Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Those fender look really nice! I keep bouncing back and forth between these, PS, and Nemesis.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

In the group we were out with recently, folks were running the nemesis, the MCEs, and the bushwackers . Honestly all 3 look great . I went this route because Ddays was unloading his for a great price . Install was pretty straight forward .. just did a tiny bit of trimming for interference with the ace fender liner in the front . Has about 1.5 inches more clearance than the cut stock fenders front and back

85A83871-7C51-4F35-A128-AEDE8CE279AA.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
In the group we were out with recently, folks were running the nemesis, the MCEs, and the bushwackers . Honestly all 3 look great . I went this route because Ddays was unloading his for a great price . Install was pretty straight forward .. just did a tiny bit of trimming for interference with the ace fender liner in the front . Has about 1.5 inches more clearance than the cut stock fenders front and back

View attachment 339972

Looking good! :thumb: Man, I love Anvil - such a badass color

Ddays

Hooked
Nice. You'll probably find yourself using that for more that weekend trips. Mine is always in one of our vehicles with at least water in it. Use it a lot for trips to the grocery store too.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have the 37, and for my son and I it’s kept us stocked for 5 day runs as long as you don’t stock it full of water. Just cycle water in as you take one out. Mud been running no stop for 6 years in the back of my Jeep with no issues. The frig in my kitchen has been replaced once and repaired 3 times in the same timeframe.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have the 37, and for my son and I it’s kept us stocked for 5 day runs as long as you don’t stock it full of water. Just cycle water in as you take one out. Mud been running no stop for 6 years in the back of my Jeep with no issues. The frig in my kitchen has been replaced once and repaired 3 times in the same timeframe.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Not even the dust from hell from Windrock has stopped mine. They are a great product, when it's not on the jeep it's running 24/7 at the apartment since the fridge is so small and it has never missed a beat.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Nice. You'll probably find yourself using that for more that weekend trips. Mine is always in one of our vehicles with at least water in it. Use it a lot for trips to the grocery store too.

[emoji106] it’s already the grocery getter so assume it will end up sitting in the rig somewhat permanently

Good to hear it’s been super reliable .

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Not even the dust from hell from Windrock has stopped mine. They are a great product, when it's not on the jeep it's running 24/7 at the apartment since the fridge is so small and it has never missed a beat.

Plugged in at the apartment now and testing. All good so far .

What temp do y’all run yours at ? Mines sitting at 33 F now

WJCO

Meme King
[emoji106]

What temp do y’all run yours at ? Mines sitting at 33 F now

I put a water bottle in there and leave it for about a day. Once I start to see ice on the edges, I bump up the temp one notch warmer. Then I check the water the next day and hope the ice has gone away. Basically I keep it as cold as possible without freezing the water. I had two fridges at one point and found them to be about 5 degrees off from each other, so if I were you, find out exactly what works for you on your particular fridge.

My 50 qt sat at 27F on the screen for months while the internal temperature was more like 33F. I didn't realize until recently that the screen display can be recalibrated so it is visually more accurate.

Brute

Hooked
I put a water bottle in there and leave it for about a day. Once I start to see ice on the edges, I bump up the temp one notch warmer. Then I check the water the next day and hope the ice has gone away. Basically I keep it as cold as possible without freezing the water. I had two fridges at one point and found them to be about 5 degrees off from each other, so if I were you, find out exactly what works for you on your particular fridge.

My 50 qt sat at 27F on the screen for months while the internal temperature was more like 33F. I didn't realize until recently that the screen display can be recalibrated so it is visually more accurate.

I also run mine at 27...I put a thermometer inside and it was at 34...I didn't know you could recalibrate the display

Brute

Hooked
And refill halfway through?

If one is none, and two is one...well, you get the picture. When I take my Brute and trailer out for a weekend camping trip, I fill the 50 qt in the Brute 50/50 with beer and water, and the 63 qt in the trailer with food...and replenish the 50 qt as necessary throughout the weekend...

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
If one is none, and two is one...well, you get the picture. When I take my Brute and trailer out for a weekend camping trip, I fill the 50 qt in the Brute 50/50 with beer and water, and the 63 qt in the trailer with food...and replenish the 50 qt as necessary throughout the weekend...

You need a portable wine fridge for your trailer [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

Top Bottom