LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Better yet name your JT Apollo after Apollo 1 failed to launch into orbit

LOL - I dunno about that one. I'm still hoping to get one :crazyeyes:

Yeah man, I say this was a pretty shitty thing to do on Jeeps part. I also can’t believe there isn’t a sport available locally you could pick up. The dealers around us haven’t been marking them up (so far as I know) and seem to have a consistent delivery. I haven’t spent much time looking at the Rubicons but honestly, I don’t see too much about them I’d deem special enough to go through this.

There really isn't anything available locally. The couple that came into my dealership sold right away and neither of them were white. There are some in California but there's no way I'm buying anything from there. I could go to Vegas but they all want too much money and it's a drive. I chose to buy one in Idaho because you can get really good deals there. If the LE we ordered ever comes in, we will be able to get it for less than invoice. It's been a big part of why we've been holding out for so long but now, my patience is wearing thin.

Like you, I really don't see enough special about a Rubicon to need it. I was just thinking getting an LE would help me to get one sooner. So much for that.

benatc1

Hooked
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Maybe they meant to call it "lunch" edition as in, everyone went out to lunch instead of making Gladiators. :rolleyes2:

They sure got me with it being called "launch". Great marketing on their behalf and I'm sure it's what helped to get every single one sold in just one day. Maybe the 419 actually stands for how many days it takes to make one.
Haha autocorrect strikes again!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
That sucks. Nothing more frustrating that seeing JTs running around While you are still waiting on yours.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

boardsurfer

Crappy situation all around. Having zero communication as to it's ETA is a real shitty thing to do. 3 months! :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That sucks. Nothing more frustrating that seeing JTs running around While you are still waiting on yours.

What's frustrating is that I was originally told that Rubicons were pretty much the only thing that were going to be made right off the bat. It's a big part of why we decided to get a Launch Edition. Needless to say, I know lots of people with Sports who not only have them in hand but already have them built up. :rolleyes2:

Crappy situation all around. Having zero communication as to it's ETA is a real shitty thing to do. 3 months! :grayno:

3 months and counting. NOBODY can give me a date as to when I'll get it.

There is a white sport s and a white overland edition at my local dealership in MT if you wanna make a drive up.

Unfortunately, that's a bit too much of a drive and I don't know if I can get my "non-refundable" deposit back.

desertrunner

What's frustrating is that I was originally told that Rubicons were pretty much the only thing that were going to be made right off the bat. It's a big part of why we decided to get a Launch Edition. Needless to say, I know lots of people with Sports who not only have them in hand but already have them built up. :rolleyes2:

3 months and counting. NOBODY can give me a date as to when I'll get it.

Unfortunately, that's a bit too much of a drive and I don't know if I can get my "non-refundable" deposit back.
Shoot they even have a white Rubicon on the lot I saw today too might be worth the drive out haha. Hell when I was looking for my gecko 2dr I ended up taking a 1 way flight to buy it and drive it 2 days home.

Not sure how much your deposit was but last time I put a deposit down on an order it was only $500 so negotiate that much less off the different one and boom net even haha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
A friend of mine ordered a LE as well. The last I talked to him he said he was told maybe August. I think he’s a little annoyed s well.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I was in San Diego yesterday they had a sport listed at 54k and another one can’t remember the name but I would call it a Sahara at 64k and the rubicon didn’t even have a price. Mark up on the first two was 10k I think I’ll be waiting for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
We put a deposit at a dealership in Idaho. I asked if they had anything else coming in that we could buy instead but was told that our LE was ahead of anything else they had coming. I keep looking at my local dealership and anything closer but either they don't have anything or don't have one in white like what we want. :rolleyes2:

Clearly, I don't know the right people at Jeep or maybe more importantly, they couldn't give a shit as to who I am :crazyeyes:

That really sucks. I know its CA but Victorville Motors had a white sport 3 weeks ago when we were picking up our work truck. I didn't stop to see what if any markup there was but they were parking it right out front as I was leaving. I'd be just as frustrated.

When the 2012 JK's were coming out I tried to order one early on, but was told the ordering system was closed. After a few months the salesman I was working with called me and said they could submit the order but who knows when the system would open. I did this in Nov of 2011 and the dealership said they'd call once they were notified it went into production. I received a random phone call (after numerous times of trying to check the status online) in January from the salesman to let me know it was ready to be picked up. He was just as surprised as I was it was there and ready..haha.

Last edited:

desertrunner

I was in San Diego yesterday they had a sport listed at 54k and another one can’t remember the name but I would call it a Sahara at 64k and the rubicon didn’t even have a price. Mark up on the first two was 10k I think I’ll be waiting for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Damn really!? The 2 sports on the lot here are 43 and 46 the overland is 52. Didn't see a price on the Rubicon though

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

RCVRY

To Eddie’s point: Launch Edition means first to hit the street. I would ask Jeep for their definition of “launch” and publicize their response (I’m sure the lawyers have drawn a statement).

On another note; I looked in my area and no Sport models are available. And looking through what was available I’m under the same impression: they’re fugly trucks. Just sayin. Really not liking the style and wished they’d built more of a IH front end. Needed to be more old school or at least independent of the JL.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Really not liking the style and wished they’d built more of a IH front end. Needed to be more old school or at least independent of the JL.

Of all vehicles to possibly gather styling queues or influence from you pick international harvestor? [emoji23]

Possibly the ugliest vehicle manufacturer to date.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Of all vehicles to possibly gather styling queues or influence from you pick international harvestor? [emoji23]

But so ugly they looked good. Scouts still on my bucket list. My wife thinks I’m nuts

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

RCVRY

[emoji38]My point exactly.

But the JT might grow on me, eventually. I remember the first time I saw a JK 4-door and thinking “WTF?” Of course that was from the front seat of my YJ (I may have returned that wave with the bird). And I also remember the first time I saw square headlights on a YJ. Didn’t like them either but loved my ‘95 until I couldn’t keep up with it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom