2018 NHL Playoffs

tippedover

Personally, I think he has a lot of talent. I will never dispute that. I even used to watch Pens games every possible chance. I just wish they would stop the 10 minute reports about Sid having a bad day, not scoring a point and give me more of the rookie who had 3 points or player X was injured and may be out a week or 3. Every sport has it's hate target and he seems to be it for now. Maybe next week it will be Miley Cyr... err.. Brad Marchand and his tongue.

I agree with all that has been said about Sid and the skill he has, and don’t get me wrong I love to hate him. But he is a good player and I would even argue that he plays the hardest out of anyone consistently on the pens. But, what I challenge any big fan of his to do is watch how he dives compared to others on his team. I understand he does it to sell the act to go on the PP, but he over exaggerates everything. Maybe he’s just so good he knows how to sell it and haters are going to hate idk. Just my opinion. Go caps

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

74CJ5

One more win and we are in the Stanley Cup Finals! Great three game streak after losing the first two at home. Would love to close out on the road...GO BOLTS! IMG_3484.jpg IMG_8571.jpg

Dmac08JK

Mhmm why ? I’m not just saying this cuz I’m a caps fan but you can’t have a fake fan base in the playoffs 1. The fans don’t know what playoffs. 2. You have to struggle to earn the right to raise lord Stanley’s cup.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Mhmm why ? I’m not just saying this cuz I’m a caps fan but you can’t have a fake fan base in the playoffs 1. The fans don’t know what playoffs. 2. You have to struggle to earn the right to raise lord Stanley’s cup.

Haha!

I’m not sure those are complete sentences, let alone coherent thoughts, but regardless it sounds like every other hater/angry fan out there regardless of the sport. I tend not to get too vested in these things myself. Oh and I keep forgetting they aren’t even supposed to be here...yet here they are.

For anyone else, Vegas puts on a pretty awesome event. You should definitely come and check out the madness!

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

A fake fan base? How so? Sorry Vegas, nor Nevada has never really had a professional team. But yet everyone has came together for this team. Especially how supported they were after the October first event that took place. By donating money, visiting the victims in the hospital and setting up blood drives. Would any other team do that, I’m sure they would. As well as going out of their way and visiting my brother in law who is on his deathbed from cancer during the finals. That’s like saying you’re from dc you’re a fake fan... I lived and grew up in Seattle as well as Vegas. And I’m still a seahawk and mariners fan. GO KNIGHTS! [emoji970]⚔️

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

What do you consider a fake fan? IMHO, it’s any fan who either (1) does not live in the state of the team they are supporting or (2) was not born in the state of the team they are supporting.

Everything else is just being a fan of watching a team on tv.

BobNH

What do you consider a fake fan? IMHO, it’s any fan who either (1) does not live in the state of the team they are supporting or (2) was not born in the state of the team they are supporting.

Everything else is just being a fan of watching a team on tv.
Hard for it to be that black and white, because many states don't have sports teams. For New England, the default is generally Boston. But they also have Buffalo and Montreal (do they still have a baseball team??). But to to your point, regional at best. I know people here who have never lived anywhere but here, yet the are Pirates fans to the bone, and ithers who are like that about the Giants. Theae I think fall into what you meant, as they should never be considered regional to our area.
Being a Flyers fan (I live in NH but was born and grew up north of Philly) I love seeing the Knights doing this, as the Flyers were the first expansion team to win the Cup, but no one ever, ever expected a first YEAR team to do it. This is why hockey, and in particular the Stanley Cup playoffs, will always be amazing. The history is over 100 years, the names and owners and leaders of the past immortalized with trophies named for them, even the old divisions were named for them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jagrubb99

On top of all this, Vegas has been a great way for new fans to enter the sport. Heard plenty of people who just started watching hockey pull for them because "hey, I'm a new fan, why not pull for the new team?"

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using WAYALIFE mobile app

RCVRY

I’m not a Caps fan, but I would like to see Ovechkin win a cup. He’s a damn good hockey player and deserves to have his name on the cup.

Ddays

Hooked

Blah blah, drivel drivel. This line of thinking is retarded.

but no one ever, ever expected a first YEAR team to do it.

But why not? After all, they are basically an all-star team cherry-picked from the rest of the league, no? Especially Fleury. They really lucked out with the situation the Pens were in with having 2 starting goalies.

Top Bottom