2013 JK Info?

Prime8

Sharkey said:
If that brochure is correct, then the decision to keep my '09 just got easier. No garbage can grey, no 4:10's, no deal for me.

Back to the topic... The billet aluminum is kinda a medium silver, but who knows it may be trash can grey. They changed that polynesian green to commando, afterall... Interested to see the dune and the rock lobster. I hope dune is similar to that non-metallic tan they had this year. And rock lobster...who knows! Tried Google image searching an actual rock lobster, and they come in just about every color...

Prime8

Oh, and the current buzz is that 4.10 WILL be an available option for autos, but just like the 2012 models, they can't be preordered for some reason... Last year the computers wouldn't let people preorder the 4.10s, but apparently they were able to choose them later, before the build was finished. Again, this is all stuff I've read from other people.

ichthus

That brochure looked nice, but it referred to the JK as a JK. Jeep usually doesn't do that in any kind of official way, always claiming JK to be an internal designation only.

I hope it's accurate though....I like those Rubicon wheels and my wife would be happy to know that Gecko will still be around

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just got back from my local dealership. I watched the screen as he built me a 2013 JKU Rubicon and then he printed it out for me. The 4:10's do not show up as standard equipment with the automatic transmission. They absolutely did, however, show up as an option. We checked the box and I have the printout confirming the option selection. The MSRP for the option was $95. Also, there is currently no silver or gray of any kind listed on the color selection. (Gecko was still available though). Our conclusion is that the new silver or gray will be a late release color.

Prime8

Sharkey said:
Just got back from my local dealership. I watched the screen as he built me a 2013 JKU Rubicon and then he printed it out for me. The 4:10's do not show up as standard equipment with the automatic transmission. They absolutely did, however, show up as an option. We checked the box and I have the printout confirming the option selection. The MSRP for the option was $95. Also, there is currently no silver or gray of any kind listed on the color selection. (Gecko was still available though). Our conclusion is that the new silver or gray will be a late release color.

Did you happen to take a mental picture of all the colors that WERE available, as of now? Interested to see what will be available at release, since some people say certain colors will be released at launch, while other people have the same colors listed as late availability...

Prime8

ichthus said:
That brochure looked nice, but it referred to the JK as a JK. Jeep usually doesn't do that in any kind of official way, always claiming JK to be an internal designation only.

I hope it's accurate though....I like those Rubicon wheels and my wife would be happy to know that Gecko will still be around

Those wheels are atrocious, in my opinion. But then I'm a fan of the simple 5 spokes in mineral gray that came on my Mtn edition. The gecko is kinda cool, but it needs a nice coat of mud to calm down the color a bit! Haha. I like my rescue green and wish they'd bring that back instead...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Prime8 said:
Did you happen to take a mental picture of all the colors that WERE available, as of now? Interested to see what will be available at release, since some people say certain colors will be released at launch, while other people have the same colors listed as late availability...

Not really...I was looking for the silver. Gecko stands out for obvious reasons. There was white (that's what we built to confirm gear ratio availability), a black, and a red. I'm thinking there was six or maybe seven choices. Sorry...I should have noted the specific color names.

Prime8

Sharkey said:
Not really...I was looking for the silver. Gecko stands out for obvious reasons. There was white (that's what we built to confirm gear ratio availability), a black, and a red. I'm thinking there was six or maybe seven choices. Sorry...I should have noted the specific color names.

It's ok. I'll be going to my dealer on Friday to have that 2010 recall taken care of and I'll find out then and report back to everyone.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey said:

No trash can gray? I like that color.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
MTG said:

DA RUNT said:
x2 Curious to see what's coming out even tho I won't be buying another Jeep anytime soon

Don't know...I only know it can't be ordered right now (or any version of silver for that matter).

Prime8

They make cherokees, patriots and grand caravans in that color currently. It's a dark, metallic navy. Kinda bland, in my opinion, but then again I wore navy uniform pants all through elementary school, so maybe I just have an aversion! Haha.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member

x2 Curious to see what's coming out even tho I won't be buying another Jeep anytime soon

According to Mark Allen, Trash Can Gray will for sure be a new color (probably a late release), but it won't be called that. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he said it will be called anvil.

main.php

I love this color! :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
bleedbeat said:
According to Mark Allen, Trash Can Gray will for sure be a new color (probably a late release), but it won't be called that. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he said it will be called anvil.

I love this color! :thumb:

Hmmmmm. Maybe we'll be a two jeep family sooner than I thought. Better make sure the jeep can pull our boat first.

Top Bottom