Vendors...the good, bad, and ugly of your experiences purchasing with them

Yeahright

I hear what you're saying, but am still confused at what exactly your friend was expecting from Rebel. What exactly did your friend's shop want to sell that Rebel makes? Aside from a few small accessory parts like grab handles and HID light kits, Rebel is mostly a dealer of other company's products and are an install shop.

Wouldn't your friend be better off approaching the actual manufacturers (if he hasn't already) rather than an existing dealer? He'd be able to make much more of a profit by dealing with the manufacturers directly, agreed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have another friend that goes over once or twice a year and gets a container filled from 4 Wheel Parts and sends it over, that way he only has to pays the tax on the one container rather than from each shipment, from different manufactures and that way he can get whatever the vendor has on their website, making it easier and cheaper for him and easier for the customer because they can look at the one website.

StrizzyChris

Some companies want a good handle on their "brand". For that reason, I can't blame them for not wanting to enter into a market that they have no control over the way their product will be marketed and the handling of customer support of the products and so far away. They may also not have the production capacity for another market yet. All things to consider on their behalf.

Yeahright

Yes you are correct they are all good things to consider and, what it all boils down to was the reaction of the staff member, I felt that a more informative and thaught out response would have been given, possibly outlining what some of what you guys have said, dont get me wrong, I have bought items off them and will continue to, but for the sake of the original post I thought I would tell the story, and the reason for my friend approaching them is because we felt they have good products and in the past the dealings have been really good.
I may have written too much in my original post but I wanted to be informatitive of the situation so I would not get people saying that I was having a go at them for the no reason. And the only reason was the response given.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Rebel actually produces quite a bit. Although they don't design any of it, just take other people's ideas.

Lmao. Yes then there's this. Oh and can I can I please have them take my stickers off and place ROR stickers on my rig without my consent? Thank you.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Needed to replace a tire due to sidewall damage. Ordered from Discount Tire and took advantage of their warranty. Very quick delivery. Very happy! I know where I will be ordering my next set!:thumb:

In5ane1

Good:

Rough Country - Outstanding customer service and expertise! They don't try to sell you more than you need. Also I received 2 Dr springs once when I ordered 4 Dr springs. They shipped me right springs overnight and told me to keep and resale the 2 Dr springs. A + in my book!

Amazon - awesome prices and get product quick using prime shipping

Jeephut - customer service second to none. Great prices and quick shipping!

Teraflex - Great product and service! Got leveling kit from these guys.

Undecided:

4wheelparts - To be fair they had best prices on wheels. But their customer service rep was a real jerk and seemed to not care if I ordered from them or not. This is my only dealing with them so jury is still out.

Superlift - wasn't satisfied with experience. Product was good (budget boost). Any issues I had they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GTMOSCUBA

There's also ORW in San Diego, I've had excellent service & John offers web/online discounts to forum members! The biggest pro for me is they ship to FPO AE military addresses. I had chance to meet John at ORW a few months ago while in town & he was a great guy, gave me a tour of their shop, overall impressed with their customer service & products they sell.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There's also ORW in San Diego, I've had excellent service & John offers web/online discounts to forum members! The biggest pro for me is they ship to FPO AE military addresses. I had chance to meet John at ORW a few months ago while in town & he was a great guy, gave me a tour of their shop, overall impressed with their customer service & products they sell.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

There is 3 locations. Who's John?

mjbjw

Orw in Kearny Mesa....off Balboa and the 15....ask for Jared..awesome fellow jeeper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So, woke up this morning to warm up my Jeep, looked over at my wife's commander and sure enough, flat tire. I changed it in the 30 degree weather, lots of fun. She takes it over to Discount tire to see how much a replacement was going to be, they replaced it for free because we bought my Jeep tires from them. Win! Another great experience with discount tire!! :thumb:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So, woke up this morning to warm up my Jeep, looked over at my wife's commander and sure enough, flat tire. I changed it in the 30 degree weather, lots of fun. She takes it over to Discount tire to see how much a replacement was going to be, they replaced it for free because we bought my Jeep tires from them. Win! Another great experience with discount tire!! :thumb:

WTF! Boy do I feel stupid! There is a Discount Tire in Columbia? Man, I ordered my tire online with warranty. Geez...Google is your friend.

1yellowjk

Good:

Rough Country - ...Also I received 2 Dr springs once when I ordered 4 Dr springs. They shipped me right springs overnight and told me to keep and resale the 2 Dr springs. A + in my book!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Probably because they knew their springs are TRASH and you would need the money to get real springs in 6 months.

Can you tell I HATE Rough Country?:eek:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Well, just wanted to relay the experiences I had with 2 companies recently. Northridge 4X4 was absolutely awesome! They answered all the questions I had over several phone calls. They were never rushed, and if there was something they could not answer off hand, they were quick to get an answer and get back with me. I placed an order with them on Tuesday of this week and the first three boxes of stuff already showed up to my doorstep! Great deals and a very knowledgeable staff! Thanks Northridge!!!
Second was Full Metal Fabworks. I spoke several times with the owner about several of their products and again, received wonderful customer service! They were willing to modify their existing products to satisfy my needs if need be, weighed stuff for me and even followed up with me after hours to ensure I got the answers to my questions. I placed an order with them this week and they are fabbing up a bumper for me now. I look forward to receiving it in a few weeks!

Wethy

sorry to bump this thread but i've noticed northridge4x4.ca is up here in canada and i was wondering if anyone from canada has used them im sure they're as good as down south but was wondering about what anyones experiences are as far as shipping, and customer service. here in ontario where i live theres not much choice for jeep lift kits and what not, (everyone sells readylift or rough country) and i see they have teraflex rock krawler and the prices look good too. if anyone has any experience with them feel free to let me know!

Top Bottom