to some at lights. Looked over...nothing. Even passed another hypergreen Rubicon and zilch. I finally stopped waving waiting for them to wave even though my jeep said I should do the first wave... IMG_2008.jpg . I lived in the Reno/Sparks area for 19 yrs so I know there are some friendly people there. Just so you all know this is not a bash in anyway just an observation I had.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lil Nasty

I think "The Wave" is a jeepers thing. With over a million JK's sold and the ability of the JKU to be a daily commuter for small families, its save to say not everyone driving a jeep can be considered a jeeper.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom