I need to be more generous

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Last year, there were a group of guys on the forum from the east coast who asked if I could lead them on a run across the Rubicon Trail. And, being that they would be coming from so far away, Cindy and I decided to put our summer plans on the back burner and work around their schedule. To help make things easier for them, we invited them to our home and encouraged them to store their doors and tops there. Of course, after their long drive out, we helped them to inspect and work on their Jeeps in our garage before the run and then again after the run to help ensure they would have a safe trip back home.

Sometime after that fun filled trip, drama on the forum lead to at least one of these guys leaving the forum and I had also found that another had been working on and had started a competing forum. And really, that's all good by me. This is after all America and people are free to do what they please. For months, I hadn't seen or heard from them and certainly, haven't given any of them any thought or should I say, not until now. A couple of days ago, I got the following PM from one of their friends.

GRNHORN said:
Eddie,

Will you be posting the video from the 2015 Rubicon? If not would it be possible to get a copy of the video with the East coasters in it?

Thank you
Scott (GRNHORN)

And, this was my response to him.

wayoflife said:
Would you like it in an editable format including footnotes and creative license or would you prefer it to be in a 3 Blu-ray boxed set complete with directors cut, deleted scenes, outtakes and 3D poster that you can hang up in your bedroom?

Apparently, he didn't appreciate what I had to say and accused me of not being very generous.

GRNHORN said:
So I take that as a no you are not going to make and post the video. I was just hoping that since a group of East Coast WAL members drove across country that you might be generous enough to provide the video.

Thank you
Scott (GRNHORN)

And so, I responded in kind.

wayoflife said:
You're absolutely right. How selfish of me to invite total strangers into my home, help them to work on their Jeeps in my garage and take time out of my busy summer to lead them across the Rubicon Trail. Clearly, the least I can do is drop everything I'm doing and work countless hours making a video of guys who have since started a competing forum. What was I thinking.

Needless to say, this post is being made as a mea culpa. Clearly, I am a selfish bastard and need to learn how to be more generous to others. I share all this with you as a part of my first step in acknowledging my faults and with the hopes of someday becoming a better person.

WJCO

Meme King
I'll take an extra wall poster if you have one. :crazyeyes:

Seriously, we all have blind spots, but for someone to not recognize and respect the time you took to help them out like you did, not cool. Especially then to respond in a way to try and make you feel guilty about it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Wow, some people just don't get it. They have a self entitled attitude and when something doesn't go their way, well, clearly it's not their fault. I could be wrong here, but I really doubt they wanted a copy it just for memories sake.

Exodus 4x4

That was pretty damn awesome of you to do what you did for those guys. It never ceases to amaze me how some people go through this life and just don't get it.

Angry Aussie

Oh my god!! That's insane! How ungrateful can people can be at times is insane. I'm so sorry you had to deal with these a holes. If I was ever able to experience what they did, I would be sending you and Cindy a hand written thank you note every week for an unbelievable experience.

Clearly they we're confused as to who the selfish and ungenerous ones were. What dickheads. Sorry you had to deal with these classless people. Hope it doesn't ruin the chances for others to maybe come visit camp wayalife. I know I sure would like to come out sometime and would be forever grateful for the chance.

NavyJeeper

People never cease to amaze me! After all the stuff that you did for these guys! The thought process that some people is unreal

JAGS

Hooked
Um, what?!?!?

Has Scott not talked to any of those guys since then. That could be perhaps the only, even remotely possible, explanation.

drtnwtr

All I have to say is...unbelievable....
These guys were welcomed with open arms, "literally", and one of them has the balls to ask you for this.
I know sometimes you say that you "just can't make this stuff up", and here is just another example.
Thanks again for all you and Cindy do.

Napalm

Not generous enough to drop everything you are doing and lead them across the Rubicon? Wow.

Extremely disrespectful and almost a slap in the face.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Um, what?!?!?

Has Scott not talked to any of those guys since then. That could be perhaps the only, even remotely possible, explanation.

Scott talks to them everyday so he knows exactly what happened and why they left. Those guys put Scott up to it because he is a follower and they don't have the balls to ask Eddie.

Oh may I add this is the same group of people I called "friends" and then turned around and blamed me for there fuck up. Needless to say I don't talk to these guys anymore

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
At least I get texts to join their new "forum" runs at Rausch creek. [emoji41].

Andddddd politely declined [emoji23]

JAGS

Hooked
Scott talks to them everyday so he knows exactly what happened and why they left. Those guys put Scott up to it because he is a follower and they don't have the balls to ask Eddie.

Oh may I add this is the same group of people I called "friends" and then turned around and blamed me for there fuck up. Needless to say I don't talk to these guys anymore

Well then that is just fucked up!! I was trying to give a thread of benefit of the doubt. And to put someone else up to it. Fucking grow a pair.

I was on this trip and it was beyond amazing to see Eddie in action going out of his way. Gave these guys "free shit." And did some pre flexing to make sure all the rigs were ready after so many road miles.

What sucks even more is all the jump shipper knew damn well before this trip what was happening. Screw that! Bunch of back stabbers.

And how the hell could they blame you....it was there fuck up! You weren't even there.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well then that is just fucked up!! I was trying to give a thread of benefit of the doubt. And to put someone else up to it. Fucking grow a pair.

I was on this trip and it was beyond amazing to see Eddie in action going out of his way. Gave these guys "free shit." And did some pre flexing to make sure all the rigs were ready after so many road miles.

What sucks even more is all the jump shipper knew damn well before this trip what was happening. Screw that! Bunch of back stabbers.

And how the hell could they blame you....it was there fuck up! You weren't even there.

Andrew (noroad) blamed me for not sticking up for him saying he was loyal to Eddie because he joined the NorCal forum. Then Jay (jnabird) starts his own forum on top of that. Andrew will still try and tell people how he built my jeep and how I'm just a dick. Last time I talked to him tho I didn't know he worked for Chrysler and built some of the jeeps in Toledo and assembled my kings, Dynatrac axle, and so forth. Yes he helped me assemble it all but he sure as hell didn't pay for it all and build that stuff.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Eddie, I'm sorry that Andrew (noroad), jay(jnabird), and some of the other guys used you like this. I thought they were better people than this shit but clearly actions speak louder than words.

I will be waiting for me hate texts for these guys later on [emoji23][emoji23]

Jk909

I hope you don't let this discourage you from going on runs with us. I'd pay money to hit he rubicon with you just to experience it the way you guys do.

JAGS

Hooked
Andrew (noroad) blamed me for not sticking up for him saying he was loyal to Eddie because he joined the NorCal forum. Then Jay (jnabird) starts his own forum on top of that. Andrew will still try and tell people how he built my jeep and how I'm just a dick. Last time I talked to him tho I didn't know he worked for Chrysler and built some of the jeeps in Toledo and assembled my kings, Dynatrac axle, and so forth. Yes he helped me assemble it all but he sure as hell didn't pay for it all and build that stuff.

If you need to ask someone to stick up for you, what kind of person are you. Why not just do things that don't require defensing. And Jay, man, talk about backstabber with zero balls. Guy was basically using the trip to take notes. Total dicks!

Those guys did and said everything all out in the open. That's on them, not on anyone else. So I hope they enjoy talking with the same 5-10 people everyday, day after day, forever.

Andrews shit was all fucked up when he got to eddies. I hope he's not building up too many peoples jeeps. Make sure you take a torque wrench to anything he touched on knuckles. [emoji6][emoji106]

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
If you need to ask someone to stick up for you, what kind of person are you. Why not just do things that don't require defensing. And Jay, man, talk about backstabber with zero balls. Guy was basically using the trip to take notes. Total dicks!

Those guys did and said everything all out in the open. That's on them, not on anyone else. So I hope they enjoy talking with the same 5-10 people everyday, day after day, forever.

Andrews shit was all fucked up when he got to eddies. I hope he's not building up too many peoples jeeps. Make sure you take a torque wrench to anything he touched on knuckles. [emoji6][emoji106]

Don't let Steve use a torque wrench on your jeep.... Sorry Steve hahahaha

Top Bottom