WAYALIFE EPIC TREX : Destination MOAB 2015

budmanm3

Quite the journey. Looks like a nice little vacation. Definitely on the bucket list for an east coaster like myself. :thumb:

Flat Top

Trying not to be the resident stalker on the site :D but I was interested in mapping out the route. This is a guesstimate of the route taken but only comes out to about 2500 of 3000 miles traveled. Wow!! :rock:

WayafileTrip.jpg

mackey

Finally was able to read the entire thread. Looks like a blast. It was a smokin trip. Ok. That was dumb. Lol. Can't wait to join you on the trail.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Awesome trip! Strikes me that when you travel with Wayolife, the destination is the goal, but the journey to and from always makes it one for the record book. Shaffer Spring is a great example.:yup:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, we're so glad that you enjoyed the trip report and photos. This really was one hell of an epic trek and one that we hope to do more of in the future - only to different destinations of course. We can call it the "WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventures" and if it's possible for you to join us for one of them, we'd love to have you along for all the fun :yup:

Still shooting/using the Nex camera?
Great recap.

Actually, about half the pics were taken with our iPhone 6 and the other half, the ones that Tony took were taken with our old a77. Our old NEX did what it was supposed to do and that was to take a beating from the likes of me. Unfortunately, it no longer works.

Stephanie and I had an amazing time on this Epic Adventure. So many great memories with great friends! Looking forward to the next adventure. :yup:

We are so glad that you were able to join us for this epic adventure and are so grateful for all your help in making it possible and for helping us with all the great photos! We are so looking forward to doing this again soon :yup:

Amy and I had such an awesome time. Got to get out in the Jeep, see cool sights, do some wheeling (even Amy on Fins) and make so many memories with great people and great friends. Thanks Eddie and Cindy for capturing it all. See you on the next one!

It was awesome the two of you were able to be apart of our epic trek to Moab and it was great that Amy was willing to get behind the wheel if only for a bit. I so hope you'll join us again for future adventures.

WOW, just relived the trip! :daydream: As per usual, awesome photos. Even though we had a little trouble with our jeep (heartfelt thanks to all who assisted in the repair...you guys rock!), our first trip to Moab was beyond our expectations. Beautiful country, great friends. Can't wait for our next trip. :yup:

We're so glad that your first pilgrimage to the promised land was an enjoyable one. We had a great time with you and Tom and we're so looking forward to doing Part 2 of the CA or Bust trip with you. By the way, how's the Jeep coming along? Any word on the AC and the oil consumption problems you were having?

What a great trip!

It really was and I hope you might be able to join us for one in the future. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you all had a great trip! Glad to see Moby didn't burn to the ground and was a fairly simple fix. I can't wait to make it out to that direction one day. Keep the pictures and videos of your trips coming!

You and me both! There was literally a moment when my extinguisher was tapped out - I really did think there was a possibility that Moby could burn to the ground. Engine fires can engulf a vehicle in seconds and this really could have ended badly for us. Fortunately, we were able to get it out, find and fix the problem and still finish up our trip. I consider ourselves to be real lucky!!

Epic trek is exactly what it was. So many places, so many different moments and unplanned events. All of it combined with great people made it simply awesome:rock: it's great to relive it through the fantastic pictures and narrative. Thanks Cindy and Eddie for all your commitment in pulling these together and inviting us to share in the adventure. :clap2::clap2: Can't wait for the next one. :D

It really was an epic trek and we're so glad that you and Michelle were able to be apart of the fun. We do hope the two of you will be able to join us for more of our adventures :yup:

Thanks again for letting us come along on the adventure. I'm sure we'll remember it forever. Hopefully we'll be able to attend one of other runs this year.

It was a pleasure to have you and your family join us for the craziness that is a WAYALIFE adventure. I'm just glad that we didn't scare you away and that you'd want to be apart of future epic trek to come :yup:

My new goal...to start and finish a WAL trip :cheesy:

LOL!! Just make sure you get that AAA Roadside Assistance Premium Membership. I just may need to bum it off of you the next time around :crazyeyes:

BTW, thanks for the baaaaaaad ass boots!

I'm scared for life thanks to you :icon_crazy:

Great pics. Any chance of some YouTube vids of this trek? Looked amazing. Can't wait to have the chance to head out west.

Oh yeah, we took tons of footage and will be sure to make a video from our epic trek to Moab. It won't be the trip we were planning but in a lot of ways, I think the story is much better BECAUSE of all the challenges and changes to those plans we had to make along the way. Either way, it'll be all real. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, it was a heck of a day and I was just telling Ray tonight that I wish we were back on the trails in Moab. But more than that I've missed hanging out with this awesome group of friends! Perfect timing on this recap and just what I needed! Thank you for doing an amazing job putting together all the details and pictures so this epic trip can be remembered over and over. I feel so fortunate for the friendships and laughs we had on this trip. Eddie and Cindy you two are awesome! Tony thanks so much for the amazing shots! Stephanie you did an awesome job researching and setting up our group on this adventure! Thank you to our other leads like Et & Michelle and our tail runners Carl & Chris. Ray and I truly had an amazing time and can't wait for our next adventure!

So glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Cindy and I had a great time with you and Ray and we're so glad that you joined us on this trip. We hope the two of you will join us for more epic trex in the near future :yup:

Trying not to be the resident stalker on the site :D but I was interested in mapping out the route. This is a guesstimate of the route taken but only comes out to about 2500 of 3000 miles traveled. Wow!! :rock:

View attachment 139874

LOL!! That's pretty damn close. Certainly, it's most of what we did minus the trail runs and side trips we took along the way there and back. :yup:

Awesome trip! Strikes me that when you travel with Wayolife, the destination is the goal, but the journey to and from always makes it one for the record book. Shaffer Spring is a great example.:yup:

That about sums it up! We always have a plan and a specific destination but it's the "journey" there that makes it so much fun. At least for us anyway. For years, we've always just bee lined it to Moab and just to go wheeling (hell, plenty of guys just trailer their Jeeps there) but thought, at least this one time, how cool would it be to check out all the cool stuff there is to see along the way. We're just glad that there are others who can appreciate and enjoy a trip like this. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks everyone, we're so glad that you enjoyed the trip report and photos. This really was one hell of an epic trek and one that we hope to do more of in the future - only to different destinations of course. We can call it the "WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventures" and if it's possible for you to join us for one of them, we'd love to have you along for all the fun :yup:

It was awesome the two of you were able to be apart of our epic trek to Moab and it was great that Amy was willing to get behind the wheel if only for a bit. I so hope you'll join us again for future adventures.

The WETA Series??LOL (WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventures)....sign me up! Amy will surely do more driving in the future. I think the conditions of snow, rain and sloppy trails took it a bit from her comfort zone. Though I think she'd do great....minus the co-driver talking in her ear. LOL

We always have a plan and a specific destination but it's the "journey" there that makes it so much fun. At least for us anyway. We're just glad that there are others who can appreciate and enjoy a trip like this. :yup:

Oh yeah, we took tons of footage and will be sure to make a video from our epic trek to Moab. It won't be the trip we were planning but in a lot of ways, I think the story is much better BECAUSE of all the challenges and changes to those plans we had to make along the way. Either way, it'll be all real. :yup:

It was truly a journey. No disappointments here and the challenges/changes all seemed part of the fun. Amy and I will remember this one forever. :yup::clap2:

Last edited:

Mun50n3d

Man, I'm only starting year three of my JEEP adventures. After talking to locals, doing my own research, and deciding MOAB was to be a bucket list item; my own treks begun. Then, I get the WAYALIFE email from Eddie. It has only made my thirst to the off-road mecca called MOAB a necessity.

Thank You burning this bucket item into my list. It was just amazing to follow your journey; amazing photos and narrative captions.
:thumb: :clap2:
:drinks:

HighlanderJK

Thanks Eddie and Cindy, for a great adventure, including my first camping trip. And thanks for the fun and friendship shared with the group! Et and I had a blast!

Dean454

2015 WAYALIFE EPIC TREK to MOAB

Thank you Eddie and Cindy. Scott and I had a great time except for when I fell off the mountain and hurt my butt, I mean back. I made a short movie about our trip. It's on YouTube search for pilgrimage to Moab 2015 if you would like to watch it. Thank you here is a link. https://youtu.be/fuoGIXShfHs

Last edited:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
WOW, just relived the trip! :daydream: As per usual, awesome photos. Even though we had a little trouble with our jeep (heartfelt thanks to all who assisted in the repair...you guys rock!), our first trip to Moab was beyond our expectations. Beautiful country, great friends. Can't wait for our next trip. :yup:

We're so glad that your first pilgrimage to the promised land was an enjoyable one. We had a great time with you and Tom and we're so looking forward to doing Part 2 of the CA or Bust trip with you. By the way, how's the Jeep coming along? Any word on the AC and the oil consumption problems you were having?

The Victorville dealership informed me that the AC was bone dry. They re-charged the system and could not find any leaks so they added a dye to the system and told me to bring it back after about 500 miles. Hopefully the dye will show up somewhere and we'll get the problem solved.

As for the oil consumption, they topped off the oil and started a log and will monitor how much oil gets used up in the same 500 miles. I told them that I have a 4 day trip to Arizona planned for May 3-6 and it will likely be considerably more than 500 miles before they get the Jeep back. They told me to go for it and make note of any/how much oil I use on the trip.

The CEL has gone off about 4 or 5 times since bringing it home. Each time it is the same P0016 code. Oil level has remained good so far though. The Arizona trip will be the true test. I just had the oil changed at a local dealership as an added precaution.

Hoping to have good news for the second installment of this issue. I don't want to be left out of the Cali-or-Bust final episode.

Man, oh man. I love this forum and all the merry miscreants in it. Every trip is a laugh filled adventure and an education for me. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for allowing me and Susan into the clan.

Top Bottom