wschilawski's JKU Build

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Great pics. I lived in the U.P. for 12 years, 2 of those was in Kingsford (Iron Mtn). Wish I had the Jeep when I lived up there :)

wschilawski

Great pics. I lived in the U.P. for 12 years, 2 of those was in Kingsford (Iron Mtn). Wish I had the Jeep when I lived up there :)

Michigan has a well established trail system which is great! I just wish Wisconsin could have something similar. I know WHOVA has been working on this for over a decade with little results.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Michigan has a well established trail system which is great! I just wish Wisconsin could have something similar. I know WHOVA has been working on this for over a decade with little results.

I used to meet SO many people from Green Bay/Appleton area in the winter because everyone flocked to the U.P. during the weekends to snowmobile. I was always wondered why they did that :crazyeyes:

I'll actually be coming up Mother's Day weekend to visit my grandmother. I'm planning on taking the Jeep to get a little trail time in.

wschilawski

Just picked up Double Deuce from Exhaust Pros in Green Bay - they welded up some of the exhaust were it was leaking and redid some of the hangers. Originally I had the Dynomax exhaust that dumped right after the passenger seat. I then added the tail section of the MBRP system with a Flowmaster Super44. After 6 months of driving, I had a good amount of noise. Long story, I know, now there are no leaks, squeaks, or creaks.

They also found that there were two leaks at the manifold so they replaced some hardware up there too; sounds great now! :rock:

I have a few goodies coming in the mail in the upcoming weeks - seat covers, EVO mini fender liners, and some new Wild Boar grab handles. :eek:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Fixed hard grab handles were the best thing I ever put in my Jeep... lol. Makes getting in and out so much easier. And they came on my RH cage, so that's a plus!

wschilawski

Fixed hard grab handles were the best thing I ever put in my Jeep... lol. Makes getting in and out so much easier. And they came on my RH cage, so that's a plus!

I love the quality of the MasterCraft handles I have now, but I just don't use them to get in and out, and rarely out on any trails. Whenever I'm getting into the vehicle, I'm always grabbing the steering wheel. I figured I'd try out the Wild Boars.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love the quality of the MasterCraft handles I have now, but I just don't use them to get in and out, and rarely out on any trails. Whenever I'm getting into the vehicle, I'm always grabbing the steering wheel. I figured I'd try out the Wild Boars.

Have you looked at Grabars? Might be a good option too.

RedGrabars2-625x420.jpg

https://grabarsusa.com/Jeep-JK-GraBars-Solid-Steel-Handles

wschilawski

Front grab bars installed - they work great!

IMG_2617.jpg

Got the front seat covers installed last night, ran out of daylight so I'll put the rear in after work today. Man, these are incredible!

IMG_2627.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

adamsnewone

I have the wild boars too. This is my third jeep. I had grabars on the last two. I know they're knockoffs, but for a third of the price, I figured what the hell. I'll try them out. They work just as good as the original. Now I have more money for other upgrades.

wschilawski

What a crazy past few weeks it has been! First of all, I'd like to introduce a future WAYALIFE member, Dylan Grey! He took his first Jeep ride last week when after being discharged from the hospital. The nurse said that I had the coolest discharge vehicle she's ever seen! :clap2:

IMG_2753.jpg

I'm loving the front handles so much that I ordered a set for the rear. The first set came in with a textured paint - I returned those and they replaced with the correct finish.

IMG_2764.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom