2015 JKX-West Coast

Peak

Any amber light that can be seen. They need to be bright as the dust obscures the lights. The way I look at it the brighter the light the less chance you have of getting rear ended. More than that the guy in the dust has a better chance of knowing where to go....

I know they have to be Amber but I don't think they have to be cubes. I could be wrong though.

That makes sense, thanks guys.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Any amber light that can be seen. They need to be bright as the dust obscures the lights. The way I look at it the brighter the light the less chance you have of getting rear ended. More than that the guy in the dust has a better chance of knowing where to go....

Thanks the tip Russ......where do you have yours mounted..... on your carrier or mounted lower beneath it?......trying to dig up some pics of other JKX rigs.......every little bit of info helps

~Woodrow~

EZ-E

I know they have to be Amber but I don't think they have to be cubes. I could be wrong though.

Yea you're right. Just any amber light, like was mentioned. For my tire carrier it made sense just to get cubes.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just got a call from Mel Wade inviting me to the West Coast JKX in September. I almost fell out of my chair. I signed up back in October, figured I had no chance. So pumped!

Now I just need to figure out what bank I'm going to rob to pay for it, haha.

Just caught this thread....that's awesome man!!! So I guess we won't be seeing you for Jeepfest at Smorr in September :thinking: :cheesy:

EZ-E

Just caught this thread....that's awesome man!!! So I guess we won't be seeing you for Jeepfest at Smorr in September :thinking: :cheesy:

:crazyeyes: No, I suppose not. My wife said I'm not allowed to spend money on the jeep for the next couple years after this trip, haha.

ttfhell

Thanks the tip Russ......where do you have yours mounted..... on your carrier or mounted lower beneath it?......trying to dig up some pics of other JKX rigs.......every little bit of info helps

~Woodrow~

On the tab on the tire carrier. I was told that they should be above the brake lights but other guys put them on the tire carrier tubes too. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434657657.341986.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434657778.005399.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434657893.321213.jpg

thardy

Banned
:crazyeyes: No, I suppose not. My wife said I'm not allowed to spend money on the jeep for the next couple years after this trip, haha.

Heck, as long as you don't break anything during or after, you won't need to spend much, cause you'll have a JKX ready vehicle. :yup:

Dean454

Just got a call from Mel Wade inviting me to the West Coast JKX in September. I almost fell out of my chair. I signed up back in October, figured I had no chance. So pumped!

Now I just need to figure out what bank I'm going to rob to pay for it, haha.

I can tell you it's not cheap. I just got back from middle America JKX. Hopefully you can camp a few nights to save money

EZ-E

Heck, as long as you don't break anything during or after, you won't need to spend much, cause you'll have a JKX ready vehicle. :yup:

This is true. But, I already know after seeing all those badass rigs on the trip it's only going to make me want to buy more shit. :yup:

EZ-E

I can tell you it's not cheap. I just got back from middle America JKX. Hopefully you can camp a few nights to save money

Yea Mel told me anywhere from $800-1600 just for hotels, obviously depending on what he has planned for the trip. Plus $500 entrance fee. Gas, Food, etc. Definitely adds up.

Yeep

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434658771.496474.jpg

I use these in amber for rear dust lights and just leave the cover snapped on when they aren't in use.

Just another idea for you..

ttfhell

That looks pretty cool. Def keep that in mind, thanks!

Those do look cool. This is just my advice and nothing more, buy something larger. If you are jeep number 14 out off 22 doing 70 plus through the desert the dust will swallow those little lights up , Rigid or not. These are Randy's lights during the day to give you an idea of how bright they should be at a minimum.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434660597.120632.jpg

EZ-E

Those do look cool. This is just my advice and nothing more, buy something larger. If you are jeep number 14 out off 22 doing 70 plus through the desert the dust will swallow those little lights up , Rigid or not. These are Randy's lights during the day to give you an idea of how bright they should be at a minimum.

View attachment 149463

I appreciate your opinion. I was looking at getting the rigid Dually floods. Think that'll fit the bill pretty well?

Yeep

Yup. Plus you can use the amber covers and remove for camp lights etc.

Having some rear lights for camp lights are awesome...I have the sq rigids above the tail lights in Amber and 2 6" sr lights in white flushed in my rear bumper..

I'm also a fan of running amber in the front out here in dusty AZ.. I have a 20" Amber flood flushed in the front bumper and a 10" Amber spot mounted above it. Works great for my needs

Top Bottom