12' Gecko Build

desertrunner

Side note I got my KC gravity Pros installed today and tried them out. Damn these things are amazing and I definitely like the beam pattern better than the JW speakers. Nice sharp cutoff line to not blind people, great hot spot on the middle of the road, good ambient light to the sides and the high beam is incredible. 20190829_004438.jpg 20190829_004443.jpg 20190829_005604.jpg 20190829_005557.jpg 20190829_010901.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Side note I got my KC gravity Pros installed today and tried them out. Damn these things are amazing and I definitely like the beam pattern better than the JW speakers. Nice sharp cutoff line to not blind people, great hot spot on the middle of the road, good ambient light to the sides and the high beam is incredible. View attachment 333727 View attachment 333728 View attachment 333729 View attachment 333730 View attachment 333731

Those look good. I was tempted to buy them once, but I couldn’t find any good pics of the beam pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Those look good. I was tempted to buy them once, but I couldn’t find any good pics of the beam pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The JWs were good but the hot spot in the middle is a very obvious 1 dot on the road and if it's a windy road then it's not really useful. They have a bit wider light out to the side for making sharper turns but the KCs IMO have a much better mid section that lets you see a windy road very well. And the high beams speak for themselves. The JWs high beams didn't seem to change anything maybe a little bit of dim light over top of the hot spot but I thought they sucked.
They sure as hell aren't cheap but with my initial impressions I really like them.

desertrunner

The Exodus tie rod proved it's worth yesterday for sure, I didn't have my lockers in slid a bit off the rock I was supposed to climb and came down on it right on the tie rod you can see is bending in the pic below and sure as shit it was perfect straight after I got out

VideoCapture_20190831-163901.jpeg

desertrunner

How did you seal the brackets on the top? I’m seriously considering one of these for a tent.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
We drove through a pretty good storm to get up to Kalispell this weekend and without sealing it I still didn't get any water inside. I may seal it at some point but 1st storm still dry

desertrunner

That’s awesome! Didn’t know there was a badge of honor trail in Montana. How was it for difficulty?
Pretty easy if you take all the bypasses, one of the guys there was in a stock 90s suburban haha but you can really make it as hard as you want up to dudes almost rolling their tube frame buggies. I didn't play in the big playground but there are tons of obstacles along the trail to make it fun. For the most part it's a dirt road with obstacles along side it. Because the group ended up being so large (like 35 rigs) and some of the classic Montana redneck drunken full send kinda guys I didn't stick around long enough to give a full a full report. I only ran about 6mi of the 30+ that's in there so I definitely want to go back and explore more but that group just wasn't something I wanted to hang around for the whole day and my buddy and I had other agendas out in the area so we ducked out early.

It's listed as a 5-9 which makes sense because of what you can get yourself into but at least the parts that I did I would give it a 2 with the hardest obstacle I did being a 7ish but again I didn't see a whole lot of it

Jsouder53

Hooked
Pretty easy if you take all the bypasses, one of the guys there was in a stock 90s suburban haha but you can really make it as hard as you want up to dudes almost rolling their tube frame buggies. I didn't play in the big playground but there are tons of obstacles along the trail to make it fun. For the most part it's a dirt road with obstacles along side it. Because the group ended up being so large (like 35 rigs) and some of the classic Montana redneck drunken full send kinda guys I didn't stick around long enough to give a full a full report. I only ran about 6mi of the 30+ that's in there so I definitely want to go back and explore more but that group just wasn't something I wanted to hang around for the whole day and my buddy and I had other agendas out in the area so we ducked out early.

It's listed as a 5-9 which makes sense because of what you can get yourself into but at least the parts that I did I would give it a 2 with the hardest obstacle I did being a 7ish but again I didn't see a whole lot of it

Sounds like fun! Aside from the drunken full send lol we will have to make it up there one of these days as well!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We drove through a pretty good storm to get up to Kalispell this weekend and without sealing it I still didn't get any water inside. I may seal it at some point but 1st storm still dry

Do you mind posting up part numbers for what you bought? Thinking about getting this system to run a tent.

desertrunner

Do you mind posting up part numbers for what you bought? Thinking about getting this system to run a tent.

So this is what came in my kit. I bought it on quadratec as 1 package. They have all the part numbers broken out by each individual piece not by package as far as I can tell. 20190908_192157.jpg 20190908_192201.jpg 20190908_192206.jpg Screenshot_20190908-192548_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190908-212604_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So this is what came in my kit. I bought it on quadratec as 1 package. They have all the part numbers broken out by each individual piece not by package as far as I can tell. View attachment 334333 View attachment 334334 View attachment 334335 View attachment 334336 View attachment 334337

That’s what I thought. Thanks.

$$$ shitty part is it won’t fit in the garage and I would have to put it all on in the driveway. Shitty.

Top Bottom