2021 WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run

Ddays

Hooked
Howzit...I’m Ed...very much looking forward to making this run. I’ll be in either my 2016 JK6 two door or the 2014 Brute pickup...looking forward to seeing some familiar faces as well as some new ones...

Fishing in Australia I see? ;)

Dale72

Hooked
Sure wish I had everything for my jeep and have it on. So I could make this but it's still going to be a couple months before I can get everything

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Sure wish I had everything for my jeep and have it on. So I could make this but it's still going to be a couple months before I can get everything

The New Years kick off run can be done stock. We did the '19 run with only a few thousand miles on the new JL.
Come on out and enjoy the company, and enjoy what the Jeep can do just as it sits.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATES
Until or unless something forces us to change things, we setting Saturday, January 9, 2021 to be the day of the run. Starting point is still to be determined.

LIST
Okay, I just updated the list and need to point out that I did NOT include people who did not follow the rules. There's still time and if you want to be included, please go back, re-read what I requested you do and post up.

COVID
Also, I need to point out that if COVID is something you're concerned about, please DO NOT sign up for this run. I understand that the threat is real, I'm sympathetic of your fears and would encourage you to do what is necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones. On this run, we will NOT be enforcing social distancing rules and will not be asking people to wear a mask. What you can expect is people like me shaking your hand, giving big hugs and talking to you in large groups, just like we always do.

COMMS
Regarding Race Radios, there is still plenty of time to buy one. A good handheld like the kind PCI and Rugged Radios make work surprisingly well, are affordable and all you really need. For the most part, we will ask that you at least have Weatherman which is 151.625 and pretty much all race radios come with. If you have the ability to program channels, we also use 151.250 and 151.430.

Brute

Hooked
Great to see you enjoying my favorite place on earth and the town I grew up in Ed. How were they bittin? It’s been a minute since I fished middle fork.

It was cold and only had two takes, one in the net...but I watched deer come down to the river to drink, an eagle getting harassed by ravens overhead, and the only other sound was the gurgling of the river...which I had all to myself. It's not about the catching...

It was cold and only had two takes, one in the net...but I watched deer come down to the river to drink, an eagle getting harassed by ravens overhead, and the only other sound was the gurgling of the river...which I had all to myself. It's not about the catching...

Well shit Ed... sounds like a perfect day.

bhaner

UPDATES
we setting Saturday, January 9, 2021 to be the day of the run. Starting point is still to be determined.

Dang. :(

I thought this was going to be a New Years day run. Taking that week off would be easy. The following week not so much.

Is there any chance it could be on the 1st?

treys1

UPDATES
Until or unless something forces us to change things, we setting Saturday, January 9, 2021 to be the day of the run. Starting point is still to be determined.

Is the run that single day? So for the people traveling a little farther, expect to travel to the start point on Jan 8th and head out on Jan 10th? Need to make sure I schedule PTO correctly.

Thanks!

I thought this was going to be a New Years day run. Taking that week off would be easy. The following week not so much.

It’s usually if not always the full weekend following New Years. Sometimes it’s directly following it but not always.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sorry. Typically, we do this on the first Saturday following New Year's Day and that would be the 2nd this year. However, it would be difficult for Cindy and I to make that one.

Dale72

Hooked
The New Years kick off run can be done stock. We did the '19 run with only a few thousand miles on the new JL.
Come on out and enjoy the company, and enjoy what the Jeep can do just as it sits.
Yeah I would love to make it to this but with it being 2 weeks after Christmas and with it being 1800 miles over there I can't take that much time off from work

treys1

Sorry. Typically, we do this on the first Saturday following New Year's Day and that would be the 2nd this year. However, it would be difficult for Cindy and I to make that one.

That would be easier as I'm already burning the last of my 2020 PTO... But why not burn some of that fresh 2021 PTO, right? :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the run that single day? So for the people traveling a little farther, expect to travel to the start point on Jan 8th and head out on Jan 10th? Need to make sure I schedule PTO correctly.

Thanks!

Correct. Assuming hotels aren't closed down, most of us will gather the night before at or near the starting point. While we have done 2 day runs in the past, most have just been a 2 day run and this year will be the same.

Top Bottom