$1000 Per Photo Fine!! That's what the U.S. Forest Service wants to Charge YOU

Ddays

Hooked
This thread is mind-boggling. It reads like something you'd expect from fucking North Korea :crazyeyes:

RioGrandeJK

I think the actual intent of the rule was being misconstrued. For a business or person to take photos that would be used for adds or promotional purposes, such as advertisements or even an IG account that is promotional they would need to secure a permit from USFS or NPS. If they choose not to and still take promotional photos in federally managed parks or forests they could be fined. The use of candid, not staged photos for uses other than financial gain should be fine. The idea of this rule is to preserve the scenic and environmental quality of a place and to prevent it from over use. My wife worked for NPS in DC at the time this rule came out and we have discussed the intent of the rule from their perspective and I think I have a good grasp of it. I'm no expert at rule writing but this is my take on the rule.

Also it's "Smokey Bear" not "Smokey THE Bear"

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
That’s the stupidest thing iv ever heard. Wow! They have nothing better to do then to fine someone for taking a picture and admiring the beauty God created. It’s all about money for them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
I wonder what the process and fee for the permit is? It's basically a commercial use fee and kind of makes sense.

Otherwise you'd have film crews popping up all over the national parks and preventing "tourist" from being able to fully admire.

JAGS

Hooked
Ansel Adams just rolled over in his grave

Most of his works were commissioned. Not like he was a common citizen just roaming all over and without permission, permits, contracts to photograph.

Back in late 2015, the national park service was hiring for "the next ansel adams" for commissioned photography.

jeeeep

Hooked
Most of his works were commissioned. Not like he was a common citizen just roaming all over and without permission, permits, contracts to photograph.

Back in late 2015, the national park service was hiring for "the next ansel adams" for commissioned photography.

I know they were commissioned, I was referring him in relation to the photographers he inspired that just want to photograph nature for themselves and use higher end equipment.

I don't think he would agree with the national parks imposing fees on non-commercial work because he was very critical of how the national parks were being managed.

But then again, he was a conservationist so maybe the fee idea would make him smile knowing it may control the number of cars/visitors to the parks.

Screw it, he was a bad example :doh:

I've actually known about this new $1000 fine that the U.S. Forest Service wants to slap people with but, up until recently, it had always been my understanding that it was intended for businesses such as advertising agencies or TV shows. Apparently, this is now a fine that the feds want to enforce on journalists and quite possibly, YOU!

Oopss...I shouldn't have posted this...I'm now a wanted man...LOL...Just stupid but of course we are talking politicians here....:furious3:

Attachments

• 20170502_163027.jpg
    20170502_163027.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom