392 Extreme Recon ?

benatc1

Hooked
I’d have to say buy it, assuming you can and want to. if you’re looking for a JL, this is the way to go if you want V8 power, which you already are accustomed to. I love my new JL and the only thing I would swap it for is a 392, but I don’t have the need for V8 power, I didn’t want to spend the money either, happy I didn’t, but I also don’t know what I’m missing out on. I can always swap later but total cost would be more than the 392. So I guess it can depend on your future plans. I agree with brute, deduct price for doors if you can

AZVAJKU

Hooked
So I’ve been bitten by the 392 bug and have a couple questions. I found a basically new 2022 Extreme Recon 392 for $85K and some change.
Is that a fair price?
How well do you think these will hold there value since they are going away?
Are there any major defects that I should be aware of.
For Those that have them are they worth it ?
Thanks

I love my 392!

Having the JK with MOTECH LT1, 10-speed and Double Throwdown/EVO Lever the 392 fills a different requirement for me. The 392 is more like a Jeep muscle car. Yes the future value is a consideration for me, however it’s mostly about having fun and telling the Gov’mint Green ‘Man’ to Fuck Off.

I’ll never go full off-road retard on the 392 like I did with the JK. I’ll do a few mods but 35-inch tires will be as big as I go. As far as spare parts go those will be available far past my life span and I plan on hanging out for years to come.

Dude, if you want one I say get one! You can do more mods on the JK later but the 392’s will only become less accessible.

Don’t deny yourself! Use the Gov’mint excuse and call it an ‘investment’ and say its for the children! 😜

Dale72

Hooked
The last time I saw a new 392 at the dealership by me was a year ago and it was listed for just under 100k. When I traded my blue JTS for the JTR I have now I almost traded it for another JLUR, and would eventually put a 392 swap in it. Since I don't put a lot of miles on mine, I'm going to keep this JT for a while and put a V8 in it in a few years.

JT@623

Hooked
I love my 392!

Having the JK with MOTECH LT1, 10-speed and Double Throwdown/EVO Lever the 392 fills a different requirement for me. The 392 is more like a Jeep muscle car. Yes the future value is a consideration for me, however it’s mostly about having fun and telling the Gov’mint Green ‘Man’ to Fuck Off.

I’ll never go full off-road retard on the 392 like I did with the JK. I’ll do a few mods but 35-inch tires will be as big as I go. As far as spare parts go those will be available far past my life span and I plan on hanging out for years to come.

Dude, if you want one I say get one! You can do more mods on the JK later but the 392’s will only become less accessible.

Don’t deny yourself! Use the Gov’mint excuse and call it an ‘investment’ and say its for the children! 😜
You read my mind the JK is for the wheelin trips the 392 would be to go to town and get ice cream 🤣

I love my 392!

Think you are starting to even convince me HAHA

JT@623

Hooked
Buy it…you won’t regret it…and tell them to take the price of the half doors off since they are not with the jeep.
Agree with Brute on this; have them knock the price down since they already sold the doors.
I did call and they were willing to knock of the price of the doors 🙄 I’m going to sleep on it but a pretty good chance I’ll be driving it home in the morning 🤣

Top Bottom