The Winch Thread

I chose the wired over wireless on purpose. I don't want to have a wireless malfunction out in the sticks. However I have yet to hear of an issue with the platinum.

Whats the point of wireless? In cab controls are extremely easy to wire up, and most remotes come with a long lead. Long enough to get you out of harms way anyways.

No point with the wireless except that it's a cool gadget. And it is the platinum. No manual clutch.

A side bonus to this purchase is that I need a grinder to cut the factory pump bracket. So now I get to go to the store and buy a couple tools. I WIN! Any suggestions of reliable brands?

A side bonus to this purchase is that I need a grinder to cut the factory pump bracket. So now I get to go to the store and buy a couple tools. I WIN! Any suggestions of reliable brands?

I've got a craftsmen grinder from sears that got great reviews and was pretty affordable. I've been very happy with it so far.

My Milwaukee M18 Lithium Ion kit has been badass. Two drills, sawzall, grinder, csaw and light, two batteries and charger. Used the grinder and sawzall for remove the front crossmember...piece of cake.

My Milwaukee M18 Lithium Ion kit has been badass. Two drills, sawzall, grinder, csaw and light, two batteries and charger. Used the grinder and sawzall for remove the front crossmember...piece of cake.

The M18 impact is the gun I will be buying in the next month or so, or I may throw it on our wedding registry...[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

The M18 impact is the gun I will be buying in the next month or so, or I may throw it on our wedding registry...[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

My kit came with the smaller 1/4 drive impact but I want the big one. Dwiggles brought his over when we did my Enforcer...that thing is a monster! I need it.

Thread bump
Question. Is a Warn M8000 enough winch for a JKU on 35s possibly 37s later ? It will be somewhat heavy sooner or later, extra skids, front bumper, etc.

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

Last edited:
Thread bump
Question. Is a Warn M8000 enough winch for a JKU on 35s possibly 37s later ? It will be somewhat heavy sooner or later, extra skids, front bumper, etc.

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

You will likely be fine with that winch.

I run the M-8000 on my JKU, had it on my 2 door so just swapped it, but will likely upgrade to a 10k in the future. will just snatch block it of I need more pulling power until then.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom