I need to be more generous

TwistedJK

Apparently most people these days only care about their own needs. It's a shame, but every person that I've personally met on this forum has been a great help, and some have become good friends. Just my two cents.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
As I've gotten older I've always wondered why seniors are so grumpy. After you've been given the "Brown Helmet" enough times while trying to do good attitudes change. Cindy & Eddie, I think it's your nature to be open, welcoming and generous personally, and with this forum as well. I know you won't change who you fundamentally are because you wouldn't like yourselves.
Those guys and maybe their friends are :asshat:'s and I feel sorry they don't realize it. We already have enough folks like that trying to sneak under the fence.

pop2tu

We are seeing the age of entitlement everyone is intitled to what you have and they don't! It's very unfortunate that they used Eddie and Cindy this way.

Moochie

If you happen to have any video clips of me can you edit them together with some cool background music. A Blu-ray disc would be convenient if possible. Maybe you can add some directors comments to the disc. A SoCal / West coast theme would be a great idea. Please let me know when I should be expecting a finished product. Thanks! :)

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I was there and Eddie opened up his HOME to them. Cooked them dinner after their long drive, drank with them AND helped them fix and adjust their rigs before hitting the trail.

Eddie you are a selfish asshole. Please spend countless hours editing the video for them, leave it free of watermarks or voice over so they can do with it as they see fit.

Respectfully,

GFY

Dubzy

What a shame. Some people are just assholes.

I hope this doesn't mean east coasters are no longer welcome at camp WAL. I truly hope to have the opportunity to come wheel the west coast at some point, but not until my jeep grows up a bit.

72blubyu

WOW! That is messed up, I was talking to one of the guys that went out there for this and was just thinking how awesome it was of Eddie to do this. This is the pay back he gets, that's just wrong.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Wow that's insane.... Could you please paint a wall and make a video for me of it drying. Or of your grass growing.. I know you're not busy...

trailraider

I have one better. I will send all the video I have compiled of my off road trips over the last 20 years. you put them into a video send me the copies.:clap2:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Last year, there were a group of guys on the forum from the east coast who asked if I could lead them on a run across the Rubicon Trail. And, being that they would be coming from so far away, Cindy and I decided to put our summer plans on the back burner and work around their schedule. To help make things easier for them, we invited them to our home and encouraged them to store their doors and tops there. Of course, after their long drive out, we helped them to inspect and work on their Jeeps in our garage before the run and then again after the run to help ensure they would have a safe trip back home.

Sometime after that fun filled trip, drama on the forum lead to at least one of these guys leaving the forum and I had also found that another had been working on and had started a competing forum. And really, that's all good by me. This is after all America and people are free to do what they please. For months, I hadn't seen or heard from them and certainly, haven't given any of them any thought or should I say, not until now. A couple of days ago, I got the following PM from one of their friends.

And, this was my response to him.

Apparently, he didn't appreciate what I had to say and accused me of not being very generous.

And so, I responded in kind.

Needless to say, this post is being made as a mea culpa. Clearly, I am a selfish bastard and need to learn how to be more generous to others. I share all this with you as a part of my first step in acknowledging my faults and with the hopes of someday becoming a better person.

You know, the least you could do is send them what you have on some shitty VHS tape.

WJCO

Meme King
That's some high quality video! It's a shame that my Internet socks so bad as the screen went black and I could only hear sound for about a minute. I'll try to watch it later on better Internet. :cheesy:

That is the video, :cheesy: . That jackass ripped on one of Eddie's videos. We found one of his own youtube videos and he drops the camera mid-way through. And if you didn't catch it, he's running 35s :shock: :eek: .

Top Bottom