2013 JK Info?

Prime8

ChrisB said:
Jeeps known to have different shades of the same color. I would not rule out anything for later production vehicles.

ie.. They had two silvers in 2007 that was almost the same shade.

Right. The different shade will have a different code though. Not saying they won't release FC Blue this year, I'm just saying that it isn't the.same color as True Blue. Still interested what color Rock Lobster will be...

ichthus

The dealer we ordered our '13 from just emailed me the paint colors in a PDF. If someone knows how to upload that, I'll forward it to you. I think the file is showing on my iPhone just a bit light, but Rock Lobster looks like a brighter red than Cherry. Dune is a couple shades darker than Sahara Tan and Commando is a shade lighter than Jeep Green. The Billet Metallic looks like a color that's been on the Charger before, kind of a dark silver.

Prime8

Awesome colors. Rock lobster is almost pink... The commando or dune is what I'm going for. Probabaly the dune. Any indications when dune will be available?

ichthus

When we ordered, none of the new colors were available (that was Saturday), he emailed the list today, but said he's seen no pictures besides the pallet. Nothing on there about Furious Fuchsia or Anvil, and the Rugged Brown was late availability or limited release...probably another sticker package color.

Prime8

ichthus said:
When we ordered, none of the new colors were available (that was Saturday), he emailed the list today, but said he's seen no pictures besides the pallet. Nothing on there about Furious Fuchsia or Anvil, and the Rugged Brown was late availability or limited release...probably another sticker package color.

Hey hey hey now buddy, watch it with that "sticker package" talk...

Prime8

Rugged Brown, Commando, and Rock Lobster are the Limited/Late availability colors. Which means I would imagine they will drop Dune into the ordering options to stir up extra orders just before the official release in a couple months. At least that's what I hope... Hoping the Dune looks good in person, hard to tell some of the colors from the little swatches...

ichthus

Prime8 said:
Hey hey hey now buddy, watch it with that "sticker package" talk...

I've got nothing against the sticker packages...except that I have insufficient disposable income to pay the extra... What I don't like is when a great color is limited to a sticker package.

Prime8

Sharkey said:
Anvil wasn't available a week or so ago when I had my salesman check the computer.

No sources have said anything about a gray except the Billet Aluminum from everything I've seen.

Prime8

ichthus said:
I've got nothing against the sticker packages...except that I have insufficient disposable income to pay the extra... What I don't like is when a great color is limited to a sticker package.

Haha, only got the mountain cause they made me a killer deal on it. Otherwise, they would have had to drive 800 miles for the closest one available of the setup we had been looking for...

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Boy is my wife going to be pissed. She wanted blue and settled for Gecko. I'll never hear the end of this. On the brighter side, she is getting my lift that I have now so I can order the new Evo Coil Over's.

MTG

Caught the Bug
bdmckenna said:
Boy is my wife going to be pissed. She wanted blue and settled for Gecko. I'll never hear the end of this. On the brighter side, she is getting my lift that I have now so I can order the new Evo Coil Over's.

We are thinking about doing the same.

ichthus

Off the top of my head...the 70th Anniversary Jeeps had a Bronze color that was only available on those Jeeps.

08blkrubi

This was posted on JK-F:

This info was posted today (6-11-2012) on h t t p://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

Final production scheduled to end:

Bright White Clear Coat (PW7) - 07/20/12
Flame Red Clear Coat (PR4) - 07/13/12
Dozer Clear Coat (PY5) - 10/12/12
Crush Clear Coat (PL4) - 11/09/12
Gecko Green Pearl Coat (PFM) - 12/14/12
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Coat (PRP) - 02/08/13

Initial Production is scheduled to begin:

Black Clear Coat (PX8) -07/23/12
Polynesian Green Pearl Coat - Commando Green (PGH) - 09/04/12
Billet Metallic Clear Coat (PX8) - 09/04/12
Rock Lobster Clear Coat (PKT) - 10/01/12
Dune Clear Coat (PTT) - 12/06/12
Rugged Brown Pearl Coat (PTW) - 02/04/13
Anvil Clear Coat (PDS) - 03/04/13
10th Anniversary Rubicon (2TJ) - 03/04/13
Furious Fuschsia Pearl Coat (PHP) - 05/06/13

ichthus

So several of those will actually be 2014 colors. Well, that would almost make it a safe bet that we'd see a JK replacement no sooner than 2015. Maybe we can even hope that they've planned things out so clearly that they can be putting a focus on that 2015 redesign...with truck and diesel options

Prime8

I'm really interested in the 10th anniversary Rubicon... Anyone have any ideas about what it will entail? Just special stickers or will it be better/beefier some how? Don't know if I can wait till march!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'm really interested in the 10th anniversary Rubicon... Anyone have any ideas about what it will entail? Just special stickers or will it be better/beefier some how? Don't know if I can wait till march!

i bet its just a sticker package with new rims, and custom seat covers like the Artic edition.

Last edited:

Prime8

ChrisB said:
i woud bet its just s stick package with new rims, and custom seat covers like the Artic edition.

Maybe it will be a fully loaded Moby clone! Hahahaha, yeah right... But a man can dream, right?

Top Bottom