WAYALIFE EPIC TREX : Destination MOAB 2015

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The WETA Series??LOL (WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventures)....sign me up! Amy will surely do more driving in the future. I think the conditions of snow, rain and sloppy trails took it a bit from her comfort zone. Though I think she'd do great....minus the co-driver talking in her ear. LOL

It was truly a journey. No disappointments here and the challenges/changes all seemed part of the fun. Amy and I will remember this one forever. :yup::clap2:

LOL!! I was half joking about the WAYALIFE Epic Trek thing but being that we've done so many trips like this in the past and will be sure to do more in the future, I may have to give the official name thing a harder look. :crazyeyes:

I said I would :thumb: and thank you again :D

Awesome :thumb:

Have you posted videos of this trip on YouTube yet eddie?

It takes them a bit of time for editing.. Lol.

Give them some time

LOL!! What piginajeep said, please give us some time, we'll be sure to work on it :yup:

An amazing journey to say the least. Thanks for sharing :rock:

Missed you on this one my friend.

Thanks Eddie and Cindy, for a great adventure, including my first camping trip. And thanks for the fun and friendship shared with the group! Et and I had a blast!

It was great having you join us for this trip Michelle and we do hope you and all your wonderful voices will join us for more in the future :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Eddie and Cindy. Scott and I had a great time except for when I fell off the mountain and hurt my butt, I mean back. I made a short movie about our trip. It's on YouTube search for pilgrimage to Moab 2015 if you would like to watch it. Thank you here is a link. https://youtu.be/fuoGIXShfHs

:cheesy: Oh come on, "fell off the mountain"?! Your feet slipped out from under you while you were just standing on the trail and while landing your tail bone on that rock looked painful, that's a far cry from falling off a mountain :crazyeyes:

Glad you guys had a great time and I'll have to give your vid a look once I get back home. :yup:

The Victorville dealership informed me that the AC was bone dry. They re-charged the system and could not find any leaks so they added a dye to the system and told me to bring it back after about 500 miles. Hopefully the dye will show up somewhere and we'll get the problem solved.

As for the oil consumption, they topped off the oil and started a log and will monitor how much oil gets used up in the same 500 miles. I told them that I have a 4 day trip to Arizona planned for May 3-6 and it will likely be considerably more than 500 miles before they get the Jeep back. They told me to go for it and make note of any/how much oil I use on the trip.

The CEL has gone off about 4 or 5 times since bringing it home. Each time it is the same P0016 code. Oil level has remained good so far though. The Arizona trip will be the true test. I just had the oil changed at a local dealership as an added precaution.

Hoping to have good news for the second installment of this issue. I don't want to be left out of the Cali-or-Bust final episode.

Man, oh man. I love this forum and all the merry miscreants in it. Every trip is a laugh filled adventure and an education for me. Thank you Eddie and Cindy for allowing me and Susan into the clan.

Didn't you guys try recharging your AC out there in Blanding? :thinking:

Hopefully they can get to the bottom of things and get you a new motor when it's needed.

Awesome pictures.. Looks like an amazing trip

Great photos and descriptions. Awesome trip!

Agreed, Thanks for sharing

Thanks guys, it really was an awesome trip and I'm so glad that you enjoyed the pics :yup:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
Didn't you guys try recharging your AC out there in Blanding? :thinking:
Hopefully they can get to the bottom of things and get you a new motor when it's needed.

LOL Yes. I did try. Unfortunately, the instructions were wrapped around the refrigerant can and stuck together in a gluey mess. The "easy as 1,2,3" advert on the outside of the can wasn't specific enough. :sigh:

After a couple of failed tries, I tried to place the can in safe mode for travel and later attempts. I guess I am not as bright as a caveman because I ended up losing all the refrigerant from the can. At that point I decided that DIY works best for me when I actually see first how it is done by someone that knows what they are doing. :doh:

After getting home to my computer, subsequent Youtube vids have shown me the error of my ways and I will be taking a can of the stuff and a downloaded video reminder for my trip to Arizona this Sunday. :blush:

spinuck

Strung together some of the time lapses and videos I got with my GoPro on this trip and set it to music. Warning: the video quality and editing are NOT very good, and the music is probably disagreeable to most.

Last edited:

Trail JK

Strung together some of the time lapses and videos I got with my GoPro on this trip and set it to music. Warning: the video quality and editing are NOT very good, and the music is probably disagreeable to most.

Nice job Jason & Misty! Thanks for sharing it!

Jason, you have a ton of video! How many batteries did you rotate? I just have very few small clips. We need a better system. Lol

JAGS

Hooked

Good job J. Thanks for sharing.

spinuck

Nice job Jason & Misty! Thanks for sharing it!

Jason, you have a ton of video! How many batteries did you rotate? I just have very few small clips. We need a better system. Lol

We only have 3 batteries. We got the cheap "wasabi power " bundle that come with 2 batteries and a double charger so we always had at least one battery charging.

Mun50n3d

Hey! I enjoyed the music. Video was good too.
What's the playlist on the video? I guess I could watch it again and have SoundHound app ready when a new song comes up.

:thumb:

spinuck

There's a list in the "credits" if you skip to the end. From what I recall, some of the bands are: Mad Caddies, Bad Religion, Streetlight Manifesto, All, Rancid, Millencolin, Flogging Molly.

Top Bottom