Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vendors...the good, bad, and ugly of your experiences purchasing with them

Vendors...the good, bad, and ugly of your experiences purchasing with them

Lot of members have purchased product from vendors. This is a thread to let everybody everyone know their experiences. I've had bad ones and good ones. Found out by personal experience. I work hard to make money, to spend on my jeep. I don't want to wait for a month for a product that stated "in stock" and then not get it and to only be refunded.

Some incredible service I have received:

Northridge4x..Awesome! Highly recommend. Awesome customer service and lightining speed delivery!!
    4wheelonline...Again awesome to deal with great customer service and shipping.

Some not so incredible:

Jeepaddons, warn factory outlet...Bad customer service all around, product not available, no returns on emails.

Hopefully, this will help other members/jeepers make a decision when ordering products for their jeep.

Thanks guys!
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Banned
    X2 on Northridge 4x4 always get what I order in 2-3 days!

always have had a good experience from quadratec (yes im a little biased since they are 5 mins from my house), northridge, and of course EVO MFG
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Knows a Thing or Two mikefishes's Avatar
    Northridge 4x4 is not only quick and fair with pricing, but they seem very knowledgable on the phone and have steered my in the right direction on several occasions.

Amazon has fantastic prices at times, and while they are not a 4x4 parts store, they were easily $10 less expensive on my OR-Fab tire carrier that Quadratec.

I've always gotten what I ordered from EVO in a timely manner.

4x4 parts was a nightmare!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefishes View Post
    Northridge 4x4 is not only quick and fair with pricing, but they seem very knowledgable on the phone and have steered my in the right direction on several occasions.

Amazon has fantastic prices at times, and while they are not a 4x4 parts store, they were easily $10 less expensive on my OR-Fab tire carrier that Quadratec.

I've always gotten what I ordered from EVO in a timely manner.

4x4 parts was a nightmare!
    I'd rather pay 10 more dollars at Northridge just because they are awesome! Most of the time I think they match the price not sure though

I usually buy from northridge, and even though I have to pay tax now, it's 1 day shipping for free on orders over $100 on whatever is in stock at the Longmont location for me since it's 90 minutes away. I also by from jeep4x4center since they usually have what northridge didn't.
    08 JK Rubicon ~ Stone White
    AEV 2.5" DualSport XT
    35" Nitto Trail Grappers on KMC Addict Wheels
    Poison Spyder Brawler Lite w/Brawler Bar
    AEV Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier
    Warn Zeon 10s
    Factor55 ProLink and HitchLink
    Rigid 10" LED Bar
    Rigid Dually D2's
    Rigid Diffued Dually's
    Truck-Lite Headlights
    TrekTop NX
    Trek Armor Mesh Top
    SuperChips TrailDash
    Cobra 75
    sPod with OTRATTW Switch Covers

Banned
    I also do 4wheelparts so small stuff since they are 10 min away!

I buy some recovery gear because they usually have good deals on stuff like that.

-
    Off road elements is all I've dealt with. They have great prices, quick shipping and will answer any questions you have same day. I have gotten my lift, wheels, sliders, procal, y pipe, tire carrier, hi lift, etc from them and have nothing but great things to say about them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Been Around the Block 1yellowjk's Avatar
    Bossier City, Louisianna by-way-of Oklahoma!
    THE GOOD

Morris 4x4---good prices, gave military discount and quick service
    Discount Tire Direct Online---f'n OUTSTANDING! Great prices, quick service and outstanding customer service, free shipping on 5 rims and tires.
    4 Wheel Parts---Good service, matched prices
    Amazon---the bomb!
    Synergy---nice folks easy to deal with, got my ball joints to me quick.
    Superlift---Gave my old club 50% off anything for 2 weeks because they missed shipping some promo stuff to one of our runs...NICE folks.

THE BAD

Rough Country---bad customer support, website didn't show out of stock, no one was helpful...NO ONE!

THE UGLY
    JC Whitney---items listed wrong on website, wouldn't fix, customer service didn't know how to help, took way to long to get money back.
    Body Armor---Customer service was rude, wouldn't ship missing part, wouldn't return emails after a week or so....they suck!!!!!
    Last edited by 1yellowjk; 10-08-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    Dale
    1999 XJ- Lockers, Winch, 33's, 4.5" vert, and some cool dents/welds.
    2012 JK Sport (sold)
    2008 JK Unlimited (sold)
    1992 YJ (sold)

My Jeeps
    http://wayalife.com/album.php?albumid=137

Quadratec - Good quality products, okay customer service and very efficient return policy on ANYTHING that is defective. I didnt even have to leave my house to return a hitch and a new one was on its way before I even hung up the phone.

Right Channel Radios - Awesome all around. Can't beat 'em for CB stuff. Seriously.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast