315 on stock rack for a while? Also, what rear tire carrier to keep factor hitch?

I'll take my chances with the TF and see how it goes. If it breaks and my tire goes bouncing down the beltway, then I'll come back and eat crow. Insulting someone's intelligence based on buying a tire carrier on a jeep forum is pretty lame.

Yup, I absolutely insult anyone who willfully puts other people in danger. Your tire won't just break off of your Jeep dumbass, it will most likely fly into someone elses car who is behind you. At least the stock one will be held by the safety straps.

2015-10-28_10-08-23.jpg

I do notice a very high bashing vs. informative post ratio here.

Right?!? It started out fine, then someone said something "sucks" or is a "piece of shit" or a "Chinese piece of crap" (which, is a pretty poor way of using quantifiable data to come to a conclusion of a product, but what do I know? I tune people out when they describe something as a "piece of shit" when they can't say why, or call it a "Chinese Piece of crap", you make yourself sound unintelligent but I digress) then someone got butt hurt, then someone pulled their dick out then the other guy pulled his out and before we knew it we had a bunch of grown men trying to belittle each other over a tire carrier.

Usually a moderator would say "hey guys, that's enough, cut the crap and stay on topic" rather than allowing the preschoolers to run around cutting each other's hair. There's what? 8 pages to this thread and only 1 is actually pertinent to the OP's question?

Right?!? It started out fine, then someone said something "sucks" or is a "piece of shit" or a "Chinese piece of crap" (which, is a pretty poor way of using quantifiable data to come to a conclusion of a product, but what do I know? I tune people out when they describe something as a "piece of shit" when they can't say why, or call it a "Chinese Piece of crap", you make yourself sound unintelligent but I digress) then someone got butt hurt, then someone pulled their dick out then the other guy pulled his out and before we knew it we had a bunch of grown men trying to belittle each other over a tire carrier.

Usually a moderator would say "hey guys, that's enough, cut the crap and stay on topic" rather than allowing the preschoolers to run around cutting each other's hair. There's what? 8 pages to this thread and only 1 is actually pertinent to the OP's question?

Cut the crap and stay on topic. If you don't like what's going on in this thread, don't read it.

OP asked about the stock tire carrier: I've provided evidence and examples of it supporting a 35 and a 37.

You have done nothing but bitch. Edit: Not all of your posts in this thread are complaining. Just the recent ones.

Last edited:
I guess I will keep my opinion to myself. So many greater minds out there. I don't wheel as hard as the rest of you so my option worked for me.

Clearly, the only opinion that matters to you is your own. Of course, god forbid if anyone else offers up their opinion as it might get someone butthurt. :rolleyes2:

The most solid reason is printed in the operators manual, page 549 in the 2013's, that value changed in 2015, so funny to think how some morons could have thought hey could get away with hanging a 37" tire/wheel in the factory mount if shit kicks the fan in front of their insurance company, or worst, in front of a judge, i'm sure articulating about the straps in the mounts, and all the fabulous experiences from some of the people who obviously can't wait to massage the moderator balls in this site will help the cause too, bravo for all of those who have the courage to do it, and in the same way, help promote such a bad azz factory design of a carrier.
Wonder why Jeep doesn't up the ratings of such a heavy duty piece of equipment ?
I don't need to "enligthen" the engineers, some of you need to learn how to read and understand factory capacities, the factory mount suck balls because the manufacturer won't rate it with a much higher capacity, and i'm sure they know a thing or two about that mount, whether it has internal straps, and "evolander" certified it can hold 37" tires for a year is irrelevant for purposes of defendind yourself against a lawsuit, plain and simple. You'll have to be an idiot to believe in that mount, but whatever rock your azzes.
And for all the ball lickers and especially you moderator, FACK YOU all, :beer:

Ummm, does that mean you're finally leaving then? If so, please don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave :yup:

Yup, I absolutely insult anyone who willfully puts other people in danger. Your tire won't just break off of your Jeep dumbass, it will most likely fly into someone elses car who is behind you. At least the stock one will be held by the safety straps.

View attachment 171386

Couldn't you add a safety strap to any tire carrier? Or a secondary safety line to the tire's wheel to ensure it doesn't fall into traffic if the carrier breaks? That way no matter what carrier you run, you'll always have a backup? Then the entire concern of killing people behind you on the freeway is mitigated.

I don't care that people are feeling insulted (I have a hurt feeling's report I use on my Soldier's if anyone wants one) but I have never heard of a tire breaking off of it's carrier on the road. I've heard of them breaking on the trail (never seen it myself) but not on the road, and furthermore never the case of an injured person because a Jeep's tire broke loose. Where is all of this concern coming from? Does anyone have any factual information of when a tire broke away from a Jeep on a public motorway?

Welcome to Wayalife! I can speak for myself as well as the other mods and say that you will almost never see us say something like that especially on a thread like this. Yes the factory mount is plenty strong. Yes the teraflex carrier is a $700 Chinese piece of shit. If your worried about having the tire on the tailgate then spend the $700 on a really carrier like aev, or fab, genright, etc and not the shitty teraflex carrier.

Couldn't you add a safety strap to any tire carrier? Or a secondary safety line to the tire's wheel to ensure it doesn't fall into traffic if the carrier breaks? That way no matter what carrier you run, you'll always have a backup? Then the entire concern of killing people behind you on the freeway is mitigated.

Why would you buy something that you have to spend more money on just to make it safe?! The stock tire carrier is already on your Jeep.

I guess you're more of a visual person so here you are...

View attachment 171361.

:cheesy: You kill me :clap2:

I do notice a very high bashing vs. informative post ratio here.

LOL!! You'll forgive me but just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean the FACTUAL information based on real life EXPERIENCE that is being shared is "bashing".

I'll take my chances with the TF and see how it goes. If it breaks and my tire goes bouncing down the beltway, then I'll come back and eat crow. Insulting someone's intelligence based on buying a tire carrier on a jeep forum is pretty lame.

Fair enough. Please make no attempt to ever join us on a run. Your complete disregard for the safety of others will be unwelcome.

Right?!? It started out fine, then someone said something you didn't like and in a manner that you didn't agree with and then someone got butthurt, then someone pulled their dick out then the other guy pulled his out and before we knew it we had a bunch of grown men trying to belittle each other over a tire carrier.

Usually a grown man who self-righteously declares how he normally "tunes people out" when they hear something they don't like does just that but clearly, you're a fanboy who felt compelled to add to the 8 pages of this thread and of course, only the one you agree with is pertinent to the OP's question.

Why would you buy something that you have to spend more money on just to make it safe?! The stock tire carrier is already on your Jeep.

So I don't wreck the tail gate rivets on my new jeep. I've seen way more pics and reports on ruined tailgates than I have about tires popping off a teraflex carrier (that haven't had the entire weight of the jeep break it on a drop-off).

So I don't wreck the tail gate rivets on my new jeep. I've seen way more pics and reports on ruined tailgates than I have about tires popping off a teraflex carrier (that haven't had the entire weight of the jeep break it on a drop-off).

As stated multiple times, when you properly extend your spare tire isolations, preventing your tire from rattling and properly securing it (just like it is from the factory) you do not ruin your tailgate.

I went ahead and buy the bullet on a poison spyder about 6 months ago, at first I wasn't sold on it (due to install and powder coating) but after getting it aligned just right I've loved it. Super tough and looks really cool on the back! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446044296.406930.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446044311.462475.jpg

I went ahead and buy the bullet on a poison spyder about 6 months ago, at first I wasn't sold on it (due to install and powder coating) but after getting it aligned just right I've loved it. Super tough and looks really cool on the back!

Also forgot to mention its holding a set of 37/13.50/17 Toyo MT's on stock wheels, all I had to do was custom fit a good inch spacer and bolt it into the carrier then used lock nuts to hold it

Really you guys? In no way was I bitching or complaining, I was responding to the OP and his observation of the lack of useful information (his opinion) in his thread and speaking in generalities about my observations here. Don't all of you (moderators) speak from what you see and observe? I'm doing the same thing. Did you guys take that personal or something? Eddie, calling me a fanboy for saying how I tune people out for how they describe things? I tune them out by not responding to them, I can still respond to others in the same thread. It's obvious, you guys don't like shitty products and don't want to see other people running them, cool, great, whatever.

Really you guys? In no way was I bitching or complaining, I was responding to the OP and his observation of the lack of useful information (his opinion) in his thread and speaking in generalities about my observations here. Don't all of you (moderators) speak from what you see and observe? I'm doing the same thing. Did you guys take that personal or something? Eddie, calling me a fanboy for saying how I tune people out for how they describe things? I tune them out by not responding to them, I can still respond to others in the same thread. It's obvious, you guys don't like shitty products and don't want to see other people running them, cool, great, whatever.

Really? Your still here, bitching and complaining? Weird.

Thin skin?

Funny, sure sounded like you were doing a whole lot of bitching and complaining about the words people choose to use to describe a product you're a fan of and about how the moderators don't do what you think they should do. But hey, what I do know.

Of course I'm still here, I'm on deployment overseas with nothing else to do and this is too damn entertaining. We'll just have agree to disagree. Reading other's typed responses never portrays intended emotion or lack there of, On to the next one.

315 on stock rack for a while? Also, what rear tire carrier to keep factor h...

Sure is hard to read the info in this thread with all this senseless arguing... Can anyone tell me how I need to run a 315/70r17 on a stock wheel on the stock carrier? Do I need some sort of extension or what I know I need the daystar bumpstop extensions

Top Bottom