1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, I do remember him talking about a urethane primer as well, that may be part of his plan. I hate doing stuff like this over the phone, but in person isn’t much of an option these days.

I never liked the idea of the undercoating either. That’s why he wants to move in that direction.

Thanks again [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sounds like you're in good hands. Can't wait to see what it looks like with a new coat of paint!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Sounds like you're in good hands. Can't wait to see what it looks like with a new coat of paint!

I’m sure I won’t be able to resist to go see it once the paints on. Social distancing procedures in place of course....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Holy hell, your Scrambler sounds like it'll be done before Gruff is. :naw:

I don't remember seeing the Centerlines on it before - very cool. I love those things!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Holy hell, your Scrambler sounds like it'll be done before Gruff is. :naw:

I don't remember seeing the Centerlines on it before - very cool. I love those things!

Those were the old wheels. I replaced those in 17’ with OEM replicas. The center lines were classic 80s though!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Elroy231

I imagine its getting hard to find a scrambler that's not hiding a few secrets. Good for you to take it to that next step! Its a real looker. Keepin it black?
She had a lot of dirty little secrets under the paint. All fixed now. Now we need to get it painted and put back together

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I imagine its getting hard to find a scrambler that's not hiding a few secrets. Good for you to take it to that next step! Its a real looker. Keepin it black?

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, she’ll look just like those pictures when I’m done with it. But other than the body and bumpers, she’ll be brand new. I have a rebuilt 360 that will go in with an AX15 trans and atlas transfer case. Someday soon I hope.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom