LAUNCH EDITION Gladiator - 3 Months and STILL WAITING on Peterson Jeep in Idaho

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sorry to hear about the load of shit that Jeep is pulling.... hopefully it will be sooner than later that you will hear back that your Jeep is either being made or getting shipped to you guys!

RyanHanley

There’s been a couple white rubicons I’ve seen at dealerships in Colorado of course not exactly what you want but it’s here and they’ve been there for a while now

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I'm sorry to hear that, for what you guys do for the brand they should have been better to you. If it means anything its worth the wait and I can't wait to see what you guys do to yours when you get it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A friend of mine ordered a LE as well. The last I talked to him he said he was told maybe August. I think he’s a little annoyed s well.

Well, glad to at least know that I'm not the only one. :rolleyes2:

I was in San Diego yesterday they had a sport listed at 54k and another one can’t remember the name but I would call it a Sahara at 64k and the rubicon didn’t even have a price. Mark up on the first two was 10k I think I’ll be waiting for awhile.

Yup, the mark up I've been seeing is unreal. No way I'm paying it so I guess I'm stuck waiting. :rolleyes2:

That really sucks. I know its CA but Victorville Motors had a white sport 3 weeks ago when we were picking up our work truck. I didn't stop to see what if any markup there was but they were parking it right out front as I was leaving. I'd be just as frustrated.

When the 2012 JK's were coming out I tried to order one early on, but was told the ordering system was closed. After a few months the salesman I was working with called me and said they could submit the order but who knows when the system would open. I did this in Nov of 2012 and the dealership said they'd call once they were notified it went into production. I received a random phone call (after numerous times of trying to check the status online) in January from the salesman to let me know it was ready to be picked up. He was just as surprised as I was it was there and ready..haha.

We bought Rubicat from there and they were good to us.

Wow that sucks on so many levels. I really hope you get it soon, you know how much we all enjoy the Wayalife build videos!

Thanks! Here's to hoping.

Sorry to hear about the load of shit that Jeep is pulling.... hopefully it will be sooner than later that you will hear back that your Jeep is either being made or getting shipped to you guys!

Last I heard, it was built back on the 26th of last month but I can't verify that. If it really is, I know for a fact that it still hasn't shipped. :rolleyes2:

I'm sorry to hear that, for what you guys do for the brand they should have been better to you. If it means anything its worth the wait and I can't wait to see what you guys do to yours when you get it!

Yeah, I don't think the guys at Jeep even know who we are. At least, not outside of engineering. Hoping to get it soon though and so that we can share what we do with it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Plot twist.. they’re making you wait this long because you won the video contest and the 100K :crazyeyes:

If only. Some disabled guy won it go figure.

Well shit.. no reason to wait for that damned LE then..

What OverlanderJK said. There was no way we could win against a guy who's disabled.

Biggest reason to wait is because I'll most likely get the LE sooner than if I start over again. Also, I won't have to pay a huge mark up or lose my $1k deposit.

MericaMade

What OverlanderJK said. There was no way we could win against a guy who's disabled.

Biggest reason to wait is because I'll most likely get the LE sooner than if I start over again. Also, I won't have to pay a huge mark up or lose my $1k deposit.

Could you just negation the 1000 dollar loss off with another dealership. I mean if you get a 1000 off price its a wash I would think. Sorry if I missed your answer, but why not buy from a dealer in socal? I see the dealer I bought my JK from has a white sport on the lot for 46,405 and a white Rubi for 54,520. Are those marked up?

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Guess for now, our Gladiator continues to remain elusive unicorn.

Sorry to read this! I was going to ask you about it a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t want to add fuel. The two dealerships near me have a few each and they are advertising them at invoice (about $3,500 below sticker). No white sports though, just 4 Rubicons and two Overlanders. I hope you get a call soon, because I want to watch your build!

jesse3638

Hooked
To Eddie’s point: Launch Edition means first to hit the street. I would ask Jeep for their definition of “launch” and publicize their response (I’m sure the lawyers have drawn a statement).

On another note; I looked in my area and no Sport models are available. And looking through what was available I’m under the same impression: they’re fugly trucks. Just sayin. Really not liking the style and wished they’d built more of a IH front end. Needed to be more old school or at least independent of the JL.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Of all vehicles to possibly gather styling queues or influence from you pick international harvestor? [emoji23]

Possibly the ugliest vehicle manufacturer to date.

I wish Jeep would have taken some styling cues from other vehicle lines (Mustang, Challenger) and restyled it to more resemble the original gladiator, not just a JL with a bed. I do understand from a tooling point this would have cost more bu tit would have made it much better IMO.

We bought Rubicat from there and they were good to us.

I didn't know that. I've bought two vehicles from there now as they have always been good. Not to mention they never gave me grief for warranty repairs due to mods.

If the dealer gives an additional grand off to compensate for the deposit then it would be a wash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Or you can still negotiate with the dealer that has the deposit and not throw money away.
Either way. This sucks but it’s nothing new unfortunately. Jeep does this every time with a new model rolling out.

dillard09

Sorry to hear about the wait. I know that's hard. I had to wait 5 months on my truck and it sucked! Seen a Launch Edition the other day and it was pretty sweet. Will be worth the wait.

Top Bottom