315 on stock rack for a while? Also, what rear tire carrier to keep factor hitch?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm running one until i can afford to shell out $1500-$1600 rear bumper with a tire carrier along with a heavier tire , and have had no issues with it, paid $129 for it, and it's years light better than the Pepsi can thin shaped factory tire carrier piece of $hit. I'm hanging a BFG 285/70/17 back there, just a baby tire that is probably 58lbs or so heavy, the wheel is around 25lbs, so i'm just couple of pounds heavier than a factory 18" Jeep wheel/tire, the way the spare is supported is better than stock, especially if you're running an aftermarket wheel with non-factory backspace, i prefer my chinese POS carrier than the factory one made in a 3rd world country or who knows where Chrysler is outsourcing the part from, with extended bumpstops. i'll probably use it with a 35 tops that it wasn't very heavy temporarily, but for anything heavier than 95-100lbsor so, i'll make the investment to something better, more likely a tire carrier mounted in the bumper from LoD, Poison Spyder, etc. The SB carrier weights around 25lbs, the factory one is like 2lb total weight, lol seriously, i can't think why someone will say that thing with extended bumpstops is worth anything, the factory piece is not worth its weight filled up with cow $hit in a plastic bucket, take it off and touch that thing out with your hands for crying out loud, you could probably break it just staring at it, i couldn't believe it until i had it in my hands :icon_crazy:
I think the TF unit is too expensive for what is, and ultimately a bumper with the tire carrier is a better way to go, i can't justify the investment just yet and the reason i have this mount for now, it works extremely good for that it cost compared to stock, but again, my wheel/tire combo is around 80lbs.

OMG! :shock:

I can't believe someone is this ignorant.

sassmouth

Speaking of rear tire carriers….has anyone used or any thoughts on the HighRock 4x4™ Oversize Tire Carrier by Bestop? They claim it can carry a 37" 200 lb. tire.

I have that carrier and I like it. I have been using it with 35s for 2years. I have the heavy pair of 35 Nittos and ATX slabs on it now with no issues. I did have to add some horizontal steel tubes to it though to snug down the tire good and tight.

rsmwrangler

You can't think of why someone would say that because you have NO experience running that setup. The most you can do is make assumptions about things you don't understand like what the factory tire carrier is actually made of and have beliefs as to how easily it can be broken without having any evidence to prove as much. Of course, "belief" is after all, "having faith in that which you cannot see".

Lol, I couldn't have said it myself better, I've opted not to run such a piece of $hit myself, and i hope you won't be loosing any sleep over such idiocy.
If it makes you feel better proving to anybody how sturdy the factory mount is, by all means go for it, i'm up at this moment for a lot better and more exciting things to do than engaging in a internet word for word fight over a a factory tire carrier, and how sturdy it is just because you said it, crap, i'll put it back, and run the Baja race with it, whatever to make you feel happy today there chief..

rsmwrangler

OMG! :shock:

I can't believe someone is this ignorant.

Wow, i guess i could have some fun today playing the e-thug wars over what again ? a tire carrier ?
i differ from the the admin opinion, and some of the ball lickers around, and that made me an ignorant,? Ignorant i'm then, i've been called worst before, sure the content of what it's been discussed is soooo much important we would be defining policy and legislation for the next 3 years based on this..

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Wow, i guess i could have some fun today playing the e-thug wars over what again ? a tire carrier ?
i differ from the the admin opinion, and some of the ball lickers around, and that made me an ignorant,? Ignorant i'm then, i've been called worst before, sure the content of what it's been discussed is soooo much important we would be defining policy and legislation for the next 3 years based on this..

Simple fuck off work better for you?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, I couldn't have said it myself better, I've opted not to run such a piece of $hit myself, and i hope you won't be loosing any sleep over such idiocy.
If it makes you feel better proving to anybody how sturdy the factory mount is, by all means go for it, i'm up at this moment for a lot better and more exciting things to do than engaging in a internet word for word fight over a a factory tire carrier, and how sturdy it is just because you said it, crap, i'll put it back, and run the Baja race with it, whatever to make you feel happy today there chief..

LOL!! No need to get your panties all in a bunch boss, I was just calling it like I saw it but hey, what would I know.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

You wanted evidence, here you go.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?20259-The-JK-Factory-Tire-Carrier-Sucks!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Ya know, maybe you should go lie down for a bit.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

You are a special kind of ignorant aren't you. And no, it isn't because you "differ from the admin opinion". Its because YOUR opinion is based in ignorance.... :crazyeyes:

Trail JK

i can't think why someone will say that thing with extended bumpstops is worth anything, the factory piece is not worth its weight filled up with cow $hit in a plastic bucket, take it off and touch that thing out with your hands for crying out loud, you could probably break it just staring at it, i couldn't believe it until i had it in my hands :icon_crazy:

If you knew anything about running the factory mount then you would know that it has 2 safety straps connected to the studs to the tail gate so the tire can't fall off even if the mount breaks.

My patience is growing thin when it comes to rude assholes.

So fuck off there chief.

rsmwrangler

Ya know, maybe you should go lie down for a bit.

Yeah, i think you're right, anything else i could do for you ?? it seems i'm rubbing some sort of issue here? power demonstration maybe ? please let me know where all the attacks are based from because i'm clueless to where you've taken the contest of your words here. i differed from you point of view, which i didn't even know i did until i went back to see you said it, lol, do i need a "lecture" from you ? or the other guy ? for real ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, i think you're right, anything else i could do for you ?? it seems i'm rubbing some sort of issue here? power demonstration maybe ? please let me know where all the attacks are based from because i'm clueless to where you've taken the contest of your words here. i differed from you point of view, which i didn't even know i did until i went back to see you said it, lol, do i need a "lecture" from you ? or the other guy ? for real ?

:cheesy: Yeah, I think you're right, anything else I can do for you? It seems that I'm rubbing some sort of issue with you here - need to demonstrate your power or something? Please let me know where all the attacks are based from because I have no idea why you seem to be so pissy and are choosing to express it with your lack of intelligence. I simply differed from your point of view of which I explained as much in my very first response to you but apparently, you seem to be a bit slow. It's all good though, seems like you like to hear yourself shoot your mouth off and hey, it's the internet so, I'm sure we'll be hearing more from you. :crazyeyes:

Flynlo

threaddirection9xa_zpsyskadw3n.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

I find it funny how everyone that comes to this website and disagrees with the majority thinking we are just ganging up on them. It's not about that, it's about one persons opinion against another. We need a butt hurt disclaimer on the sign up. Why do they keep replying, do they really think they are going to say something that stops the majority in their tracks? Pay attention to the people who have been on this forum for a long time. When they saying something wrong they don't keep replying trying to defend what was said. They admit they answered before they checked their facts.

Ok, carry on, it's making my day more entertaining :cheesy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom