PDA

View Full Version : It's a perceived fact that wayoflife pimps EVO and shuns any alternatives!

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 12:47 AM
LOL!! Speaking of MetalJoke (a new term I recently heard), I recently had the pleasure of watching a guy with their kit, complete with their 6-pack shocks try to keep on some big whoops... it didn't end well :crazyeyes:

Got some pictures of the carnage?

NOTE: This thread was originally started here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15994-Swapping-AEV-2-5-DS-Coils-for-EVO-Plush-Rides

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm still wondering where the destruction of the Metalcloak stuff is at.

TheDuff
09-14-2014, 02:01 PM

No one but you cares

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 02:23 PM

Never said the MetalJoke stuff broke. The driver just had his ass handed to him trying to keep up and the ride was so rough, other things broke. :naw:

No one but you cares

Apparently.

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 03:02 PM
No one but you cares

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Look.....I'm generally interested when someone makes a statement regarding equipment failures that people spend thousands of their hard earned dollars on. Information is king when it comes to making those decisions. What isn't valuable is bashing a product in a industry that supports our hobby and communities. So much of the jeep community reminds me of the Apple/Android fan boys arguing over which phone is better and blindly supporting a product. What these fanboys don't realize is they do more damage to the company they support than they help.

Same in the jeeping community....this mentality hurts the product more than it helps because it creates a view of that product. Those companies should be proactive in shutting this down, instead of allowing to happen. They should support one another for the whole of the industry. Allowing this mentality to exist about their products is costing them customers and money. I know it will cost some of those companies my thousands in business. Supporting the companies in this industry will only bring us better products and competition breeds better benefits to us all.

So when I ask, it's because I want facts, not jokes or blind sided loyalty. I want to make a informed decision. I want to look past one bad weld on a product when thousands are just fine. I want to evaluate the product, the company, and their relationship in the community. Also evaluate how they handle their reputation and their relationships in the community.

To do this it would require maturity in the community...adults look at things with facts.

Sharkey
09-14-2014, 03:28 PM
Look.....I'm generally interested when someone makes a statement regarding equipment failures that people spend thousands of their hard earned dollars on. Information is king when it comes to making those decisions. What isn't valuable is bashing a product in a industry that supports our hobby and communities. So much of the jeep community reminds me of the Apple/Android fan boys arguing over which phone is better and blindly supporting a product. What these fanboys don't realize is they do more damage to the company they support than they help.

Same in the jeeping community....this mentality hurts the product more than it helps because it creates a view of that product. Those companies should be proactive in shutting this down, instead of allowing to happen. They should support one another for the whole of the industry. Allowing this mentality to exist about their products is costing them customers and money. I know it will cost some of those companies my thousands in business. Supporting the companies in this industry will only bring us better products and competition breeds better benefits to us all.

So when I ask, it's because I want facts, not jokes or blind sided loyalty. I want to make a informed decision. I want to look past one bad weld on a product when thousands are just fine. I want to evaluate the product, the company, and their relationship in the community. Also evaluate how they handle their reputation and their relationships in the community.

To do this it would require maturity in the community...adults look at things with facts.

:grouphug:

I want to run shit that works as advertised. When I spend my hard earned money on something, I do so because I expect it to work and to last. It's only an upgrade if it increases the likelihood of me and my family making it through the trail in one piece...and making it home from the trail on time.

You asked to see "the carnage". Eddie never said there was carnage. He was clearly making a statement about the inability of the "game changer" to keep up in a high speed run. Pretty sure everyone else who has read this thread understood the point, except you. I'm also pretty sure no one was surprised, except maybe you and the marketing crew from Metal Choke, to hear that the six pack of pink flying unicorns doesn't hold a candle to the throw down.

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 03:35 PM
:grouphug:

I want to run shit that works as advertised. When I spend my hard earned money on something, I do so because I expect it to work and to last. It's only an upgrade if it increases the likelihood of me and my family making it through the trail in one piece...and making it home from the trail on time.

You asked to see "the carnage". Eddie never said there was carnage. He was clearly making a statement about the inability of the "game changer" to keep up in a high speed run. Pretty sure everyone else who has read this thread understood the point, except you. I'm also pretty sure no one was surprised, except maybe you and the marketing crew from Metal Choke, to hear that the six pack of pink flying unicorns doesn't hold a candle to the throw down.

I understood what was said....I just wanted more information and perhaps a look at the damage the metalcloak cause to the other components. So you decide to make a personal poke at me and the company because I asked to understand more about what happened. He made a statement about a product that could not perform, I asked to see it. I'm going to assume you took issue with the point I made about supporting companies that support the community and how that support sometimes can damage their image.

I too expect the things I purchase to work and last and facts show this, opinions don't. I'm not questioning anyone's experience here...again, I just asked to see the results from the statement made.

olram30
09-14-2014, 03:38 PM
I understood what was said....I just wanted more information and perhaps a look at the damage the metalcloak cause to the other components. So you decide to make a personal poke at me and the company because I asked to understand more about what happened. He made a statement about a product that could not perform, I asked to see it. I'm going to assume you took issue with the point I made about supporting companies that support the community and how supports can damage their image.

I too expect the things I purchase to work and last and facts show this, opinions don't. I'm not questioning anyone's experience here...again, I just asked to see the results from the statement made.

What personal poke was made? Re read the post and I don't see it.

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 03:46 PM
What personal poke was made? Re read the post and I don't see it.

You can read between the lines....he was insinuating that I was a metal cloak supporter and surprised to hear that the product didn't perform. I have no loyalty to any product, again I just wanted to see what happened.

Every product fails or has an issue....and if you didn't buy products due to a failure to perform, then you would never buy a jeep. Knowing the conditions, the failure, and the affects helps everyone. Calling Metal cloak, metal choke, helps no one including the industry that supports the community.

olram30
09-14-2014, 03:52 PM
You can read between the lines....he was insinuating that I was a metal cloak supporter and surprised to hear that the product didn't perform. I have no loyalty to any product, again I just wanted to see what happened.

Every product fails or has an issue....and if you didn't buy products due to a failure to perform, then you would never buy a jeep. Knowing the conditions, the failure, and the affects helps everyone. Calling Metal cloak, metal choke, helps no one including the industry that supports the community.

You sound sensitive to anybody having an opinion or actually seeing metaljoke not perform up to their advertisements. People are more than welcome to have opinions, and sometimes they aren't the same as yours. Life goes on.

Sharkey
09-14-2014, 03:54 PM
I don't profess to know much. However, I know this with absolute certainty: I have never, nor will I ever, try to personally poke you.

As for the DTD. Have you ever actually seen one in action at speed or tried to keep up with one? If you have, you would know that just about any other lift out there is going to rattle the Jeep apart trying to keep up. There is a reason why it became "illegal" in the lower class at the KOH run. It's that good. When I hear some yahoo claim his six pack could keep up, I laugh. I don't need to see the video for proof of what happened.

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't profess to know much. However, I know this with absolute certainty: I have never, nor will I ever, try to personally poke you.

As for the DTD. Have you ever actually seen one in action at speed or tried to keep up with one? If you have, you would know that just about any other lift out there is going to rattle the Jeep apart trying to keep up. There is a reason why it became "illegal" in the lower class at the KOH run. It's that good. When I here some yahoo claim his six pack could keep up, I laugh. I don't need to see the video for proof of what happened.

I appreciate that, and perhaps I misunderstood the intention.

I understand there are circumstances that some equipment are made to handle and some are not. You can't compare the DTD and the gamechanger. They are two completely different levels, apples and oranges. Anyone who would think that the gamechanger would keep up with a well designed coilover system is fooling themselves. I wasn't asking for proof that the gamechanger failed in comparsion to the DTD. I was asking for the result of the high speed run on the gamechanger.

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Look.....I'm generally interested when someone makes a statement regarding equipment failures...

:cheesy: Funny how you just happened to become generally interested in what you assumed was statement regarding equipment failure on a MC lift and about 10 pages in on a thread concerning AEV coils being swapped out for EVO ones. :crazyeyes:

...that people spend thousands of their hard earned dollars on.

Don't get me wrong but most people spend thousands of their hard earned dollars on great marketing, not necessarily great product. And, what I can assure you of is that most will never say anything bad about what they chose to buy. Of course, doing so would require admitting they may have made a mistake. For my purposes, I can only share what I have seen - you can take it or leave it.

Information is king when it comes to making those decisions.

Please, information is only as good as it's source and your trust in it. Me, I'm a nobody with a website and you can take the information I have to offer for what it is. :yup:

What isn't valuable is bashing a product in a industry that supports our hobby and communities.

You'll forgive me but, just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean that anyone is "bashing" anything. Also, as far as "supporting our hobby and communities" go, exactly how do they do that? :thinking: :naw:

So much of the jeep community reminds me of the Apple/Android fan boys arguing over which phone is better and blindly supporting a product. What these fanboys don't realize is they do more damage to the company they support than they help. Same in the jeeping community....this mentality hurts the product more than it helps because it creates a view of that product.

And really, what do you care about what view a product has or how it's hurt by people simply sharing their opinion about it? Do you have stock in the company or something? :naw:

Those companies should be proactive in shutting this down, instead of allowing to happen. They should support one another for the whole of the industry. Allowing this mentality to exist about their products is costing them customers and money. I know it will cost some of those companies my thousands in business. Supporting the companies in this industry will only bring us better products and competition breeds better benefits to us all.

WTF?? Really? You'll forgive me but supporting companies that MAKE great products breeds competition that ultimately provides all of us with better products. This kun-by-ya mentality of companies supporting other companies for the whole of the industry is a recipe for stagnation and complacency.

So save your preaching and do just that! Nobody I know will stand in your way. :naw:

Wrong. There is nothing stopping YOU from doing this. What requires maturity is you understanding that people have opinions that may differ from yours.

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 04:19 PM
You asked to see "the carnage". Eddie never said there was carnage. He was clearly making a statement about the inability of the "game changer" to keep up in a high speed run.

Thank you for being able to see what I said for what it was.

I understood what was said....I just wanted more information and perhaps a look at the damage the metalcloak cause to the other components.

Like I said, the driver had his ass handed to him - as in, he was bucked around like a bronco rider at a rodeo. That was my main point and in my original statement, never once suggested that anything broke. That something did was almost irrelevant to me.

Every product fails or has an issue....

Correction, every product CAN fail or have an issue. Not all do or, not as of yet.

Knowing the conditions, the failure, and the affects helps everyone.

Big whoops and high speed will kick your ass unless you really have the gear to handle it. What more needs to be said.

Calling Metal cloak, metal choke, helps no one including the industry that supports the community.

MetalJoke. There, I've said it again. If me saying that helps people not buy their product, then I just helped those people. As far as MetalJoke is concerned, they work in the industry to make money like all the companies in the industry do. How exactly they "support the community" goes is beyond me. Companies come and companies go and if they make a substandard product or can't deliver what they advertise, they should go.

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 04:23 PM
As for the DTD. Have you ever actually seen one in action at speed or tried to keep up with one? If you have, you would know that just about any other lift out there is going to rattle the Jeep apart trying to keep up. There is a reason why it became "illegal" in the lower class at the KOH run. It's that good. When I hear some yahoo claim his six pack could keep up, I laugh. I don't need to see the video for proof of what happened.

This is true. The DTD was deemed to be "too fast" for the KOH Everymans Challenge and so a rig with one on has to compete in the Ultra4 class with all the buggies.

I understand there are circumstances that some equipment are made to handle and some are not. You can't compare the DTD and the gamechanger. They are two completely different levels, apples and oranges. Anyone who would think that the gamechanger would keep up with a well designed coilover system is fooling themselves.

You're right, they really are an apples to oranges comparison but I still see guys try to compare the gamechangers to coil overs all the time. :crazyeyes:

I wasn't asking for proof that the gamechanger failed in comparsion to the DTD. I was asking for the result of the high speed run on the gamechanger.

And like I said, the driver had his ass handed to him. His coils and gaychanger shocks couldn't keep up with the hard hits and his Jeep looked almost out of control.

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 04:35 PM
:cheesy: Funny how you just happened to become generally interested in what you assumed was statement regarding equipment failure on a MC lift and about 10 pages in on a thread concerning AEV coils being swapped out for EVO ones. :crazyeyes:

You brought up the MC system in the thread regarding AEV coils.

Please, information is only as good as it's source and your trust in it. Me, I'm a nobody with a website and you can take the information I have to offer for what it is. :yup:

You said you had seen it, typically when there is a failure or something that lead to a failure, you post it. I point towards the PS bumper thread. I just asked to see it.

You'll forgive me but, just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean that anyone is "bashing" anything. Also, as far as "supporting our hobby and communities" go, exactly how do they do that? :thinking: :naw:

When you call them metal joke, that is bashing. They are involved in the community, you can't say they are not.

And really, what do you care about what view a product has or how it's hurt by people simply sharing their opinion about it? Do you have stock in the company or something? :naw:

I think it makes the community as a whole look bad. Name calling like children serves no purpose. Sharing facts, data, and results speak for itself, opinions are like.... I have no interest in MC, only that I will be dropping $10k underneath my jeep shortly. MC is a consideration, pending on what I decide to do with my jeep. So is the EVO bolt-on, and EVO 3.5 Long-arm w/plush rides. Again, pending on what I decide to do with my jeep. Looking at the cause and effect of each system helps me make that decision.

WTF?? Really? You'll forgive me but supporting companies that MAKE great products breeds competition that ultimately provides all of us with better products. This kun-by-ya mentality of companies supporting other companies for the whole of the industry is a recipe for stagnation and complacency.

I didn't say sharing of data, manufacturing processes, and technologies... I was referring to supporting the community as a whole by engaging in professional discussions, not speaking ill of one another, and not allowing supporters close to the company engage in talking ill of their competition. This shows professionalism, maturity, and speaks volumes about the company I may drop $10k with. By allowing that immaturity can cost that business a ton of money and business. Direct or indirect representatives of those companies can cause a lot of damage. No matter how good of a product that company has, I will refuse to do business with them if its represented in a unprofessional manner. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Wrong. There is nothing stopping YOU from doing this. What requires maturity is you understanding that people have opinions that may differ from yours.

Maturity is having informed opinions based on fact and data, talking through that opinion with fact and data. Opinions based on a popularity contest, shows lack of maturity. That kind of thing belongs in high school where it should have left at.

olram30
09-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Ok, I once bought a metaljoke product. Highly disappointed and felt ripped off. now is my opinion relevant?
Edit, I've also didn't my hard earned money on synergy and been disappointed, skyjacker also disappointed with. I can go on..

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 04:51 PM
Ok, I once bought a metaljoke product. Highly disappointed and felt ripped off. now is my opinion relevant?

I'll bite...

You can have your opinion, valid or not, how its represented is what determines its weight.

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 04:56 PM
You brought up the MC system in the thread regarding AEV coils.

Look again at post #87 champ :naw:

You said you had seen it, typically when there is a failure or something that lead to a failure, you post it. I point towards the PS bumper thread. I just asked to see it.

Funny, what I said was, and I quote, "I recently had the pleasure of watching a guy with their kit, complete with their 6-pack shocks try to keep on some big whoops... it didn't end well" Remind me again where I had made any mention of a "failure"? Just because you want to read into things so that you can get your toes stepped on doesn't mean that's what I said. :naw:

When you call them metal joke, that is bashing.

Oh please, grow a set of balls already. As I had said, the "MetalJoke" term was something I recently heard and yeah, I think it's funny. You want to call that "bashing", fine, I'm bashing them. But know this, names don't mean squat if there's nothing to support it.

They are involved in the community, you can't say they are not.

You'll forgive me but I will say what ever I damn well please and NO, they are NOT a "part" of my community. They are a just business selling product to it. There is a difference.

I think it makes the community as a whole look bad. Name calling like children serves no purpose.

Not that anyone cares what you think but, you are free to think that.

Sharing facts, data, and results speak for itself, opinions are like....

Like I said, information on the internet is only as good as its source and your trust in it. I have no reason to make anything up and couldn't care less if you like or agree with anything I have to say. I can only share what I have seen and you can take it or leave it. :yup:

I have no interest in MC, only that I will be dropping $10k underneath my jeep shortly. MC is a consideration, pending on what I decide to do with my jeep.

Wait... you have no interest in MetalJoke but, it is a consideration pending on what you decide to do with your Jeep?? :thinking:

So is the EVO bolt-on, and EVO 3.5 Long-arm w/plush rides. Again, pending on what I decide to do with my jeep. Looking at the cause and effect of each system helps me make that decision.

Unless you plan on doing some wheeling outside of TX, this is probably more than you will need. But, rather than just reading on the internet about different kits, why not find some guys in your area that have these kits and test them out for yourself. If I haven't already installed and tested the myriad of kits out there today on my own Jeep, that's what I do.

I didn't say sharing of data, manufacturing processes, and technologies... I was referring to supporting the community as a whole by engaging in professional discussions, not speaking ill of one another, and not allowing supporters close to the company engage in talking ill of their competition.

Oh please, go take your self-righteousness back to your church. :naw:

This shows professionalism, maturity, and speaks volumes about the company I may drop $10k with. By allowing that immaturity can cost that business a ton of money and business. Direct or indirect representatives of those companies can cause a lot of damage. No matter how good of a product that company has, I will refuse to do business with them if its represented in a unprofessional manner. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

And isn't it a beautiful thing that you live in America where you can choose to spend your money how ever you damn well please!! :thumb:

Maturity is having informed opinions based on fact and data, talking through that opinion with fact and data. Opinions based on a popularity contest, shows lack of maturity. That kind of thing belongs in high school where it should have left at.

And that's your opinion.

olram30
09-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Also, since AEV was the original topic, I don't care for their coils or drop brackets. I do like their procal, tire carrier and Jack base. I can have an opinion an any company.
But mc has disappointed me by ripping me off, so I can have any opinion I want. Don't like it? Too bad..
I have never been asked to promote any certain brand or company by anyone. I only recommend products I would spend my hard earned money on.

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Funny, what I said was, and I quote, "I recently had the pleasure of watching a guy with their kit, complete with their 6-pack shocks try to keep on some big whoops... it didn't end well" Remind me again where I had made any mention of a "failure"? Just because you want to read into things so that you can get your toes stepped on doesn't mean that's what I said.

Referring to post #109.

Never said the MetalJoke stuff broke. The driver just had his ass handed to him trying to keep up and the ride was so rough, other things broke. :naw:

You stated the ride of the MC lift in the high speed run contributed to other things breaking. To me that's a failure due to the MC system causing stress on other components. I asked to see it because I am generally interested in the system limitations. Is that such a bad thing?

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 05:12 PM
Also, since AEV was the original topic, I don't care for their coils or drop brackets. I do like their procal, tire carrier and Jack base. I can have an opinion an any company.
But mc has disappointed me by ripping me off, so I can have any opinion I want. Don't like it? Too bad..
I have never been asked to promote any certain brand or company by anyone. I only recommend products I would spend my hard earned money on.

No one said you couldn't have an opinion, have any opinion you want...What I said is how you represent your opinion determines its weight. Maybe I should just go back to my church.:rolleyes2:

noroad
09-14-2014, 05:23 PM
I have no interest in MC, only that I will be dropping $10k underneath my jeep shortly.

My i ask why you are still inquiring about MC then? you seem to just be wanting something more then peoples thoughts at this point!

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Referring to post #109.

Ummm, that was a response to YOU and only after you whined about wanting to still see whatever "destruction of the Metalcloak stuff" you imagined I said there was. :naw:

You stated the ride of the MC lift in the high speed run contributed to other things breaking. To me that's a failure due to the MC system causing stress on other components.

LOL!! You just won't give up. Here's something that broke, the guy's faith in his MetalJoke system. To be clear, YOU are the one who want to make this into "breaks". My only point was that the MetalJoke kit couldn't keep up at high speeds on the whoops.

I asked to see it because I am generally interested in the system limitations.

Funny, I just did a Google search and found this...

Seems to me that you're just a fanboy that's generally just interested in defending the lift kit you've chosen to buy. :naw:

Is that such a bad thing?

Not at all but, I never said I had anything to show. I know this may be shocking to you but, hard as I may try, I don't always get a chance to photograph everything I see. Of course, you are free to believe what you want.

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 05:25 PM
My i ask why you are still inquiring about MC then? you seem to just be wanting something more then peoples thoughts at this point!

Because he's just a fanboy trying to defend the kit he's chosen to buy and without looking like a tool. Just do a google search :naw:

olram30
09-14-2014, 05:28 PM

He wants someone to comfort him on his future game changer lift. Best advice I can give him is invest in a bottle of nitrogen to keep those shocks charged. People are having to recharge those 6 packs every other month.

noroad
09-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Because he's just a fanboy trying to defend the kit he's chosen to buy and without looking like a tool. Just do a google search :naw:

I just did!

olram30
09-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Well that explains a lot!

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 05:35 PM
I just did!

:cheesy: Well that's one I hadn't found yet - thanks for posting that up!

No, there's no agenda here :naw:

olram30
09-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Lol, I like the tab, "how to take a screen shot"

noroad
09-14-2014, 05:39 PM
He wants someone to comfort him on his future game changer lift. Best advice I can give him is invest in a bottle of nitrogen to keep those shocks charged. People are having to recharge those 6 packs every other month.

my question is why do they think that we our the dicks because we like facts and wont buy products that break. I dont jump on there forum like a teenage girl and cause problems, If you dont like facts leave! I run Rubicon express and didnt get pressured in to buying evo stuff! Hell i build a friends jeep with fox coilovers its nice, but the lady and I wanted to try evo bolt on coilovers and cant wait till they come. we bought them beacuse it was a good deal and people love them, know one put a gun to my head here and said you must buy them! Just dont understand the high school crap i guess!

noroad
09-14-2014, 05:40 PM
:cheesy: Well that's one I hadn't found yet - thanks for posting that up!

No, there's no agenda here :naw:

No No just looking for facts here, but dont have an opinion that might but hurt someone!

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 05:41 PM
my question is why do they think that we our the dicks because we like facts and wont buy products that break. I dont jump on there forum like a teenage girl and cause problems, If you dont like facts leave! I run Rubicon express and didnt get pressured in to buying evo stuff! Hell i build a friends jeep with fox coilovers its nice, but the lady and I wanted to try evo bolt on coilovers and cant wait till they come. we bought them beacuse it was a good deal and people love them, know one put a gun to my head here and said you must buy them! Just dont understand the high school crap i guess!

Blasphemy!! There's no way you can be a member of WAYALIFE unless you buy EVO products!! :cheesy:

noroad
09-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Lol, I like the tab, "how to take a screen shot"

hahahaha it slipped my mind hahah needed a refresher haha :cheesy:

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Ummm, that was a response to YOU and only after you whined about wanting to still see whatever "destruction of the Metalcloak stuff" you imagined I said there was. :naw:

LOL!! You just won't give up. Here's something that broke, the guy's faith in his MetalJoke system. To be clear, YOU are the one who want to make this into "breaks". My only point was that the MetalJoke kit couldn't keep up at high speeds on the whoops.

Funny, I just did a Google search and found this...

Seems to me that you're just a fanboy that's generally just interested in defending the lift kit you've chosen to buy. :naw:

Not at all but, I never said I had anything to show. I know this may be shocking to you but, hard as I may try, I don't always get a chance to photograph everything I see. Of course, you are free to believe what you want.

Wow, I whined huh?

I just asked to see the damaged caused by what you described. All you had to say was I don't have any pictures, but this is what I had seen. Instead, now I'm sooo much of a fan boy, you actually wasted your time to Google me and take a post off a mustang website. Your nets ability is simply stunning... That was very early in my planned build, I have decided against the camoliner since then and re-examining my lift options. Kuddos to you for finding something irrelevant, it is funny.

So because I'm objectively looking at my options and asking for real information I'm a fanboy? I have been on the trail (not anything challenging) in a MC setup, and found no faults. Does that mean I want one? No because that's just one instance and not representative of all situations. They are on my list, but so are other systems that I have read about here, from you. So now I am trying to compare my options, asking for info, and getting crap because I wanted non-biased opinions and information.

wayoflife
No No just looking for facts here, but dont have an opinion that might but hurt someone!

:cheesy: Sorry, I should clarify that my comment was intended for gripenfelter. Clearly, he's got an agenda for being here and I was just being sarcastic about it :D

noroad
Blasphemy!! There's no way you can be a member of WAYALIFE unless you buy EVO products!! :cheesy:

Fine ill take my crap box and go home for a day, then Ill make another account and come back!! :cheesy::cheesy:

noroad
09-14-2014, 05:44 PM
:cheesy: Sorry, I should clarify that my comment was intended for gripenfelter. Clearly, he's got an agenda for being here and I was just being sarcastic about it :D

O i know it was for him! im just saying dont have a elevated opinion that might hurt his ego! hahah

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 05:46 PM
I just did!

I see I have brought out the e-thugs and groupies. Good job....

I still stand by what I said....There is great information here, but the bias drives people away from both here and from EVO products. It may not concern you, but that seems to be a opinion shared out there.

Does that make you bad people, no...but shit like this does. This is what I was referring to regarding the immaturity.

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Wow, I whined huh?

You're right, it was more of you bitching about it. :yup:

I just asked to see the damaged caused by what you described.

Hello, anyone there? Since you keep missing it, I NEVER SAID ANYTHING about damage. What I described was a very harsh ride trying to keep up on the whoops. YOU are the one who mentioned a break and then bitched about not seeing pics of it. :naw:

All you had to say was I don't have any pictures, but this is what I had seen.

And I have. :naw:

Instead, now I'm sooo much of a fan boy, you actually wasted your time to Google me and take a post off a mustang website. Your nets ability is simply stunning... That was very early in my planned build, I have decided against the camoliner since then and re-examining my lift options. Kuddos to you for finding something irrelevant, it is funny.

You're right, what noroads posted up is much more relevant...

So because I'm objectively looking at my options and asking for real information I'm a fanboy?

:cheesy: at "objectively". If that's what you want to call it. :crazyeyes:

I have been on the trail (not anything challenging) in a MC setup, and found no faults.

Never said that you would find faults with it driving on a dirt road - just bombing down big whoops. :naw:

Does that mean I want one? No because that's just one instance and not representative of all situations. They are on my list, but so are other systems that I have read about here, from you. So now I am trying to compare my options, asking for info, and getting crap because I wanted non-biased opinions and information.

Funny, that's not what you said on JKO ;)

noroad
09-14-2014, 05:51 PM
I wanted non-biased opinions and information.

Its called google. look at reviews if you dont like what people are saying about your lift if it hurts your feelings. how do you want an opinion that is non biased??? its an opinion??? its jaded through each persons knowledge and experiences!

noroad
09-14-2014, 05:52 PM

I still stand by what I said....There is great information here, but the bias drives people away from both here and from EVO products. It may not concern you, but that seems to be a opinion shared out there.

Does that make you bad people, no...but shit like this does. This is what I was referring to regarding the immaturity.

Please point out the evo for me besides the c's??

olram30
09-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Your evo c's are driving people away from the forum and evo mfg according to him:confused:

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 05:56 PM

No, you've just brought out people wanting the truth. You and your buddies over on JKO and JKF are the ones who talk smack about us and then come here to pick fights. Unfortunately, you're not real good at it.

So embrace the opinions shared out there and while you're at it, spend more of your time there too. :yup:

Oh yeah, it takes real maturity to talk smack about us on JKO and then come here acting all innocent all the while trying to push your self-righteous agenda. :naw:

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 06:00 PM
No, you've just brought out people wanting the truth. You and your buddies over on JKO and JKF are the ones who talk smack about us and then come here to pick fights. Unfortunately, you're not real good at it.

So embrace the opinions shared out there and while you're at it, spend more of your time there too. :yup:

Oh yeah, it takes real maturity to talk smack about us on JKO and then come here acting all innocent all the while trying to push your self-righteous agenda. :naw:

I have no problem saying here what I said there.....

What I was stating was a perceived fact. I have no buddies at any forums, I post at all of them. I have no agenda or loyalties to anyone but myself, but a I point at this reaction to me as perception proven. I'm not here to pick a fight, I just asked if you had anything on the damage you talked about in #109. i know you do take quite a bit of pictures and videos and might be able to speak to it. I shouldn't have expected so much....

noroad
09-14-2014, 06:06 PM

What I was stating was a perceived fact. I have no buddies at any forums, I post at all of them. I have no agenda or loyalties to anyone but myself, but a I point at this reaction to me as perception proven. I'm not here to pick a fight, I just asked if you had anything on the damage you talked about in #109. i know you do take quite a bit of pictures and videos and might be able to speak to it. I shouldn't have expected so much....

Guess you didnt like this guys opinion as well!!

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 06:07 PM

:cheesy: You say that but of course, that's not what you did :naw:

What I was stating was a perceived fact.

:cheesy: at "perceived fact"!

I have no buddies at any forums...

Sucks to be you.

I post at all of them.

So do us a favor and post more on them and not here.

I have no agenda or loyalties to anyone but myself but a I point at this reaction to me as perception proven.

Oh please, of course you have an agenda and that was to prove your perceived fact about us. And, now that you've proven what you were hoping to prove, do us a favor and go back to all your other forums. :yup:

I'm not here to pick a fight, I just asked if you had anything on the damage you talked about in #109. i know you do take quite a bit of pictures and videos and might be able to speak to it. I shouldn't have expected so much....

You need to get your facts straight pal, YOU are the one who made mention of breaks, NOT me. When you bitched about not seeing any pics, I made the response that I made in post #109. What you shouldn't expect is to see things that were never mentioned in the first place. You really are a troll :naw:

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 06:08 PM

I read his post...

What are you 12? Searching my posts down like a pervert stalker looking into the bathroom window. Find something better to do, I'm not that interesting.

noroad
09-14-2014, 06:10 PM
I read his post...

What are you 12? Searching my posts down like a pervert stalker looking into the bathroom window. Find something better to do, I'm not that interesting.

Nahh im at work getting paid to look stuff up might as well be diging up stuff on you to pass my time!

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 06:11 PM

I guess it's a perceived fact that the guys on JF are all EVO pimps that steer people away from any other alternatives too :cheesy:

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 06:12 PM
I read his post...

LOL!! Afraid of what someone will find?

noroad
09-14-2014, 06:13 PM
I guess it's a perceived fact that the guys on JF are all EVO pimps that steer people away from any other alternatives too :cheesy:

maybe he got banned from there because he said he liked another company! :cheesy::cheesy:

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 06:16 PM
LOL!! Afraid of what someone will find?

Dig all you want....I'm afraid, truly....:rolleyes2:

JAGS
09-14-2014, 06:19 PM
I didn't say sharing of data, manufacturing processes, and technologies... I was referring to supporting the community as a whole by engaging in professional discussions, not speaking ill of one another, and not allowing supporters close to the company engage in talking ill of their competition. This shows professionalism, maturity, and speaks volumes about the company I may drop $10k with. By allowing that immaturity can cost that business a ton of money and business. Direct or indirect representatives of those companies can cause a lot of damage. No matter how good of a product that company has, I will refuse to do business with them if its represented in a unprofessional manner. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

What are you saying here?

There are no manufacturers participating in the thread or bashing any others on any thread in this entire forum. That stands for EVO, N4x4, rancho, dynatrac and all the others.

Please provide proof of any manufactures bashing another. Oh, so you are slandering which manufacturer then? You're full of BS and your false claims are far more damaging than any opinion of a public member of this forum.

- Jason

olram30
09-14-2014, 06:24 PM
This guy is probably Madison or mastodon what ever his name is. Gotta love these fan boys..

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 06:25 PM
This guy is probably Madison or mastodon what ever his name is. Gotta love these fan boys..

Talk about e-thugs and stalkers, I just noticed that the thread he was participating on JKO was started by Matti (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?19606-Eddie-I-m-gonna-crush-your-jeep-and-your-stupid-ankle-biting-dog!):

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215778

:cheesy:

noroad
09-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Talk about e-thugs and stalkers, I just noticed that the thread he was participating on JKO was started by Matti (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?19606-Eddie-I-m-gonna-crush-your-jeep-and-your-stupid-ankle-biting-dog!):

You mean even the fan boys say the evo bolt on C/O are nice o my!!!:cheesy: I cant wait to install mine when they arrive lol!

JAGS
09-14-2014, 06:31 PM

Just think on the positive side. All this talk of you and Wayalife on the other forums, over and over, is likely having positive impact on your google algorithm results. Like getting unpaid SEO/SEM from these clowns. Lol. 😉😂

- Jason

olram30
09-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Wow, just read that thread. So people hate Eddie so much that evo sucks. All because he runs their products? Talk about immature!

noroad
09-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Wow, just read that thread. So people hate Eddie so much that evo sucks. All because he runs their products? Talk about immature!

Haters gona hate man.

Clem319
09-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I make these lifts in my garage if anyone wants one

wayoflife
09-14-2014, 07:04 PM
I have no buddies at any forums... I have no agenda or loyalties to anyone but myself...

You know, I just wanted to add that for a guy who "talks" so much about "community", you truly are a fine example to learn from. :yup:

NFRs2000NYC
09-14-2014, 07:18 PM
Here is what I always find funny....

The guy claims to like facts and figures....fine. Even if I hated Eddie, the FACT is....if you are a "jeeper" you certainly have seen the WOL videos, particularly the JKX ones...unless you live under a rock.....so, if you have seen those videos, then you have seen, time and time again, how the products he runs (and other rigs like Craigs, Randys, etc) prove themselves, over and over and over. So, if I was one of the haterade sipping trolls hating on Eddie, but liked my facts, then I would see that time and again, Evo products are fantastic.

Now, before you call me an Evo pimp, know that I don't run evo products. Not because I don't like Evo, but because I live in NYC, and have zero use for their stuff. I run an AEV 2.5" lift with rancho shocks and rancho drop brackets. Am I happy with the AEV lift? Not really. I swapped out the stiff bilsteins, ditched their moronic sway bar brackets, and the springs IMHO are a tad stiff (although they handle great.) Is it worth the money? I don't think so, and wished the evo plushrides worked with the AEV 2.5 with drop brackets. The only evo products I run are their skids, and they are fantastic.

olram30
09-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Another reason I dislike metaljoke, and I noticed a lot if their fan boys don't get this. People paid their hard earned money to basically be beta testers for their crap. Their joints seem like junk, had to switch from welded ends to forged ends because they were breaking. Their Eiffel tower for a rear track bar had to be redesigned. Their track bars have fitment issues with aftermarket axles. Their bump stops are a rip off. Their fenders rust quickly. I could probably go on all day.
Not sure exactly what they make that hasn't had any issues.

JAGS
09-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Another reason I dislike metaljoke, and I noticed a lot if their fan boys don't get this. People paid their hard earned money to basically be beta testers for their crap. Their joints seem like junk, had to switch from welded ends to forged ends because they were breaking. Their Eiffel tower for a rear track bar had to be redesigned. Their track bars have fitment issues with aftermarket axles. Their bump stops are a rip off. Their fenders rust quickly. I could probably go on all day.

But their decals are solid... Lol. 😉

- Jason

noroad
09-14-2014, 07:49 PM

Well do you have proof of this i want pics!!! your an :asshat: if you cant show a pic!! hahahaha:cheesy::cheesy:

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Nfrs2000nyc is right about simply watching the videos of jkx, I first saw how the evo products worked while comparing them to every other system out there including air ride setups that only a few (myself included) even know about. And hands down they are if not the best one of the best. Not to mention their customer service is second to none... Go do real research stop crying fanboys and look at the facts... I dare you to point out a single evo product that I own to claim bias...

Sent from my whatchamacallit

olram30
09-14-2014, 07:58 PM
But their decals are solid... Lol. 😉

- Jason

They'll probably peel off first wash... :D
And really this goes for any company, just like teraflex with their tire carrier. Thing could have killed somebody. How people look past this is beyond me.

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 08:01 PM
And really this goes for any company, just like teraflex with their tire carrier. Thing could have killed somebody. How people look past this is beyond me.

Terajunk is the worst their stickers wait till you are going 80-140 mph then peel off and slice things open like a samurai sword!!!! :crazyeyes:

cozdude
09-14-2014, 08:10 PM

Please, ask Eddie one more time for pics regarding post #109 and skip over the part where he says he doesn't have any. I know you payed your first sons collage tuition for your metalcloak lift based off of their great marketing but please go back to your troll home called JKO and stay there.

olram30
09-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Terajunk is the worst their stickers wait till you are going 80-140 mph then peel off and slice things open like a samurai sword!!!! :crazyeyes:

Good going, you just bashed this poor company by making fun of their name. Now grapefeeler or what ever the op name was is going to be very upset.

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Good going, you just bashed this poor company by making fun of their name. Now grapefeeler or what ever the op name was is going to be very upset.

Oh poor gropenfelter

ridg3runner
09-14-2014, 08:19 PM
You stated the ride of the MC lift in the high speed run contributed to other things breaking. To me that's a failure due to the MC system causing stress on other components. I asked to see it because I am generally interested in the system limitations. Is that such a bad thing?

So.. How much is Metalcloak paying these days to defend their product? Must be pretty good if you're going this far out of your way to do it.

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 08:21 PM
So.. How much is Metalcloak paying these days to defend their product? Must be pretty good if you're going this far out of your way to do it.

He prob gets paid in terajunk products for Toyota prius's

jims68
09-14-2014, 08:23 PM
I read that discussion over on the "other forum" and for the life of me why didn't he ,the OP, ask about MC? TREX did a pretty good job of explaining his likes and dislikes of coil over set ups and I bet he would have given the OP of this discussion an appraisal of MC! This should be a hoot fest on why would someone with any coil setup try to outdo a coil over in whoops let alone one that is known to EXCEL in the whoops! And yes Eddie they really do hate you over there. It is hard to pull anything of meaning out of a rant even if they are right!

Oh and I am deeply hurt , butt hurt, by the Metaljoke and other hurtful comments made about what is in the bowls of my jeep! I feel, long pause, VIOLATED! Just kidding! My wife will drive it now and likes it so now I can build another one! If she would of caught me gutting the underside apart I would of been without for a LONG time! She thinks I spend to much time with it already!

It's just funny how in every activity there are these same disagreements. Take my winter activity snowmobiling. Weather it be drags, cross country or hill climbing the internet and in the old days the bar at the lodge there would be these heated to literally rolling around in the snow arguments about who or what was best! Well the alcohol was most likely a factor also. But come the next day it would become usually NOTHING! The other guy wouldn't show or was sick or his sled was sick. And a lot of the time it just became a great day with differing opinions. Schnapps usually helped us sight spectators watch as two ego struck guys battled it out. At the end it was one of three endings. Guy gets ass handed to him and drives off, while updating his Facebook page how he kicked this guys ass, or begs for forgiveness. It's a draw and both agree to disagree. Or there was pure carnage of one or both and everyone helps pick up the pieces. Point being it was pretty petty and pointless day but another great day to be alive and doing a guy thing! Only in America!

JAGS
09-14-2014, 08:23 PM

You know what F u guys. You can't just talk trash about decals like that. I mean this is a forum and your opinion is highly frowned upon. 3M is a big contributor to the offload community so show some respect. If you look at post #1753, you'll see I've demonstrated exactly how in picture form. I'll await your proof. Ha ha. LMAO 😂😂😂

- Jason

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 08:25 PM
You know what F u guys. You can't just talk trash about decals like that. I mean this is a forum and your opinion is highly frowned upon. 3M is a big contributor to the offload community so show some respect. If you look at post #1753, you'll see I've demonstrated exactly how in picture form. I'll await your proof. Ha ha. LMAO 😂😂😂

- Jason

That's it you and me out by the tether ball courts after school!!!! Be there... Or be square!

JAGS
09-14-2014, 08:33 PM
That's it you and me out by the tether ball courts after school!!!! Be there... Or be square!

Ok. Keyboard tough guy. 😉 Just so you know, I'm kind of a big deal on the tether ball court. Most 4th graders fear me. So we doing best 2 out of three?

Let me stretch first. I don't want to pull something. 😂😂😂

- Jason

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Ok. Keyboard tough guy. 😉 Just so you know, I'm kind of a big deal on the tether ball court. Most 4th graders fear me. So we doing best 2 out of three?

Let me stretch first. I don't want to pull something. 😂😂😂

- Jason

That's touch screen tough guy to you! Best 3 out of 5 I'm the 3rd grade champ!

jesse3638
09-14-2014, 09:15 PM
I read his post...

No he just re-taught himself how to take screen shots and is using his new found old skill to its fullest potential..haha.

Hightower
09-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Gripenfleter here is a picture of a :eek: Metaljoke :cheesy: please stop you are giving Bronco fans a bad rep.. :doh:

olram30
09-14-2014, 10:05 PM
You can read between the lines....he was insinuating that I was a metal cloak supporter
Here's a picture for you.. if you can read between the lines..

noroad
09-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Here's a picture for you.. if you can read between the lines..

Why is he number one??? :cheesy:

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Why is he number one??? :cheesy:

Because he might be trolling under another name!

Stalter08Rubi
09-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Because he might be trolling under another name!

Oh what a shocker that would be :crazyeyes:

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Oh what a shocker that would be :crazyeyes:

Totally original!!! Not!

Stalter08Rubi
09-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Totally original!!! Not!

Maybe its like the initiation for another forum to come and try to troll ?:brows:

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Maybe its like the initiation for another forum to come and try to troll ?:brows:

That could be!

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Wow at the pile-on....

Look, I'll just say this.....I apologize if it seemed I was trolling. That was not my intent, and my true intent was to understand what happened. It is my fault, through some preconceived notions of my own I may have picked up in other forums, that I was quick to jump to conclusions.

Again...The thread got derailed from my true intention....good luck to everyone.

JAGS
09-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Wow at the pile-on....

Look, I'll just say this.....I apologize if it seemed I was trolling. That was not my intent, and my true intent was to understand what happened. It is my fault, through some preconceived notions of my own I may have picked up in other forums, that I was quick to jump to conclusions.

Again...The thread got derailed from my true intention....good luck to everyone.

And in typical fashion to earn forum cred over there, you come with a half-assed...but but but, I'm sorry...So you can say how nice you were and we still supported and backed our own members and the forum we choose to hang out in. save it and go back to where you came from.

Sick of liars and others just like you. Go back to the Wayalife thread at the other forum. You'll notice there isn't and will never be a thread about any other forum on here. That's because we're actually open for all regardless if they post elsewhere. But you start bashing this place, there's a large (and getting larger) group willing to defend our friendships.

- Jason

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 11:15 PM
And in typical fashion to earn forum cred over there, you come with a half-assed...but but but, I'm sorry...So you can say how nice you were and we still supported and backed our own members and the forum we choose to hang out in. save it and go back to where you came from.

Sick of liars and others just like you. Go back to the Wayalife thread at the other forum. You'll notice there isn't and will never be a thread about any other forum on here. That's because we're actually open for all regardless if they post elsewhere. But you start bashing this place, there's a large (and getting larger) group willing to defend our friendships.

- Jason

Yeah kick his ass sea bass!

Stalter08Rubi
09-14-2014, 11:22 PM

- Jason

Bam, what he said

gripenfelter
09-14-2014, 11:24 PM

- Jason

Look I'm not trying to earn credit with a forum, you, or anyone in the virtual world. After reading back through this mess, I come to the realization of the part I played so like an adult I owned up to it. You can call me whatever you want, think I'm liar, or whatever it's fine. This is the internet, not the real world, and if text could reveal personalities the outcome would be different.

It's fine...nobody will lose sleep over this, you included I'm sure.

Tigrcky
09-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Look I'm not trying to earn credit with a forum, you, or anyone in the virtual world. After reading back through this mess, I come to the realization of the part I played so like an adult I owned up to it. You can call me whatever you want, think I'm liar, or whatever it's fine. This is the internet, not the real world, and if text could reveal personalities the outcome would be different.

If you mean it then your future posts will reflect it. For now I'd drop it, and be a positive member on here and we all will be nice. But if you are indeed a troll, well we won't be nice :-)

JAGS
09-14-2014, 11:32 PM

Ok, you want benefit of the doubt now???

So who hacked your accounts over there when you talking shit about us? Was that screen grabs just the most awesome fucking photoshop job I've ever seen? If so let me know, because I need to hire olram for some upcoming mktg projects I have in the queue.

You are right, won't lose any sleep over this or any others "hypothetically" just like you.

- Jason

NAUJK
09-15-2014, 04:27 AM
I find it interesting that people will bash on Eddie all the time and everywhere... yet they more than likely have never met him. I did have the pleasure of meeting him, and I find him to be a genuine and honest and very kind individual. Hell he bought us lunch and refused to accept us paying him back!!

I only started running Evo stuff on my rig recently its been almost a year since I put on my first Evo products and I can tell you I love it... But it took me 5 years of owning my rig to do it... and Honestly I regret having to buy stuff twice but I am hell 3 times for the lift. He doesnt PUSH Evo youll find him asking what kind of wheeling the person would be doing and suggesting things to them for what they would be doing.. Not everyone needs Evo stuff and he knows that. I run it now after years of watching others rigs do some crazy shit and how mine was sub par or thats how I felt.

This guy makes me sad to be from Colorado and a Broncos fan... thankfully he says he is from Texas :crazyeyes:
Dude why do you keep saying he said there was damage... he never said that or do you keep forgetting that and cant read or something? I first thought that is what he ment when he mentioned it but then he explained further and you still couldnt grasp what he said.

I do find it amazing as well that people go with what they hear from others and dive right in without even a second thought. It is those kinds of people that are causing other problems in other places. Learn to think for yourself people... I am not even close to the oldest one on this forum but come on some of you older people need to get your heads out of your ass maybe go back to college and learn to critically think for yourself or is thinking for yourself too liberal or hippy or crazy or something these days? I dont follow Eddie blindly I listen to what he has to say then see what others say as well before I make my decision. Eddie wouldnt run a roof rack and yet I want to, I like how it looks and how I can use it for storage and other things... I also have RC products on my rig... Eddie doesnt have any... Seriously though not everyone on this forum does everything Eddie does we like his thoughts and inputs since unlike most of us he has the time and advantage to see more of this stuff in action than those of us that work other jobs that dont let us Jeep all the time.

But I agree with Jags, About this I am done with these people coming on to start a fight even if they think they dont think they are it is getting very old. It makes my generation sad to see the generation older than us act like you do sometimes... be it political or Jeep related here. Grow up go find your Pull-Ups and be a Big Boy Now...

sean112280
09-15-2014, 05:10 AM
I don't run EVO anything on my rig....but that is because they don't make products for the XJ. But look I am still a member here:eek:

DA RUNT
09-15-2014, 05:21 AM
I don't run EVO anything on my rig....but that is because they don't make products for the XJ. But look I am still a member here:eek:

Hmmm, an EVO'd out XJ :daydream:

sean112280
09-15-2014, 05:25 AM
Hmmm, an EVO'd out XJ :daydream:

Would be pretty sweet:rock:

highoctane
09-15-2014, 05:34 AM
I don't know what's going on here but I heard someone said my MetalCloak lift sucks and that it really isn't game changing. I just came here to say I'm butt hurt and the doc hasn't got a thing for a case of the anal aches.

Just kidding. I drive a WK2 Grand Cherokee. Seriously though with the butt hurt? What is the deal lately?

StrizzyChris
09-15-2014, 04:27 PM
I have no agenda or loyalties to anyone but myself, but a I point at this reaction to me as perception proven.

I'm a medical (un)professional and I feel the same way 99% of the time. I give every bald patient an estimated life span of 6months before the cancer takes them....then I find out they are in the ER for a sprained ankle and has male pattern baldness.

It's a battle of perceptions that's nearly cost me my job, but you and I must stay true to our convictions!

I've had some lovely shout outs from some fools over there as well. I will say, however, that the mods over there are pretty tired of the drama being slung back and forth and are calling people out on it. (people coming here just to start shit and clucking like old hens in the salon over there)

I found this all out after an email about my old thread getting a bump from our friend assmints

10frank9
09-15-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm a medical (un)professional and I feel the same way 99% of the time. I give every bald patient an estimated life span of 6months before the cancer takes them....then I find out they are in the ER for a sprained ankle and has male pattern baldness.

It's a battle of perceptions that's nearly cost me my job, but you and I must stay true to our convictions!

I've had some lovely shout outs from some fools over there as well. I will say, however, that the mods over there are pretty tired of the drama being slung back and forth and are calling people out on it. (people coming here just to start shit and clucking like old hens in the salon over there)

I found this all out after an email about my old thread getting a bump from our friend assmints

What do you mean? You don't have 60's/ 40's yet? :idontknow:

StrizzyChris
09-15-2014, 05:02 PM
What do you mean? You don't have 60's/ 40's yet? :idontknow:

Evidently having dreams postponed by life is not allowed :crazyeyes:

I keep telling Kim that buying the house and preparing for the wedding needs to be put on the back burner until my original build plans(prior to us even meeting) are finalized...but for some reason she's not supportive. :idontknow:

10frank9
09-15-2014, 05:05 PM

I keep telling Kim that buying the house and preparing for the wedding needs to be put on the back burner until my original build plans(prior to us even meeting) are finalized...but for some reason she's not supportive. :idontknow:

Sounds to me like you need to take that fancy ring back. Come on now! I mean we ALL know that wheeling and building up our rigs are more important than establishing our careers, family and relationships. :banghead:

StrizzyChris
09-15-2014, 05:21 PM
Sounds to me like you need to take that fancy ring back. Come on now! I mean we ALL know that wheeling and building up our rigs are more important than establishing our careers, family and relationships. :banghead:

The problem is that she doesn't understand why I think something that weighs approx 1oz shouldn't cost as much as two D60's that weigh 1K lbs :grayno:

On a bright note, I just spoke with my CPA and found out that I could take a loan out with Dynatrac and its a tax write off. Something about the correlation of my trauma certification and the likely hood of a roll over at low speeds :wings:

bkac
09-15-2014, 05:23 PM

That should be part of your marriage vows! :thumbup:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac
09-15-2014, 05:25 PM
The problem is that she doesn't understand why I think something that weighs approx 1oz shouldn't cost as much as two D60's that weigh 1K lbs :grayno:

On a bright note, I just spoke with my CPA and found out that I could take a loan out with Dynatrac and its a tax write off. Something about the correlation of my trauma certification and the likely hood of a roll over at low speeds :wings:

How much liquid is required? 100K?

StrizzyChris
09-15-2014, 05:39 PM
How much liquid is required? 100K?

For Kim? She only wants another 1oz to get started on the next step after the wedding(notice a fast tracked life theme here) :broke:

Sharkey
09-15-2014, 05:46 PM
For Kim? She only wants another 1oz to get started on the next step after the wedding(notice a fast tracked life theme here) :broke:

Sounds like you are getting off easy. ;)

I think the mathematical equation works something like this:

Platinum + carats = Dynatrac + EVO + King

bkac
09-15-2014, 05:49 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't sound like PR's are anywhere in her future. Maybe you can do some kind of bartering when the "baby" subject comes up! :thumbup:

I don't think PR's are in my wife's future for me either and I already have 2 kids. Something about a College Fund. That doesn't stop me from continuing to put them on my Christmas list each year. My kids tell me they are too heavy for Santa's sleigh. :banghead:

JAGS
09-15-2014, 06:46 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it doesn't sound like PR's are anywhere in her future. Maybe you can do some kind of bartering when the "baby" subject comes up! :thumbup:

I don't think PR's are in my wife's future for me either and I already have 2 kids. Something about a College Fund. That doesn't stop me from continuing to put them on my Christmas list each year. My kids tell me they are too heavy for Santa's sleigh. :banghead:

Two kids + College fund = enough said.

I feel your pain and am in the same boat. There is also this other equation I see around. Goes something like: Happy Wife = Happy Life??? ;) Still working on the "X" + "Y" = 44/60. If I ever find the solution, I'll be sure to share. :cheesy:

jims68
09-15-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm planing on using the interest off my 100k liquid for the next 8 years to cover my boy's college! Compounding every four years that should at least allow me to spend 15k each year still on a new jeep with goodies and I will write it all off! Damn I didn't see that wall coming! Now I have a headache!

bkac
09-15-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm planing on using the interest off my 100k liquid for the next 8 years to cover my boy's college! Compounding every four years that should at least allow me to spend 15k each year still on a new jeep with goodies and I will write it all off! Damn I didn't see that wall coming! Now I have a headache!

Wow, I think another guy on the forum uses the same accountant. That's a great plan you have right there! :D

jims68
09-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Wow, I think another guy on the forum uses the same accountant. That's a great plan you have right there! :D

Yah and I got this from another guy doing the same thing! As viewed from my rear view mirror what could go wrong!!!!

jims68
09-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Called my CPA this morning to check and he said go ahead! Or was it goat head? Irrelevant so what the hell, what's the worst that could happen?

OK enough, I feel much better now! Back to the real world!

jims68
09-15-2014, 08:37 PM
And if you REALY want to get weird, which some of the people on the forums have been lately, look up or maybe one remembers the Jimmy Castor Bunch and there song Troglodyte (Cave Man). One of my co-workers, after our Monday morning department meeting, played this for us. Now everything makes sense!!

tastethebeast
09-15-2014, 09:20 PM
I find it interesting that people will bash on Eddie all the time and everywhere... yet they more than likely have never met him. I did have the pleasure of meeting him, and I find him to be a genuine and honest and very kind individual. Hell he bought us lunch and refused to accept us paying him back!!

I only started running Evo stuff on my rig recently its been almost a year since I put on my first Evo products and I can tell you I love it... But it took me 5 years of owning my rig to do it... and Honestly I regret having to buy stuff twice but I am hell 3 times for the lift. He doesnt PUSH Evo youll find him asking what kind of wheeling the person would be doing and suggesting things to them for what they would be doing.. Not everyone needs Evo stuff and he knows that. I run it now after years of watching others rigs do some crazy shit and how mine was sub par or thats how I felt.

This guy makes me sad to be from Colorado and a Broncos fan... thankfully he says he is from Texas :crazyeyes:
Dude why do you keep saying he said there was damage... he never said that or do you keep forgetting that and cant read or something? I first thought that is what he ment when he mentioned it but then he explained further and you still couldnt grasp what he said.

I do find it amazing as well that people go with what they hear from others and dive right in without even a second thought. It is those kinds of people that are causing other problems in other places. Learn to think for yourself people... I am not even close to the oldest one on this forum but come on some of you older people need to get your heads out of your ass maybe go back to college and learn to critically think for yourself or is thinking for yourself too liberal or hippy or crazy or something these days? I dont follow Eddie blindly I listen to what he has to say then see what others say as well before I make my decision. Eddie wouldnt run a roof rack and yet I want to, I like how it looks and how I can use it for storage and other things... I also have RC products on my rig... Eddie doesnt have any... Seriously though not everyone on this forum does everything Eddie does we like his thoughts and inputs since unlike most of us he has the time and advantage to see more of this stuff in action than those of us that work other jobs that dont let us Jeep all the time.

But I agree with Jags, About this I am done with these people coming on to start a fight even if they think they dont think they are it is getting very old. It makes my generation sad to see the generation older than us act like you do sometimes... be it political or Jeep related here. Grow up go find your Pull-Ups and be a Big Boy Now...

He's giving all of us Broncos fans a bad name! I grew up in Colorado and lived in Texas for two years and didn't meet anyone like him, so hopefully he is just out of the norm.

catahoula
09-15-2014, 09:36 PM
I got rid of my kids....I can't believe how much money I have now.:)

MR.Ty
09-15-2014, 09:41 PM
I got rid of my kids....I can't believe how much money I have now.:)

This screen shot seems appropriate. :D

Loading please wait....

catahoula
09-15-2014, 09:42 PM
This screen shot seems appropriate. :D

Loading please wait....

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

jims68
09-15-2014, 09:57 PM
I just had a text with LSHMSFOAIDMT and now I'm hungry for a taco! Weird day! I better text my wife and see if the kids are up for a six pak and a pound! Hey I just saved 20 bucks for college over an ordinary meal and maybe if I say "business" I can write off the whole amount and mileage! What's this called, creative accounting?

catahoula
09-15-2014, 11:14 PM
I just had a text with LSHMSFOAIDMT and now I'm hungry for a taco! Weird day! I better text my wife and see if the kids are up for a six pak and a pound! Hey I just saved 20 bucks for college over an ordinary meal and maybe if I say "business" I can write off the whole amount and mileage! What's this called, creative accounting?

Taco John's? Man I miss that. Great when you are ah buzzing!

KingCopperhead
09-15-2014, 11:56 PM
Taco John's? Man I miss that. Great when you are ah buzzing!

I haven't seen a taco Johns since I left South Dakota. Omfg their taco salad was so good. I'd kill for one in NY

cozdude
09-16-2014, 12:10 AM
LSHMSFOAIDMT

ahhhh i love that one! lol

for those that dont know what it says its "I Laughed So Hard My Sombrero Fell Of And I Dropped My Taco" :cheesy:

DA RUNT
09-16-2014, 03:36 AM
ahhhh i love that one! lol

for those that dont know what it says its "I Laughed So Hard My Sombrero Fell Of And I Dropped My Taco" :cheesy:

Thanks cause I was lost on that 1 :doh:

Also, what's liquid money? Is that when your spending is equivalent to flushing money down the toilet? :hmm:

10frank9
09-16-2014, 04:18 AM
I haven't seen a taco Johns since I left South Dakota. Omfg their taco salad was so good. I'd kill for one in NY

I saw a Taco Johns in Nebraska, hadn't heard of it since I'm from So Cal. There is no shortage of Mexican food here. Did I miss out by not hitting Taco Johns before I left? :thinking:

gtony12
09-16-2014, 04:21 AM
All my money is liquid, its in my belly:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30
09-16-2014, 04:24 AM
I saw a Taco Johns in Nebraska, hadn't heard of it since I'm from So Cal. There is no shortage of Mexican food here. Did I miss out by not hitting Taco Johns before I left? :thinking:

They're ok. We got one here. Decent Mexican fast food.

Davwashere
09-16-2014, 05:30 AM
for those that dont know what it says its "I Laughed So Hard My Sombrero Fell Of And I Dropped My Taco" :cheesy:[/QUOTE]

That sheet is hella funny right there!

catahoula
09-16-2014, 08:50 PM

Shit I wish I would have known you were going to Nebraska. I grew up there and could have told you some real great places to eat.

DA RUNT
09-17-2014, 01:55 AM
Page 3 of any thread :crazyeyes:

Tigrcky
09-17-2014, 01:58 AM
Page 3 of any thread :crazyeyes:

Hell most of the time it's page one 3rd post in

Robicon
09-17-2014, 03:02 AM
As a new member and jeep owner, I have to say this was/is a great read. The knowledge passed down… I am new to a Jeep, but not to building a shitty looking rig that will hall ass across the desert until I break it :eek:

Opinions are ok, even if you don’t like it. I can live with that

Getting your ass handed to you - may trigger an odd offence to people sensitive about their ass and who hands it to them. (gay reference just in case to subtle)

MJ is great for going to the mall and car wash, but watch the speed bumps and the woops. (joke, sure its fine for average wheeling)

EVO has proven itself to the core group here, so understandable confidence in it.

Please keep busting balls as I slowly build up my rig, I enjoy the input from a COMMUNITY that isn’t silenced by someone that is butt hurt.

Rob

DA RUNT
09-17-2014, 03:50 AM
As a new member and jeep owner, I have to say this was/is a great read. The knowledge passed down… I am new to a Jeep, but not to building a shitty looking rig that will hall ass across the desert until I break it :eek:

Opinions are ok, even if you don’t like it. I can live with that

Getting your ass handed to you - may trigger an odd offence to people sensitive about their ass and who hands it to them. (gay reference just in case to subtle)

MJ is great for going to the mall and car wash, but watch the speed bumps and the woops. (joke, sure its fine for average wheeling)

EVO has proven itself to the core group here, so understandable confidence in it.

Please keep busting balls as I slowly build up my rig, I enjoy the input from a COMMUNITY that isn’t silenced by someone that is butt hurt.

Rob

Robicon, I have a buddy with that name on his rig

Robicon
09-17-2014, 04:14 AM
Your buddy has a nice rig too! Still working out the handle / rig name and getting closer to something more unique to me.