Southeast Fall Bash at Windrock ORV October 4-6 2019

bmkrinne

Hangover is guaranteed! I’m leaving early afternoon Sunday. I’m up for wheeling Sunday!

I know it’ll be dusty, but damn I hate mud!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jorgelrod

Hooked
One last addition before Thursday, learned my lesson with the locked alternator...

IMG_6852.jpg

longarmwj

What spare parts is everyone bringing? I’ll have a factory tie rod and front driveshaft with me, plus whatever tools I can find (still sorting those from moving)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
What spare parts is everyone bringing? I’ll have a factory tie rod and front driveshaft with me, plus whatever tools I can find (still sorting those from moving)

I'll be bringing my tools including my Impact wrench just in case. No spares, but will gladly pay for any spare if I get that unlucky.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
We need to nail down the time to hit the trail. IMG_1355.jpg
I’m gonna SUGGEST Saturday morning start meeting at General Store 8:00 and be ready to hit Trails at 8:30.
We will need to split up on trail 16 , it has a pretty tough hill climb at the end. Winch and Lockers recommended. I haven’t checked out everyone’s rig stats that’s attending. Will hit some other trails after we leave 16.

Friday morning I will probably hit 22 and 26 with several connection trails. Really like to roll out about 9:00. After lunch, maybe around 1:00 I could swing back thru General Store parking lot and pick up later arrivals then head to 51 Panther Rock for late afternoon and probably be back after dark.

Make sure to have plenty of gas and trail food. No plans to come out for lunch.
At the General Store they have a vendor that sells breakfast. It’s a small operation so they aren’t fast. Allow time for it.

That will cover the badge trails.

Trail 15 is a short nasty trail that’s close to General Store, I don’t recommend it to start the day. Maybe Sunday morning or Saturday afternoon.

See you guys Friday morning and a few campers Thursday afternoon.

jorgelrod

Hooked
We need to nail down the time to hit the trail. View attachment 335385
I’m gonna SUGGEST Saturday morning start meeting at General Store 8:00 and be ready to hit Trails at 8:30.
We will need to split up on trail 16 , it has a pretty tough hill climb at the end. Winch and Lockers recommended. I haven’t checked out everyone’s rig stats that’s attending. Will hit some other trails after we leave 16.

Friday morning I will probably hit 22 and 26 with several connection trails. Really like to roll out about 9:00. After lunch, maybe around 1:00 I could swing back thru General Store parking lot and pick up later arrivals then head to 51 Panther Rock for late afternoon and probably be back after dark.

Make sure to have plenty of gas and trail food. No plans to come out for lunch.
At the General Store they have a vendor that sells breakfast. It’s a small operation so they aren’t fast. Allow time for it.

That will cover the badge trails.

Trail 15 is a short nasty trail that’s close to General Store, I don’t recommend it to start the day. Maybe Sunday morning or Saturday afternoon.

See you guys Friday morning and a few campers Thursday afternoon.

This is my first time at Windrock so I'll follow everyone's lead, I plan to bring my gopros and my drone to record whenever possible so I might ride third or fourth so I can record everyone on the obstacles. As to time, I'm an early riser, just say the time and I'll be there.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
This is my first time at Windrock so I'll follow everyone's lead, I plan to bring my gopros and my drone to record whenever possible so I might ride third or fourth so I can record everyone on the obstacles. As to time, I'm an early riser, just say the time and I'll be there.

I’m a early riser myself. 4:20 am and sometimes 3:20 depending on work schedule.
I could start trails at daybreak, might not be a popular plan. [emoji41]

Coop

Caught the Bug
Remember to get your trail passes the day before for you and anyone riding in your Jeep if you want to start early. The store doesn’t open till 8 AM and there can be long lines sometimes.
I’ll be ready Friday morning and Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

longarmwj

Remember to get your trail passes the day before for you and anyone riding in your Jeep if you want to start early. The store doesn’t open till 8 AM and there can be long lines sometimes.

I’m planning on getting my pass the moment I get into town

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug

I won't get there until Thursday night around 11pm. I'll be sure to get there early then to get an early spot in line.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jorgelrod

Hooked
I won't get there until Thursday night around 11pm. I'll be sure to get there early then to get an early spot in line.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This will most likely be my case, even driving solo, Google maps says 8 hours so not sure if i'll get there before closing time. If not I'll be there early Thu to be one of the first in line.

BTW, just in case we do have to wait while others have passes already, what channel are we going to be talking on?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I won’t be in til after the general store closes but from what I’ve found it looks like the Shell Fun Food in Oliver Springs sells the permits too. They are open till 11.

I’ll have most tools with me, including impact, and an extra radio if anyone needs one.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
I won’t be in til after the general store closes but from what I’ve found it looks like the Shell Fun Food in Oliver Springs sells the permits too. They are open till 11.

I’ll have most tools with me, including impact, and an extra radio if anyone needs one.

I have got my permit there before. The campground office sells also

longarmwj

Anybody riding in my group will be covered in drinks on the trail. Going by Costco this week to get a pack of water and a 24 pack of Gatorade. Haven’t decided what to get for snacks yet.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Anybody drinks stout? I have a few my wife is not drinking and I don't like them so if someone likes them I'll throw them in the fridge.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I will have tools, air compressor, impact wrench, etc. I’ll have a ditch pig kinetic tow cable and the usual winching accessories plus fluids too. I have a spare new, transfer case cable and plastic clip. My CB died so I’ll have to use the Rugged Radio for comm., as mentioned above we’ll have to select our frequency.

Top Bottom