2014 JK Wranglers

TimzToy

Go drive it off the line. That would be sweet!

Ohhhhhh Don't tempt me lol
I'd have to take a picture of it
In front of the BIG Jeep sign on front
Of the plant before I head back home.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spartan

Ohhhhhh Don't tempt me lol
I'd have to take a picture of it
In front of the BIG Jeep sign on front
Of the plant before I head back home.

If I lived close to the plant I would totally want to do that!

TimzToy

My salesman somehow was able to check and get an update on the build status, and mine went into a storage facility in Toledo (at or near the plant) on August 16th.
It was scheduled for delivery August 20th, a d today is the 22, so it's been at a storage lot for 6 days? WTH??

You can't tell me there hasn't been any deliveries to dealers somewhere in NE Ohio where they could have delivered it to my dealer?! That's BS!!

StrizzyChris

If I lived close to the plant I would totally want to do that!

I cant remember, maybe Mercedes, but there's a company that will let you fly in, drive the car at the plant, but then go home and take delivery at your dealership after they perform the QC checks on delivery and get it shiny like to company wants.

My salesman somehow was able to check and get an update on the build status, and mine went into a storage facility in Toledo (at or near the plant) on August 16th.
It was scheduled for delivery August 20th, a d today is the 22, so it's been at a storage lot for 6 days? WTH??

You can't tell me there hasn't been any deliveries to dealers somewhere in NE Ohio where they could have delivered it to my dealer?! That's BS!!

The dealership, and you, can check the status of your build at any time. Im assuming their system is better than the community tracking system that kinda sucks. After the Jeep is built, it goes to the "to be shipped" lot. I have a friend who had it in that lot for 2 weeks. I know it sucks, but if you think about it...iot doesn't make sense to send a Jeep or two on an expensive delivery truck. They are gonna wait til its full and efficient cost to ship it. Good luck waiting patiently, and hope it comes soon :thumb:

KPM171

I cant remember, maybe Mercedes, but there's a company that will let you fly in, drive the car at the plant, but then go home and take delivery at your dealership after they perform the QC checks on delivery and get it shiny like to company wants.

Volvo & BMW both offer European deliveries from the factory and then they ship it to your local dealer for you. You used to be able to do that for a Corvette at their factory in Kentucky (not sure if you still can) too. I asked Jeep corporate for a factory delivery when I ordered mine, but they didn't want me runnin' loose in the Jeep factory. It's prolly for the best. :D

TimzToy

I

The dealership, and you, can check the status of your build at any time. Im assuming their system is better than the community tracking system that kinda sucks. After the Jeep is built, it goes to the "to be shipped" lot. I have a friend who had it in that lot for 2 weeks. I know it sucks, but if you think about it...iot doesn't make sense to send a Jeep or two on an expensive delivery truck. They are gonna wait til its full and efficient cost to ship it. Good luck waiting patiently, and hope it comes soon :thumb:

I agree, it makes sense not to send a truck out with only 1/2 a load of vehicles, but there are 5 Jeep dealers in a close 4 county radius of me, so, if customer orders wouldn't fill a car hauler, I would think all those dealers should be chomping at the bit to start getting any 2014 vehicles on their lots
So back to my original dismay, I can't see why my new Jeep is sitting in a storage area for 7 days now, Ok, yes, I'm as anxious as a kid at Christmas lol

Last edited:

TimzToy

To my surprise this morning, the status on the website changed to: Shipment, after sitting in a storage lot since Aug.16
But my salesman emailed me and on their end it shows delivery this Friday.
So it takes all week to make a 4 hour trip from NW Ohio, to NE Ohio? Whoa
I'll never order another one.
But it's been lots of fun watching this thread and seeing pics of the other new ones and have arrived!!

08blkrubi

ordered ours Aug-2, came in today Aug-29....1 day shy of 4-weeks....:yup:

JKUR-Black
-Auto
-4:10
-Dual Tops
-430n
-Connectivity

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Here you go boys.....

attachment.php

https://www.jeep.com/en/pdf/eBrochure-Wrangler-Spec-Insert-2014.pdf

https://www.jeep.com/en/pdf/eBrochure-Wrangler-Catalog-2014.pdf

Looks like Im goin with Ampd. :D

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Ugh, granite crystal metallic makes me doubt my choice of picking up a 2013 billet JK :gaah:

well granite has been around for a while, which you can see on other chrysler products. Ampd was the one everyone wanted to see, as well as hydro blue.

JK-MAT

well granite has been around for a while, which you can see on other chrysler products. Ampd was the one everyone wanted to see, as well as hydro blue.

True, granite has been around for a while. When I bought my 2013, I don't think the colors were ever released for the 2014's yet...or descriptions of the colors for that matter. Amp'd looks like a great color, kind of like a metallic dozer. Hydro blue caught me off guard though. I was expecting it to look more like Cosmo Blue. Think I might like Hydro a bit more though :thumb:

TimzToy

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377904593.068798.jpg

Mine Finally came in today.
Picked it up after work!

I like the new color choices!

Top Bottom