12' Gecko Build

BaddestCross

Huh... When I had bent flanges, I only heard them at parking lot speeds and the noise would go away when I put a little pressure on the brakes.

What rear shafts are you running? Surprisingly, I haven't had a problem since upgrading to chromoly with the 37s and spacers. Mine bent almost instantly on 35s with 4.5" BS and factory shafts though.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

desertrunner

Huh... When I had bent flanges, I only heard them at parking lot speeds and the noise would go away when I put a little pressure on the brakes.

What rear shafts are you running? Surprisingly, I haven't had a problem since upgrading to chromoly with the 37s and spacers. Mine bent almost instantly on 35s with 4.5" BS and factory shafts though.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
They are the dynatrac 35 spline. Whatever comes with the trail leader package

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked

desertrunner

So I found a set of jw speaker J2s on Amazon for a really good deal and I jumped on them.
Turns out after further research they are not an authorized dealer and JW won't warranty the products purchased on Amazon so...... I installed this set I am going to try them out tonight and see how they look then box them back up and return them. Personally after all the research I did I think I like the KC gravity pros better so I ordered a set of those as well and I will have a good chance to check them both out and see what I like better. If I like the gravity better I'll just keep them if not then I'll return those and get a set of JWs from an authorized dealer.

Turn out my gut feeling of too good to be true was right. $450 for a set of 8700 J2s buyer beware haha who know they could be fine but I would hate to have issues in 6 months and be out $450 (like a few people on the Amazon reviews had)

20190821_154256.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So I found a set of jw speaker J2s on Amazon for a really good deal and I jumped on them.
Turns out after further research they are not an authorized dealer and JW won't warranty the products purchased on Amazon so...... I installed this set I am going to try them out tonight and see how they look then box them back up and return them. Personally after all the research I did I think I like the KC gravity pros better so I ordered a set of those as well and I will have a good chance to check them both out and see what I like better. If I like the gravity better I'll just keep them if not then I'll return those and get a set of JWs from an authorized dealer.

Turn out my gut feeling of too good to be true was right. $450 for a set of 8700 J2s buyer beware haha who know they could be fine but I would hate to have issues in 6 months and be out $450 (like a few people on the Amazon reviews had)

View attachment 333104

Man, I bought some cheap Amazon projectors... headlight and fog for around $120. Been working awesome so far. I'm too tight for those.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Meh I watched a lot of YouTube videos on beam pattern stuff and for the most part all of the knock offs were pretty bad (better than stock but meh). Idk buying US made doesn't stop at headlights for me haha. I will say they look damn good sitting in there, tonight we tell if I like the beam pattern or not (I'm expecting not to based on the videos I've watched) but who knows

Jsouder53

Hooked
I really like my KC gravity headlights, great color and super bright [emoji106] I didn’t get the pros just the regular. Also had to pair them with the fogs lol couldn’t stand stock fog lights with the kc headlights.

desertrunner

I really like my KC gravity headlights, great color and super bright [emoji106] I didn’t get the pros just the regular. Also had to pair them with the fogs lol couldn’t stand stock fog lights with the kc headlights.
That's kinda my only concern with the KCs is the beam pattern definitely lends itself to being paired with the fogs but because I have the quarter pounder and no fogs I went with the pros because the beam pattern goes a little lower. So I'll try them out but I think the gravity pros will be what I stick with. I'm going to drive around with the JWs tonight so I have a good comparison before I return them though

desertrunner

So I think I have them sitting a little too high still but overall they are a hell of an improvement over stock and I didn't quite notice the line shadows as much as I thought I would. There is definitely a definitive square hot spot in the middle right on the road and the surrounding light is nice. I didn't see a huge impact when going to high beam but again I think they are a little higher than they should be pointed so that could be part of it.
Overall that are very nice but this set still has to be returned and I'll try out the gravity pros next week to see the difference

20190822_021134.jpg

desertrunner

Ok I adjusted them lower to roughly the right height (my garage wall isn't 25' away so had to do some math) but they were way too high so I'll give them another try out tonight see how much difference that makes. My KCs should be here the 28th so I can compare. I'll post that same pic from last night with them adjusted this time later tonight

desertrunner

New pic of them adjusted low and high beams
I still don't see a crazy improvement on high beam, it adds a little extra height of dim light but not a ton of concentrated light on high beam 20190823_005552.jpg 20190823_005555.jpg

Top Bottom