Cb install

silverbackjk

I just installed my cobra all in one cb last night with cooltech mounts. It is all static. Do I gave to growing the antenna bracket?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How do you have your stud mount assembled? It should be stud, nylon washer with the step pointing down and through the bracket hole, bracket, spoked washer if you have one and then coax stud going up through it.

silverbackjk

How do you have your stud mount assembled? It should be stud, nylon washer with the step pointing down and through the bracket hole, bracket, spoked washer if you have one and then coax stud going up through it.

That is how I have it I believe

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, assuming you have everything installed right and you're not grounding out, how high do you have your squelch set at?

silverbackjk

Do you have any pictures of how this looks

NOPULP13

I had this problem with my mount also i needed to sand the bottom of the mount where the bolt comes up and through I am using a firestick coax cable with the loop not sure if your using the same but that was my problem sanded alil bit of the powder coat on my mount and got a 0 swr on channel 1 and a 1.2 on channel 40 using a dx19 cobra and a 4 ft firestick with heavy duty spring

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, it depends on the type of coax cable and stud you have. Here are 2 different examples of how to do it right.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371839392.616923.jpg

Top Bottom