Any experience with metal cloak??

moorecb3

See My problem is, I really wanted the enforcer and do the install myself, but Im a college student so I would have to use my dads tools to do the job. And given that he works for BMW he's a perfectionist when it comes to doing work to cars and thinks suspension and gears and the two things you need to let a shop do. So now I feel like I'm back to square one with everything, and all the shops in my area only will install kits that you order from them.... Unless anyone knows any better places around the South Carolina area

moorecb3

Yes the front track bar is metal cloak its 179 for that piece, He said they could do other brands that cheaper if I wanted

noroad

See My problem is, I really wanted the enforcer and do the install myself, but Im a college student so I would have to use my dads tools to do the job. And given that he works for BMW he's a perfectionist when it comes to doing work to cars and thinks suspension and gears and the two things you need to let a shop do. So now I feel like I'm back to square one with everything, and all the shops in my area only will install kits that you order from them.... Unless anyone knows any better places around the South Carolina area

You can do most lifts in a drive way with jack stands and basic hand tools! saving tons off money for other mods and you get to learn your own jeep! As for gears that i wouldnt mess with, thats for the pros need different tools!

noroad

Yes the front track bar is metal cloak its 179 for that piece, He said they could do other brands that cheaper if I wanted

Deff get the front one you will want it, the back is the only one that i would say wait till after to see if you really need it you will be able to tell!

moorecb3

You can do most lifts in a drive way with jack stands and basic hand tools! saving tons off money for other mods and you get to learn your own jeep! As for gears that i wouldnt mess with, thats for the pros need different tools!

See thats Exactly what I want to do it bc the price of labor is like a new front bumper or something!! Maybe I gotta convince my dad help me doing it ourselves. I mean he with cars I don't see them problem. But If that does not workout what do you guys recommend?

noroad

See thats Exactly what I want to do it bc the price of labor is like a new front bumper or something!! Maybe I gotta convince my dad help me doing it ourselves. I mean he with cars I don't see them problem. But If that does not workout what do you guys recommend?

haha im 22 and when i rolled in to the drive way at home for the first time my dad asked me how long before i f'd this one up lol. (my dad did the samething as me as a kid)

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
just noticed you had a 2 door. and all you have are 33's now. when are you going to upgrade tires? soon? with a 2 door, you don't need much lift.

moorecb3

Yeah Im 21, also I think he thinks that I'm gonna screw something up, and not have the money to fix it haha.

And yes I have a two door, As soon as I get the lift I have someone thats going to buy my tires and Im going to get 35s and run those for awhile and upgrade to 37s prob when I graduate and have a real job haha

olram30

Yeah Im 21, also I think he thinks that I'm gonna screw something up, and not have the money to fix it haha.

And yes I have a two door, As soon as I get the lift I have someone thats going to buy my tires and Im going to get 35s and run those for awhile and upgrade to 37s prob when I graduate and have a real job haha

i'd say just throw on a budget boost then. until you are ready to throw on some 37" tires. there are a lot of other things you might need. axle shafts, drive shafts among other things. this jeep a sport or rubicon?

noroad

haha i was deff scared cutting my 2012 new jeep up by myself lol, but with just adding coils and control arms there really isnt much to mess up!

moorecb3

I had a taraflex BB on my last jeep and HATED it, and then got the 2.5in taraflex springs and not much better. I Really Wanna do it right the first time and have a kit that I can build on as money permits me, And something thats gonna look good with 35s but will fit 37s down the road. Haha wow that sounds complicated

olram30

I had a taraflex BB on my last jeep and HATED it, and then got the 2.5in taraflex springs and not much better. I Really Wanna do it right the first time and have a kit that I can build on as money permits me, And something thats gonna look good with 35s but will fit 37s down the road. Haha wow that sounds complicated

well, hinrich runs 37" with 3" evo springs. looks good. hope you figure it out. take your time and do it right i guess. good luck

moorecb3

well, hinrich runs 37" with 3" evo springs. looks good. hope you figure it out. take your time and do it right i guess. good luck

That was what I originally wanted until all these problems came up with getting installed... I think 3in with 37s looks perfect

noroad

That was what I originally wanted until all these problems came up with getting installed... I think 3in with 37s looks perfect

Here is mine 4.5 on 37s trails and hinrich on 3in 37s trails!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391989351.036798.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391989351.036798.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

moorecb3

Love that picture! I want 37s so bad but I don't wanna have to worry about other problems, Since I have the d30 axle. and stock driveshafts still.

Also Whats a good price for getting gears done on average?

noroad

Love that picture! I want 37s so bad but I don't wanna have to worry about other problems, Since I have the d30 axle. and stock driveshafts still.

Also Whats a good price for getting gears done on average?

im still on a d30 (for now) but have 1310s front and back, also gears are from what i come to find subjective to area out west 1000 bucks front back out east by me front and back 2200 add 800-1000 per locker!

moorecb3

Have you had any problems with it, or done anything to strengthen the axle?

Both shops I've asked about gears here have Been about 1200, out the door, gears and labor

noroad

Have you had any problems with it, or done anything to strengthen the axle?

Both shops I've asked about gears here have Been about 1200, out the door, gears and labor

Lucky you 1200 i would pay that in a second!! As for the d30 i have gussed it and thats it about to weld the ujoint caps on this week as for that im not wasing money on it maybe a shaft if i bust one up really bad, mainly saving for a PR44! I have wheeled about once a month and havent had a problem yet and im not skinny on the padel ask cozdude about me breaching my jeep on a hill! (long ways away hope my d30 last the summer wheeling if not im done wheeling till a 44 shows up lol)

moorecb3

Lucky you 1200 i would pay that in a second!! As for the d30 i have gussed it and thats it about to weld the ujoint caps on this week as for that im not wasing money on it maybe a shaft if i bust one up really bad, mainly saving for a PR44! I have wheeled about once a month and havent had a problem yet and im not skinny on the padel ask cozdude about me breaching my jeep on a hill! (long ways away hope my d30 last the summer wheeling if not im done wheeling till a 44 shows up lol)

Sounds like you have the same idea as me, don't replace it until you break it! but yeah it was 1200 for 4.88 yukon, 1200 for 5.13 (forgot the brand), and like 1100 for other brand 4.88s

That makes me tempted to get 37s right away then because I don't hardly ever wheel except for in the summer time because my schooling is really hard, and when I do I take bypasses around crazy stuff

noroad

Sounds like you have the same idea as me, don't replace it until you break it! but yeah it was 1200 for 4.88 yukon, 1200 for 5.13 (forgot the brand), and like 1100 for other brand 4.88s

That makes me tempted to get 37s right away then because I don't hardly ever wheel except for in the summer time because my schooling is really hard, and when I do I take bypasses around crazy stuff

All gears are made in the same place i think wayalife said and just have different names stamped on them.

Top Bottom