2021 WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run

rubiDave

UPDATES
Until or unless something forces us to change things, we setting Saturday, January 9, 2021 to be the day of the run. Starting point is still to be determined.

LIST
Okay, I just updated the list and need to point out that I did NOT include people who did not follow the rules. There's still time and if you want to be included, please go back, re-read what I requested you do and post up.

COVID
Also, I need to point out that if COVID is something you're concerned about, please DO NOT sign up for this run. I understand that the threat is real, I'm sympathetic of your fears and would encourage you to do what is necessary to protect yourself and your loved ones. On this run, we will NOT be enforcing social distancing rules and will not be asking people to wear a mask. What you can expect is people like me shaking your hand, giving big hugs and talking to you in large groups, just like we always do.

COMMS
Regarding Race Radios, there is still plenty of time to buy one. A good handheld like the kind PCI and Rugged Radios make work surprisingly well, are affordable and all you really need. For the most part, we will ask that you at least have Weatherman which is 151.625 and pretty much all race radios come with. If you have the ability to program channels, we also use 151.250 and 151.430.

UPDATES

LIST
Okay, I just updated the list and need to point out that I did NOT include people who did not follow the rules. There's still time and if you want to be included, please go back, re-read what I requested you do and post up.

Its not that I can't read, I was just a little retarded yesterday.

Let's try a do over.

I'm Dave. I've got a 2014 JKR 2 door. 3 inch lift on 35s. The last new years run was a blast and I'm ready to do it again. This time my wife Mindy & 2 pooches may join in. 20201203_052019.jpg 20201202_185312.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Casey, I don't think you can program your own frequency on the newer Rugged V3 without buying a $50 software package and the wire using a computer... Only The older Rugged model and equivilant Baofeng units can be changed on the fly.... I think.

Oof... thanks for the heads up. I’ll double check and take care of that. Thank you sir [emoji482]

Brute

Hooked
Oof... thanks for the heads up. I’ll double check and take care of that. Thank you sir [emoji482]

I've just emailed Rugged about their preprogrammed frequencies for the V3 since I'm getting one...fairly certain (but not 100%) that weatherman 151.625 is preprogrammed...checking on the other two frequencies...

TrailHunter

Hooked
I've just emailed Rugged about their preprogrammed frequencies for the V3 since I'm getting one...fairly certain (but not 100%) that weatherman 151.625 is preprogrammed...checking on the other two frequencies...

From the list I saw online... the other 2 channels are not. So you would need to buy the software & cable to program it... I think I might get the Baofeng UV-82... (there are different kits on amazon that include bigger batteries as well)... its what PCI sells. I wouldn’t mind getting the Rugged V3 but not being able to add a new frequency on the fly is kind of a deal breaker. Rugged also sells their new ABH7 for $200... that one you can change the frequency... but the accessories for it are minimal.

MericaMade

Weather man along with a few others are. Google Rugged Radios frequencies it will show you a list of pre programed channels for handhelds and base stations like the RM60.

Brute

Hooked
From the list I saw online... the other 2 channels are not. So you would need to buy the software & cable to program it... I think I might get the Baofeng UV-82... (there are different kits on amazon that include bigger batteries as well)... its what PCI sells. I wouldn’t mind getting the Rugged V3 but not being able to add a new frequency on the fly is kind of a deal breaker. Rugged also sells their new ABH7 for $200... that one you can change the frequency... but the accessories for it are minimal.

I may have to check that radio out...

treys1

I may have to check that radio out...

Here is what I went with if you are interested:

Seems like the radio went up a few bucks over night (probably from all the sales to us!), but it still seemed like a solid deal. From what I understand you can do manual programming without the cable, but for $8, I wanted the ability to name the channels and check the rest of the software out. I actually picked up 2 of the radios and antennas to have a set for other things as well since I never had good luck with the ~$100 sets of FRS/GMRS radios. Everything I have read after diving in based on this requirement, these Inexpensive radios with a halfway decent antenna do pretty damn good as walkie talkies.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE
Okay, list has been updated and I'm about to cap it. Please check the first post on this thread to make sure that I got your name on it. Also, I do need to point out that a few people have NOT followed what I stated is required to join in on this run and so those names have not been included. There is still is a bit of time to fix this though but just a bit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Too old to camp ?

LOL - seems to me that you tried to do this once before with Adam and said that you would never do it again. But hey, nobody is stopping you. Just know that it's getting into the low 30's out here and we've even seen it get down into the low 20's just last weekend.

Dale72

Hooked
Sure wish I could make this but I have been home longer than what I wanted to be for Thanksgiving. And freight is normal really slow from now until the middle of January. So money is going to be really slow for about 2 months

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom