The Winch Thread

Napalm

1. Type - Quadratec Q9500i
2. Pros - Price was great for integrated type, good pull speed, happy with the quality
2. Con's - none yet.
3. Type line - Steel -- would have preferred synthetic, but wasn't available on this unit when I bought (a bit pricy to change out now, eventually)
4. Have u used it - a few times.
View attachment 144249

Note: I hadn't yet completed running the wiring when pic was taken hence the coil of black wire in front of winch on left

What's the benefit of having an integrated solenoid?

Siebermd

Anyone doing anything cool with their winch lately? I moved my loaded down, heavy ass trailer recently. (No pics). Had to re-position it so I could hook it up. I love having this fantastic versital tool.

epetry

So after a quick search here on wayalife,I didn't find a winch thread. So I figured it would be a good idea to start a one. Now ppl who are interested in purchasing a new winch can make an informed decision because of the information we provide about our personal experiences with our winches. I don't want this to be a "my winch is better than urs" thread.... Just pros/cons & ur experiences.... So with that let's get this started!

1. What kind of winch do u own?
2. Pros/Cons?
3. What kinda line do u use? Steel or Synthetic?
4. Ever had to

1. Warn Zeon 10
2. Pros- looks great and performed great. Cons- heavy with a steel cable.
3. Steel
4. Yep.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469973818.513229.jpg

Siebermd

"What kind of winch do you own"

1. What kind of winch do u own? Superwinch 9500

2. Pros/Cons? Very useful tool, not just for recovery

3. What kinda line do u use? Steel or Synthetic? Only Synthetic, steel is just way too heavy. The unit itself is very heavy, the added weight of the steel cable is just over the top.

4. Ever had to? Move logs, pull large branches, lift things, reposition things, and help get vehicles unstuck. Fortunately, I have not had to get myself out of a situation as of yet.

AU Bronc N JK

I thought there was only one brand...

Warn 9500CTi-S

Used multiple times over the years in freezing temps, and in blazing heat! Also used to move logs/timber, rescue others, right a flipped pathfinder, and pull my duck boat up icy Ramps multiple times!!

Pros- always works!

Cons- none.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
1. Warn 9.5 Cti - just installed but have had Warn for years on ATV

2. Always works

3. Came with steel.....likely change in the future to synthetic for weight and safety

4. Used; recovery of self and others on ATV including cars near home, with snow blade, move logs, pull roots, move shed across yard....etc.

Looking forward to becoming familiar with the new one on my Jeep!

R3D4UM

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471034517.087710.jpg

Any reason not to install this on my 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock? It will be the first upgrade based on recovery being my first priority.

R3D4UM

I have that exact model and have used it 4 times so far. So glad I went with that one. You will never be disappointed.

What mount plate did you use? Are there any issues with how it sits center? Just based on a couple questions on Amazon so you never know if the person knows what they are talking about.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
What mount plate did you use? Are there any issues with how it sits center? Just based on a couple questions on Amazon so you never know if the person knows what they are talking about.

I have it sitting in the EVO Quarter Pounder bumper. There was no real drilling needed. There no mount plates to worry about with that setup. Sits perfectly center.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471040931.929456.jpg

hhunter050

Just got my new Warn Zeon 10-S! Completely worth the money. Even install on an already installed bumper was easy.

Attachments

• 1471044852761.jpg
    1471044852761.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 173

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

If you're going to install it in your HR bumper I think you'll need the maximus mount plate so that its centred.

Rottenbelly

I have a Recon 10.5. Had one on both my jeeps.
Pro's. Strong, comes with synthetic for a reasonable price.
Con's. None found so far.

Pulled this guy out no problem.

Pulled out this blazer on 38s.

Pulled this dually out of small ditch.

Toyota rescue.

JWT

The Zeon 10S is badass--I especially love the wireless controller. I've thankfully never had to use it "in earnest" (I wheel by myself a lot and try not to do anything I can't get home from) but I have pulled myself up a couple of the "hill climb" obstacles at Prairie City ORV park outside Sacramento, CA with absolutely zero problems or drama. It's super-cool plugging in the pro-cal set to the high-idle setting, putting the jeep N and walking up the hill in front of the jeep to check the line and make sure the line is pulling in straight and smooth. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471192521.887800.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471192538.283130.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom