2020 WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run - (Postponed)

jjlong

Having gone on the 2019 kickoff run, and having met some awesome people there, I'd love to join in on another run soon!

treys1

It's different every year and based on nothing more than what we're feeling like at the time. MOST of the runs are just easy sightseeing runs but sometimes, we throw in some rocks. It just depends.

Super interested in this now that I am in striking distance from Las Cruces! Everything was SO far when I was in Georgia.

bhaner

One month to go!

Is this something that may happen? Trying to figure out vacation days. Looks like it could be easy to take the last week of this month off.

Depending on the location picked I would be interested in running some trails before the event if anyone else is interested.

In the past it looks like the Mojave area was a popular spot. Not sure if it is an option for this time of year... But maybe Big Bear CA?

MericaMade

One month to go!

Is this something that may happen? Trying to figure out vacation days. Looks like it could be easy to take the last week of this month off.

Depending on the location picked I would be interested in running some trails before the event if anyone else is interested.

In the past it looks like the Mojave area was a popular spot. Not sure if it is an option for this time of year... But maybe Big Bear CA?

Big Bear is fun and local. I would love to see a group thing out in Sand Hollow but looking forward.

jesse3638

Hooked
One month to go!

Big bear would be a nightmare with the typical group size of the new years run. Not to mention there are people of all different wheeling levels and builds so some may be in over their heads.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Some cool trails in the Panamint/Saline/Death Valley area. No lodging nearby though, other than a couple of places in Death Valley. Ridgecrest too, but that’s a 45-60 minute drive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bhaner

Big bear would be a nightmare with the typical group size of the new years run. Not to mention there are people of all different wheeling levels and builds so some may be in over their heads.

No worries. I have never been there so just brain storming.

I guess Big Bear would be more of a pre-event event for those who are up for doing dumb stuff.

bhaner

Some cool trails in the Panamint/Saline/Death Valley area. No lodging nearby though, other than a couple of places in Death Valley. Ridgecrest too, but that’s a 45-60 minute drive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

True. Was just watching the Defense Mine video. I think that is right in the area. That was a decent looking trail.

The way I see it... It will take me 20+ hours to drive down. I better make the most of it!

bhaner

Big Bear is fun and local. I would love to see a group thing out in Sand Hollow but looking forward.

Is Big Bear an option in the December/January time of year? Not sure on elevation/snow issues.

I would be in for a WOL Sand Hollow event!

jesse3638

Hooked
Is Big Bear an option in the December/January time of year? Not sure on elevation/snow issues.

I would be in for a WOL Sand Hollow event!
Depending on snow fall its doable. It'll most likely be wet in spots though. I know a few on here have run it in the snow. Maybe they can chime in.

TrailHunter

Hooked
The Cool thing about the New Years Run is we don’t know where Eddie is going to take us, or what we are going to see... It’s like a mini JKX.... but for amateurs. Lol

The Cool thing about the New Years Run is we don’t know where Eddie is going to take us, or what we are going to see... It’s like a mini JKX.... but for amateurs. Lol

This is a big reason why it’s my favorite run of the year. And it’s always nice to reconnect with friends and make new ones. Crossing fingers.

Top Bottom