71 Corvette Stingray

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well I started on the brakes first. It's hard to push and I can see why. Little rust from Ohio.

The good thing is the brakes caliper function great, the rubber isn't cracked. For the most part all the rubber on car is still soft.

I will be replacing all the brake lines and master cylinder.

Pads are new and looks like barely used.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474292890.764833.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474292905.328221.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Holy rust batman !!!!

Yeah, don't you just love that bullshit we have to deal with over here? Sucks. That's why you rarely see unrestored vehicles from the 60's & 70's worth a shit over here. Between the climate & the road salt/brine they throw down before it even snows, nothing lasts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I started on the brakes first. It's hard to push and I can see why. Little rust from Ohio.

The good thing is the brakes caliper function great, the rubber isn't cracked. For the most part all the rubber on car is still soft.

I will be replacing all the brake lines and master cylinder.

Pads are new and looks like barely used.

Holy hell! Good thing that car is mostly glass :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yeah, don't you just love that bullshit we have to deal with over here? Sucks. That's why you rarely see unrestored vehicles from the 60's & 70's worth a shit over here. Between the climate & the road salt/brine they throw down before it even snows, nothing lasts.

I'm glad it's been garaged since the 90's. If it was driven, there would be nothing left.

This rust is from the floor sweating and it's humid as hell back there.. [emoji26]

JeepJeep75

Hey Pig, you should look into upgraded brake calipers with O-rings and stainless sleeves. The old lip-seal calipers will eventually leak or worse, allow air into the caliper. These old C3's are sure sexy looking aren't they? I have a '73 with a healthy cam, headers, and flowmasters. It's loud and sounds great, as it should. It's not the fastest car on the road but the symphony of noise coming out the back is awesome! I highly recommend opening up the exhaust!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hey Pig, you should look into upgraded brake calipers with O-rings and stainless sleeves. The old lip-seal calipers will eventually leak or worse, allow air into the caliper. These old C3's are sure sexy looking aren't they? I have a '73 with a healthy cam, headers, and flowmasters. It's loud and sounds great, as it should. It's not the fastest car on the road but the symphony of noise coming out the back is awesome! I highly recommend opening up the exhaust!

Thank you for the feedback, I will definitely look into that.

The exhaust is shot, so I'll be looking at options. I do like the look of the show side exhaust. My old Willys with the 350 was open exhaust. I loved the sound.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No shit! Luckily it's just scaled where's it is rusted. Overall it's nothing like Ken's JK was. Nothing a little work can't cure. But I think we need a sandblast cabinet :)

:cheesy: Funny you would say as much. I was just shopping for one online myself :crazyeyes:

Luckily they don't use too much salt up here in ND because it actually gets too cold up here.

Brute

Hooked
vette.jpg vette 2.jpg vette 3.jpg

Saw this in the parking lot at the grocery store...while I'm not a big Chevy guy, I'd make an exception for a Vette...any of them.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Finally spent some time on the vette. First order is getting it up on ramps so my fat ass can fit under it.

I attempted to turn the crank over , no luck. So next step is remove to starter and distributor. My father in law had them out. So I have no idea if they are causing issues

IMG_4001.jpg

IMG_3997.jpg

Checking for proper bump stops [emoji23] yes it has them
IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

I finally hooked up a battery. All the lights work ! Power windows ? Not so much. It moved a little

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4006.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom