Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

Unhappy LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

As I'm sure most of you know, there was never any question that Cindy and I would buy an all new Jeep Gladiator. It literally is a truck that we've been wanting ever since Jeep stopped making trucks and every time Jeep teased us with a concept, we always said we would buy it if it ever got made. Well, here it is at long last and as if you can believe it, we STILL don't have ours.

Hoping to be one of the first to get their hands on a Gladiator, I tried talking to all the right people I knew and was even able to get a list of ones that were built and being shipped to dealerships all around the country and very early on. Unfortunately, most were already sold or were being marked up $10k or more over MSRP. Needless to say, we decided to do the next best thing and that was to order a Launch Edition Gladiator - you know, because they would be made first, right? WRONG! In spite of the fact that every single one of the 4,019 Launch Edition Gladiators being made were sold on 04/04/19, ours is still nowhere to be seen. Yup, it's literally been over 3 months now and I still can't get any confirmation as to when we might get ours. We've been trying to be patient and understanding but honestly, the whole thing really sucks. Had I known the "Launch Edition" was just marketing and NOT actually the first Gladiators being made as their special name implies, I would have just ordered up a Sport like we had originally planned. I won't lie, I'm actually really pretty disappointed in Jeep for not making this more clear.

I was really hoping that the first official post I made about our Gladiator would be one with pics of it in our driveway and with keys in hand. Being that I can't get anyone to tell me when it'll come in, it's starting to look more and more like it'll be sometime next year before we see it.

Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn.
    error-404-found-glitch-effect_8024-4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    As I'm sure most of you know, there was never any question that Cindy and I would buy an all new Jeep Gladiator. It literally is a truck that we've been wanting ever since Jeep stopped making trucks and every time Jeep teased us with a concept, we always said we would buy it if it ever got made. Well, here it is at long last and as if you can believe it, we STILL don't have ours.

Hoping to be one of the first to get their hands on a Gladiator, I tried talking to all the right people I knew and was even able to get a list of ones that were built and being shipped to dealerships all around the country and very early on. Unfortunately, most were already sold or were being marked up $10k or more over MSRP. Needless to say, we decided to do the next best thing and that was to order a Launch Edition Gladiator - you know, because they would be made first, right? WRONG! In spite of the fact that every single one of the 4,019 Launch Edition Gladiators being made were sold on 04/04/19, ours is still nowhere to be seen. Yup, it's literally been over 3 months now and I still can't get any confirmation as to when we might get ours. We've been trying to be patient and understanding but honestly, the whole thing really sucks. Had I known the "Launch Edition" was just marketing and NOT actually the first Gladiators being made as their special name implies, I would have just ordered up a Sport like we had originally planned. I won't lie, I'm actually really pretty disappointed in Jeep for not making this more clear.

I was really hoping that the first official post I made about our Gladiator would be one with pics of it in our driveway and with keys in hand. Being that I can't get anyone to tell me when it'll come in, it's starting to look more and more like it'll be sometime next year before we see it.

Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn.
    error-404-found-glitch-effect_8024-4.jpg
    That’s a load of shit! It would be nice if you could cancel your order at this rate and just buy a sport from your dealer and get it over with.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

yes...this sucks. I don't know a single person who is more enamored with the Jeep brand than you two...Jeep is definitely doing you guys wrong...

Knows a Thing or Two elgordomucho's Avatar
    If anything you guys getting one first would sell more!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That really sucks

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry to hear this. It really sucks the way Jeep did a 'bait and switch' with the Launch Editions.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    That’s a load of shit! It would be nice if you could cancel your order at this rate and just buy a sport from your dealer and get it over with.
    We put a deposit at a dealership in Idaho. I asked if they had anything else coming in that we could buy instead but was told that our LE was ahead of anything else they had coming. I keep looking at my local dealership and anything closer but either they don't have anything or don't have one in white like what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    yes...this sucks. I don't know a single person who is more enamored with the Jeep brand than you two...Jeep is definitely doing you guys wrong...
    Clearly, I don't know the right people at Jeep or maybe more importantly, they couldn't give a shit as to who I am

Quote Originally Posted by elgordomucho View Post
    If anything you guys getting one first would sell more!!
    I have a feeling they aren't having problems selling Gladiators. Certainly, some of the mark ups I've seen would indicate they can't keep them on the lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale72 View Post
    That really sucks
    I suppose I should be used to this by now. Took almost 4 months to get our JL that we ordered right when the books opened up and our JK before took over 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Sorry to hear this. It really sucks the way Jeep did a 'bait and switch' with the Launch Editions.
    I guess they never said they would be the first to be made first but then, they never said they wouldn't be. If they had just called it a "Special Edition", I might be more understanding but the "Launch" part and how they hyped it up sure made it sound like people who paid the premium for them would be getting them first. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a bitch because my patience has worn out.

I think you need to name the Gladiator Brian when you get it, after Brian Wilson and his Beach Boys song, "I'm Waiting for the Day"
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    To me the word “launch” sums it up pretty good that these would be the first to hit the ground. And yet that’s clearly not the case. Jeep fucked up here. And I have a feeling they are gonna catch some shit for a long time as a result. Not cool.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast