12' Gecko Build

I agree that as much backspacing as possible will look the best on a Wrangler, but I don't think that looks like too much; it looks good đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Yeah I know I think just a little bit skinnier would look better I wish they could make like 3/4" or 1" spacers but once I but up and get bead locks it will be right where I want it

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm pretty sure Veruge*144 found an American company that makes a quality 1" spacer. He actually ordered a set, maybe he can give some more info when he sees this thread...

I'm pretty sure Veruge*144 found an American company that makes a quality 1" spacer. He actually ordered a set, maybe he can give some more info when he sees this thread...

Yup, here’s the website. It’s not loading up at the moment for some reason.
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/bora.html

I ordered 1” spacers, something got mixed up and I received 1.5” [emoji849]. The new ones are being made right now, I think takes about 10 days. They feel quality and have some fat hub rings. They are called BORA spacers and are Made in [emoji631]

Yup, here’s the website. It’s not loading up at the moment for some reason.
http://www.motorsport-tech.com/bora.html

I ordered 1” spacers, something got mixed up and I received 1.5” [emoji849]. The new ones are being made right now, I think takes about 10 days. They feel quality and have some fat hub rings. They are called BORA spacers and are Made in [emoji631]
Interesting. You gonna shave the factory wheel studs?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I might have to. I bought them to use for the AEV wheels, which had slots on the back. Those wheels went back, the new wheels might not have the slots so I might end up cutting the factory studs.
View attachment 304790

Interesting. You gonna shave the factory wheel studs?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Interesting, yeah I figured they didn't make them less than 1.5" because they don't cover the stock studs. If it is required to shave the stock studs to make a 1" spacer fit I would not put those on i would rather just save up for new wheels. I'm not so heart set on these wheels to shave off the studs. I guess later you could just add new wheel bearings but still not something I'd want to do

Interesting, yeah I figured they didn't make them less than 1.5" because they don't cover the stock studs. If it is required to shave the stock studs to make a 1" spacer fit I would not put those on i would rather just save up for new wheels. I'm not so heart set on these wheels to shave off the studs. I guess later you could just add new wheel bearings but still not something I'd want to do

I’ll let you know what I decide when my new wheels come in.

Well last night I re installed my front bump stops and made a toe adjustment and took it for the first ride on the highway with all the new work done to it, and I must say I'm quite impressed. Handles like a dream at 70 I could let go of the steering wheel and it is straight as an arrow. I did get some sence of vibration at 80 kinda similar to the vibes I was feeling previously on 33s but honestly I don't plan on driving it that fast anyway. But very happy to know I can cruise at 70 with no issues at all.

If you have aftermarket (double cardan)rear drive shaft make sure you pinion is inline with the shaft. That can cause vibration and premature failure on the u joint. Mud tires can cause vibration as well, sometimes there’s not much you can do about it.

Last edited:
If you have aftermarket (double cardan)rear drive shaft make sure you pinion is inline with the shaft. That can cause vibration and premature failure on the u joint. Mud tires can cause vibration as well, sometimes there’s not much you can do about it.
Been there done that got the tee shirt... Haha for real though I did adjust both my driveshafts and a few other things a few times when i was trying to initially track it down. I haven't re adjusted them since I mounted the 37s and I know they will take a little more adjustment but visually they are close enough for the time being

WTF EVO why on earth would you make the holes on your own rock star skids not fit your swaybar link ends..... fits on the sway bar just fine.... now I have to figure out how the hell I'm gonna drill that hole bigger....

20180718_212230.jpg

Ok turns out o jumped the gun Haha it was just the powder coating on there that didnt make them fit. 1/2" drill bit cleared it out and now it fits. But now it doesn't have paint....

Almost done giving the entire jeep a re torque. Wanted to hit every bolt on this thing before making the trek out to moab next weekend considering I have replaced almost everything in the entire suspension and drivetrain. So far so good only a few nuts barely twisted so hopefully I did my due diligence when installing all these parts.
Also changed the engine oil should be all ready to hit moab!

Almost done giving the entire jeep a re torque. Wanted to hit every bolt on this thing before making the trek out to moab next weekend considering I have replaced almost everything in the entire suspension and drivetrain. So far so good only a few nuts barely twisted so hopefully I did my due diligence when installing all these parts.

Make sure you post a lot of pics and have a lot of fun

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it performs! 🍻

--

Top Bottom