2013 JK Info?

Prime8

bleedbeat said:
True blue will be the same blue that was on The FC in Moab :yup:

According to the dealer and the corresponding paint codes, it will be the same deep, metallic navy that is on the Grand Cherokees and Patriots today. Saw a couple at the dealership today. I wish you were right about it being the same as the FC, because I actually like that blue. Unfortunately, it is different. Unless jeep decides to change the shade in the next month, even after a TON of orders have been placed. The local dealership has already ordered several in this color for different customers. Not looking to argue or anything, because I respect the hell out of you and your husband. But it seems the blue has changed since your buddy got his intel. Believe me, I wish it wasn't so, because that FC blue was at the top of my list for my new JKUR. I was pretty disappointed when I saw the boring navy...

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
According to the dealer and the corresponding paint codes, it will be the same deep, metallic navy that is on the Grand Cherokees and Patriots today. Saw a couple at the dealership today. I wish you were right about it being the same as the FC, because I actually like that blue. Unfortunately, it is different. Unless jeep decides to change the shade in the next month, even after a TON of orders have been placed. The local dealership has already ordered several in this color for different customers. Not looking to argue or anything, because I respect the hell out of you and your husband.

Well, that is a bummer to hear. I really liked that blue on the FC. :grayno:

But it seems the blue has changed since your buddy got his intel. Believe me, I wish it wasn't so, because that FC blue was at the top of my list for my new JKUR. I was pretty disappointed when I saw the boring navy...

Lol...Mark Allen really isn't "our buddy," but he is the Head of Jeep Design. ;) But he probably doesn't have the final say as to what actually goes into production.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Prime8 said:
According to the dealer and the corresponding paint codes, it will be the same deep, metallic navy that is on the Grand Cherokees and Patriots today. Saw a couple at the dealership today. I wish you were right about it being the same as the FC, because I actually like that blue. Unfortunately, it is different. Unless jeep decides to change the shade in the next month, even after a TON of orders have been placed. The local dealership has already ordered several in this color for different customers. Not looking to argue or anything, because I respect the hell out of you and your husband. But it seems the blue has changed since your buddy got his intel. Believe me, I wish it wasn't so, because that FC blue was at the top of my list for my new JKUR. I was pretty disappointed when I saw the boring navy...

Hey Prime8 stop arguing!! JK :)

That is too bad. Maybe the other blue will be a late offering.

Prime8

MTG said:
Hey Prime8 stop arguing!! JK :)

That is too bad. Maybe the other blue will be a late offering.

Haha, sorry sir...

Yeah. Maybe. I waited for the 2013 cause I wasn't really in love with any of the late 2012 colors... Seems the wait will continue, because I don't like these much either... Bring back rescue green, Sahara tan, and mango tango! Stop using retirement vehicles (Cherokee) and non-mobiles (patriot) to plan your next wrangler colors, jeep! The sales for those three colors all released at once would probably match the sales of the other 7 combined...

Prime8

bleedbeat said:
Well, that is a bummer to hear. I really liked that blue on the FC. :grayno:

I did too. That's the color I was going to get, so I'm quite disappointed as well. Let's hope you are right though! We want FC BLUE! The customers have spoken...

DA RUNT

If that grey does become available maybe i'll trade in my 12 for it and sleep on the couch for a week..... that's where the wife put me after I traded our 11 for the 12 :tantrum:

Prime8

DA RUNT said:
If that grey does become available maybe i'll trade in my 12 for it and sleep on the couch for a week..... that's where the wife put me after I traded our 11 for the 12 :tantrum:

Haha, makes it really hard to mod if you trade in every year!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
MTG said:
Hmmmmm. Maybe we'll be a two jeep family sooner than I thought. Better make sure the jeep can pull our boat first.

Hands off man...the gray is all mine if it comes out. Lol.

Prime8

Hate to say it gents, but the gecko green is really growing on me... Especially with the color matched top and fenders... Anyone ever trim the painted fenders? Do they chip...?

ichthus

We just placed an order for my wife's new JKU in Gecko Green....but neither of us can handle the body-colored tops/fenders. Her black 08 had to have the taupe colored top just to make sure it didn't look like a poser H3.

The painted fenders don't chip, really, but they do scratch and gouge easily. We spend too much time in the woods to make that mistake again.

Prime8

ichthus said:
We just placed an order for my wife's new JKU in Gecko Green....but neither of us can handle the body-colored tops/fenders. Her black 08 had to have the taupe colored top just to make sure it didn't look like a poser H3.

The painted fenders don't chip, really, but they do scratch and gouge easily. We spend too much time in the woods to make that mistake again.

I didn't think they offered painted tops in '08...?

ichthus

No, but it was a black Sahara. Flat black was still too close.

Guess I've just always liked the appearance of a 2-tone Jeep. There's certainly no way I'd pay the extra for body-colored flares & top when that $ could go towards some form of mods or be better spent elsewhere.

StrizzyChris

No, but it was a black Sahara. Flat black was still too close.

Guess I've just always liked the appearance of a 2-tone Jeep. There's certainly no way I'd pay the extra for body-colored flares & top when that $ could go towards some form of mods or be better spent elsewhere.

With this years fender match option, it is crazy cheep. But yes, the top and fender match option was a bit expensive and could buy a sliders and under-armor

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

you listened to the dealer,:cheesy:

Seriously, I doubt they have a clue and are blowing smoke up your ass. When I talked with Mark Allen. He said Jeep is planning on not using crossover colors any longer. They only want Jeep colors on Jeeps and not crossed over into other lines.

btw Mark Allen is at the top of the food chain when it comes to intel...:D

Prime8

ChrisB said:
you listened to the dealer,:cheesy:

Seriously, I doubt they have a clue and are blowing smoke up your ass. When I talked with Mark Allen. He said Jeep is planning on not using crossover colors any longer. They only want Jeep colors on Jeeps and not crossed over into other lines.

btw Mark Allen is at the top of the food chain when it comes to intel...:D

Ok... Saw the paint code for the Grand Cherokee and the 2013 wrangler. Same paint code for True Blue. It's a dark metallic navy. So, like I said, unless they make a change to the color/color code before receipt of the said-ordered vehicles, it will be the same.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Jeeps known to have different shades of the same color. I would not rule out anything for later production vehicles.

ie.. They had two silvers in 2007 that was almost the same shade.

Top Bottom