71 Corvette Stingray

Strainger

Caught the Bug
That's a great "gift"!! I love your idea of leaving just the way it is. Get it in reliable driving shape and have a blast with it. I will say older Vettes are a different car to drive with the front end being so long they take a little getting used to. HAVE FUN!!

No kidding. A Marine Corps buddy of mine had one waiting for him when he got home from Vietnam. I asked him why he didn't drive it on base and show it off. He told me he would when it got out of the body shop.

Seems his garage door was a lot closer with that long nosed rocket coming in hot from a run to the liquor store to celebrate. He splintered that front end within an hour of getting behind the wheel. Drive carefully my friend. ;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Very nice! Makes me want to pick out my sports car that I can give to my kids someday. Think they'll even have gasoline in 30 years,

Ddays

Hooked
So after sitting 15 years or so, how did it holdup mechanically? Brakes, brake lines, all that shit? Cosmetically it looks awesome. How cool to be able to wash it and it comes out looking fantastic like that man.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So after sitting 15 years or so, how did it holdup mechanically? Brakes, brake lines, all that shit? Cosmetically it looks awesome. How cool to be able to wash it and it comes out looking fantastic like that man.

I've been scared to look. It has some scale rust on the suspension and brakes. More than likely new lines, booster, pads, master cylinder etc.

The carb needs rebuilt, plug wires are cracked, the starter needs replaced, exhaust is junk, the list goes on..

At some point a lower radiator hose popped so it has not had antifreeze in awhile. I'm sure I'll get it running and spin a bearing or something shortly after.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just started catching up on things when I came across this thread! So awesome that you started it and sweet ride! :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
I've been scared to look. It has some scale rust on the suspension and brakes. More than likely new lines, booster, pads, master cylinder etc.

The carb needs rebuilt, plug wires are cracked, the starter needs replaced, exhaust is junk, the list goes on..

At some point a lower radiator hose popped so it has not had antifreeze in awhile. I'm sure I'll get it running and spin a bearing or something shortly after.

Ugh, typical eastern bullshit we get back here...:icon_crazy: Bet you don;t miss that shit. Well, at least its something worth rebuilding. Jeep looks great on the Mud Graps BTW.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Ugh, typical eastern bullshit we get back here...:icon_crazy: Bet you don;t miss that shit. Well, at least its something worth rebuilding. Jeep looks great on the Mud Graps BTW.

I was really scared pulling it out of the garage. East coast kills everything. It was drove in the winter in the 80's from the looks of it
[emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji90][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Top Bottom