315 on stock rack for a while? Also, what rear tire carrier to keep factor hitch?

threaddirection9xa_zpsyskadw3n.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Hilarious!

I guess I will keep my opinion to myself. So many greater minds out there. I don't wheel as hard as the rest of you so my option worked for me.

35 inch Nittos on factory rims with spare mounted on factory carrier. Have the daystar isolators. Been working great for about 10k miles or so. Next will probably be some ATX Slabs with the 35s and the factory carrier as the center bore on the factory rims wont work on the EVO carrier, so Ill have to get the Slabs before the carrier.

I'm running one until i can afford to shell out $1500-$1600 rear bumper with a tire carrier along with a heavier tire , and have had no issues with it, paid $129 for it, and it's years light better than the Pepsi can thin shaped factory tire carrier piece of $hit. I'm hanging a BFG 285/70/17 back there, just a baby tire that is probably 58lbs or so heavy, the wheel is around 25lbs, so i'm just couple of pounds heavier than a factory 18" Jeep wheel/tire, the way the spare is supported is better than stock, especially if you're running an aftermarket wheel with non-factory backspace, i prefer my chinese POS carrier than the factory one made in a 3rd world country or who knows where Chrysler is outsourcing the part from, with extended bumpstops. i'll probably use it with a 35 tops that it wasn't very heavy temporarily, but for anything heavier than 95-100lbsor so, i'll make the investment to something better, more likely a tire carrier mounted in the bumper from LoD, Poison Spyder, etc. The SB carrier weights around 25lbs, the factory one is like 2lb total weight, lol seriously, i can't think why someone will say that thing with extended bumpstops is worth anything, the factory piece is not worth its weight filled up with cow $hit in a plastic bucket, take it off and touch that thing out with your hands for crying out loud, you could probably break it just staring at it, i couldn't believe it until i had it in my hands :icon_crazy:
I think the TF unit is too expensive for what is, and ultimately a bumper with the tire carrier is a better way to go, i can't justify the investment just yet and the reason i have this mount for now, it works extremely good for that it cost compared to stock, but again, my wheel/tire combo is around 80lbs.

lol, all this rant and no solid reason as to why the stock carrier is no good other than it's lightweight.
i carried my BFG KO 315 for 4yrs+ well over 90k miles and not a thing wrong with the carrier nor the tailgate.
i guess some people are just gullible and buy into all the marketing hype about how stock is crap and it should be replaced as soon as possible. makes sense to go spend unnecessarily to save up for something else.
better go enlighten the engineers on the err of their designs. :naw:

I guess I will keep my opinion to myself. So many greater minds out there. I don't wheel as hard as the rest of you so my option worked for me.

Unfortunately it's not about wheeling hard that the breakage derived from on carrier make you have but about the weight I believe. Wheeling hard could aggravate week areas though. If it works for you then it works for you but when so many come to the site for advice looking for a quality product it's important that sound information is being put out there because people are making buying decisions based on that information. To address the "greater minds" that's a cheap shot. That guy earlier was being flat out rude. The reality is some people do have more experience than others translating to more knowledge than others.

lol, all this rant and no solid reason as to why the stock carrier is no good other than it's lightweight.
i carried my BFG KO 315 for 4yrs+ well over 90k miles and not a thing wrong with the carrier nor the tailgate.
i guess some people are just gullible and buy into all the marketing hype about how stock is crap and it should be replaced as soon as possible. makes sense to go spend unnecessarily to save up for something else.
better go enlighten the engineers on the err of their designs. :naw:

The most solid reason is printed in the operators manual, page 549 in the 2013's, that value changed in 2015, so funny to think how some morons could have thought hey could get away with hanging a 37" tire/wheel in the factory mount if shit kicks the fan in front of their insurance company, or worst, in front of a judge, i'm sure articulating about the straps in the mounts, and all the fabulous experiences from some of the people who obviously can't wait to massage the moderator balls in this site will help the cause too, bravo for all of those who have the courage to do it, and in the same way, help promote such a bad azz factory design of a carrier.
Wonder why Jeep doesn't up the ratings of such a heavy duty piece of equipment ?
I don't need to "enligthen" the engineers, some of you need to learn how to read and understand factory capacities, the factory mount suck balls because the manufacturer won't rate it with a much higher capacity, and i'm sure they know a thing or two about that mount, whether it has internal straps, and "evolander" certified it can hold 37" tires for a year is irrelevant for purposes of defendind yourself against a lawsuit, plain and simple. You'll have to be an idiot to believe in that mount, but whatever rock your azzes.
And for all the ball lickers and especially you moderator, FACK YOU all, :beer:

The most solid reason is printed in the operators manual, page 549 in the 2013's, that value changed in 2015, so funny to think how some morons could have thought hey could get away with hanging a 37" tire/wheel in the factory mount if shit kicks the fan in front of their insurance company, or worst, in front of a judge, i'm sure articulating about the straps in the mounts, and all the fabulous experiences from some of the people who obviously can't wait to massage the moderator balls in this site will help the cause too, bravo for all of those who have the courage to do it, and in the same way, help promote such a bad azz factory design of a carrier.
Wonder why Jeep doesn't up the ratings of such a heavy duty piece of equipment ?
I don't need to "enligthen" the engineers, some of you need to learn how to read and understand factory capacities, the factory mount suck balls because the manufacturer won't rate it with a much higher capacity, and i'm sure they know a thing or two about that mount, whether it has internal straps, and "evolander" certified it can hold 37" tires for a year is irrelevant for purposes of defendind yourself against a lawsuit, plain and simple. You'll have to be an idiot to believe in that mount, but whatever rock your azzes.

I guess you're more of a visual person so here you are...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446014566.861952.jpg.

Rear bumper,w/tire carrier

I run a Expedition One rear bumper, got 35x12:50 on it and has held up great on road and trails,, I spent more than I wanted to, but the safety part of the tire breaking and coming off is not going to happen with this bumper,
I would recommend you look at them.
is quiet as well on or off road.

well, if the OP were asking about a 37 on the factory carrier it might be an issue but he is asking about a 315 which the carrier is capable of carrying.

so.... maybe you should take your own advice about "learning to read"

Wow. You're not just ignorant, you're retarded.

It's just have hurt to write all of that. I see it took you all day as well.

Last edited:

Holy run on sentence! Learn to use a fucking period once and a while.

I do notice a very high bashing vs. informative post ratio here.

:cheesy: You asked if it was safe to run the 315 on a stock tire carrier OR if you should get the TF tire carrier.

Mulitple people, including myself, told you it was fine to run on the back as long as you isolate it properly and yet you opted say you were going to spend $700 dollars on a shitty carrier. Not just a shitty carrier, but one were the manufacture of said shitty tire carrier has BLAMED the customer for their failures. And yet, they still redesigned it. :thinking:

Sorry if my impression of you is that you aren't that smart.

I'll take my chances with the TF and see how it goes. If it breaks and my tire goes bouncing down the beltway, then I'll come back and eat crow. Insulting someone's intelligence based on buying a tire carrier on a jeep forum is pretty lame.

I'll take my chances with the TF and see how it goes. If it breaks and my tire goes bouncing down the beltway, then I'll come back and eat crow. Insulting someone's intelligence based on buying a tire carrier on a jeep forum is pretty lame.

That's good that you will admit you're wrong but what happens to the guy in the car behind you that your tire hits? How do you apologize to someone that's dead?

Top Bottom