2015 JKX-West Coast

thardy

Banned
Oh ok, so when I order the dually Amber floods, it's just a cover that I can remove when I want them to be clear?

Order the standard white and buy Amber covers.

Edited: they also make Amber lights that don't have a cover so that theory wouldn't work on them.

EZ-E

For anyone who has been on one of these trips: Any tips or advice on what to pack/bring, etc...

Anything else I should know before I take off?

I've never done a wheeling/driving trip this long before so any and all advice is appreciated! :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
For anyone who has been on one of these trips: Any tips or advice on what to pack/bring, etc...

I've never done a wheeling/driving trip this long before so any and all advice is appreciated! :yup:

I'll tell you the same thing I told Russ. Be prepared to drive faster than you are comfortable with. ;)

EZ-E

I'll tell you the same thing I told Russ. Be prepared to drive faster than you are comfortable with. ;)

Lol, ok thanks. It should be interesting following those with DTD suspensions with my Evo plush-rides and fox shocks...

ttfhell

Pack a couple air filters and swap out after dusty days. Zip ties will be your friend. Spare u-joints and straps are popular items that get used as well as spare brake lines. Go over your jeep after the first day even if other people aren't. Be friendly and offer to help whenever you can.
If there is an optional obstacle you want to do then do it. You don't want to regret not doing it later. If there is an option that scares you then don't do it. Nobody will care and you won't be the only one skipping it. Everyone else will be out of their comfort zone as well, just remembering that will take some stress off. Most importantly have fun.

JayKay

Caught the Bug

Obviously haven't been on a JKX...but after wheeling with you a few weeks ago, BRING A CAMERA!!!

I'll remind you again before you leave, but this experience is definitely something you'll want to have record of :thumb:

I don't know what you should pack as far as supplies, parts, etc. But after meeting you in person, you have a great personality and sense of humor, so you'll have no problem getting along with everyone.

Have fun and hopefully we'll see you on the trail again soon!!!

EZ-E

Bring parts, tools, fuses, fluids, and be prepared any possible situation you can think of

Ok thanks!

Pack a couple air filters and swap out after dusty days. Zip ties will be your friend. Spare u-joints and straps are popular items that get used as well as spare brake lines. Go over your jeep after the first day even if other people aren't. Be friendly and offer to help whenever you can.
If there is an optional obstacle you want to do then do it. You don't want to regret not doing it later. If there is an option that scares you then don't do it. Nobody will care and you won't be the only one skipping it. Everyone else will be out of their comfort zone as well, just remembering that will take some stress off. Most importantly have fun.

Good to know. I've got a CAI with a pre-filter so I guess I'll just bring a cleaning kit for it. U-joints are on my list as well as some spare TRE's. And yea, definitely wanna get the full experience but also want to have fun, so thanks.

Obviously haven't been on a JKX...but after wheeling with you a few weeks ago, BRING A CAMERA!!!

I'll remind you again before you leave, but this experience is definitely something you'll want to have record of :thumb:

I don't know what you should pack as far as supplies, parts, etc. But after meeting you in person, you have a great personality and sense of humor, so you'll have no problem getting along with everyone.

Have fun and hopefully we'll see you on the trail again soon!!!

Haha, yea I'll have my pops with me so we'll have the two go pros and a DSLR. Gotta remember to use them, you're right!

Thanks man, and definitely will have to meet up again on the trails!

ttfhell

Ok thanks!

Good to know. I've got a CAI with a pre-filter so I guess I'll just bring a cleaning kit for it. U-joints are on my list as well as some spare TRE's. And yea, definitely wanna get the full experience but also want to have fun, so thanks.

Haha, yea I'll have my pops with me so we'll have the two go pros and a DSLR. Gotta remember to use them, you're right!

Thanks man, and definitely will have to meet up again on the trails!

Put the factory air box back in for this trip.

EZ-E

Then go find one....seriously.

Yes sir. Haha. I see on the forum it's recommended, for dust ingestion. When I pulled my stock intake it had a good amount of dust in the intake tube and throttle body that I cleaned out. Is the non-stock CAI with a pre-filter that much worse?

Top Bottom