Any experience with metal cloak??

suicideking

Wow i get 13.2mpg on 37s and 3.21s

Oh man! 37's on 3.21 has got to suck. I not crazy about 35's with 3.73 on the 3.6.

Alright So after talking to a friend of mine I found a shop not even a mile from me that I didn't know about, that actually has a very good reputation, they didn't try to see me stuff i didn't want yay! I talked to the guy and He said he would install anything I wanted, Said they he would match the price of 4wd.com's rock crawler lifts that are 20 percent off right now, Evo was my first choice but that price is kinda hard to turn down, So if I'm unhappy with the springs ill just order the eve springs in a few months. So my debate is now do I go with 2.5 in or 3.5in, god choices are so hard.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, There is some other stuff I want to get done before I get driveshafts, If the 2.5 ended up sitting around 3.5 id be okay with thats thats around where I want to be, but Im afraid the 3.5 might put me way to high with a 2dr.

Actually what I was thinking after doing some math last night, On the 4wd web site all of the individual parts are 20 percent off as well as the kits so I could actually piece their flex kit together but get the eve enforcer springs instead of rk springs, and pretty much have the enforcer for a lot cheaper

I like my RK lift. I started with a 2.5" max travel and 33's and then got the Evo 4" springs after getting 35's and will go to 37's as soon as I finish the needed upgrades.

For your 2 door, sounds like you'd be better off just starting with the Evo 3" springs. Not sure if you're saying to buy the RK Flex 2.5" and ditch the springs -- that doesn't make sense. If you want the Evo springs and not the Evo lift, just buy the springs from the start and buy the other parts you need from RK. Don't get the Flex without wanting the springs. That doesn't make any sense when you can just buy the other parts and Evo springs.

moorecb3

Oh man! 37's on 3.21 has got to suck. I not crazy about 35's with 3.73 on the 3.6.

I like my RK lift. I started with a 2.5" max travel and 33's and then got the Evo 4" springs after getting 35's and will go to 37's as soon as I finish the needed upgrades.

For your 2 door, sounds like you'd be better off just starting with the Evo 3" springs. Not sure if you're saying to buy the RK Flex 2.5" and ditch the springs -- that doesn't make sense. If you want the Evo springs and not the Evo lift, just buy the springs from the start and buy the other parts you need from RK. Don't get the Flex without wanting the springs. That doesn't make any sense when you can just buy the other parts and Evo springs.

Sorry If that sounded confusing I didn't mean buy the kit and then buy eve springs I meant buy the evo springs, and then buy rk control arms, track bar etc. So I would be getting the basic idea of that kit with the evo springs

With a light 2dr wouldn't I still get around 4 or little more inches of lift with the evo springs?
I guess If I break a driveshaft its just an excuse to upgrade, Hope stock lasts at least a few months so I can save up money (I don't wheel much since I'm a college student and have little free time) maybe once a month if I'm lucky

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do not get the rock krawler control arms. I had them and they were to long for the little lift I have. They push your axle to far forward and that's at their shortest length. I would get the EVO arms if I were yoi

Sent from my iPhone

suicideking

Sorry If that sounded confusing I didn't mean buy the kit and then buy eve springs I meant buy the evo springs, and then buy rk control arms, track bar etc. So I would be getting the basic idea of that kit with the evo springs

With a light 2dr wouldn't I still get around 4 or little more inches of lift with the evo springs?
I guess If I break a driveshaft its just an excuse to upgrade, Hope stock lasts at least a few months so I can save up money (I don't wheel much since I'm a college student and have little free time) maybe once a month if I'm lucky

That makes sense.

JKPE

I just installed the metalcloak control arms 2 weeks ago and hit the trail last weekend, from my vast 2 weeks of experience with them installed the jeep does ride pretty smooth and the control arm joints really do flex amazingly well. One of the rear uppers shipped with the wrong size bushing in it and they sent out 2 that day. Now I have a spare upper and lower.

I have a few buddies (one on 41.5's and one on 37's both 4 door) that really like the springs and they do seem to be very true to height.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I just installed the metalcloak control arms 2 weeks ago and hit the trail last weekend, from my vast 2 weeks of experience with them installed the jeep does ride pretty smooth and the control arm joints really do flex amazingly well. One of the rear uppers shipped with the wrong size bushing in it and they sent out 2 that day. Now I have a spare upper and lower.

I have a few buddies (one on 41.5's and one on 37's both 4 door) that really like the springs and they do seem to be very true to height.

How does a bushing flex?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

your arms come with forged ends or welded ends?

JKPE

How does a bushing flex?

The bushing is just the internal part of the joint similar to the ball in a Johnny Joint. Together with the bushing on the other end they allow the arm to twist without binding. The website has a pretty good explanation/demo.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The bushing is just the internal part of the joint similar to the ball in a Johnny Joint. Together with the bushing on the other end they allow the arm to twist without binding. The website has a pretty good explanation/demo.

I think he was being sarcastic. The way you worded what you said just sounded funny.

I guess it sucks for a guy like me to be running Johnny Joints being that they have so much bind and limit the amount of flex I have.

main.php

Pay no attention to the limiting straps I have that are completely taught and are there to prevent driveline bind. If only I had MC joints :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, and BTW, I've been running the same Johnny Joints for over 3 years now and almost 80,000 miles. I have yet to rebuild them. MC joints are still brand new and already, we are starting to see this...

MC-joint-01.jpg

MC-joint-02.jpg

Blown bushings will definitely give you bind free flex :yup:

36Fan

i don't know? which one did you see?

You said they have been known to break. Meaning more than one. Id like to see which ones have broke other than the one where Dirtman dropped off onto a rock with,which snapped at the weld.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Id like to see which ones have broke other than the one where Dirtman dropped off onto a rock with,which snapped at the weld.

Wow, some guy snapped one of these joints at the weld just because he dropped onto a rock with it? How lame is that? Got any pics?

36Fan

Wow, some guy snapped one of these joints at the weld just because he dropped onto a rock with it? How lame is that? Got any pics?

I believe that was the cause he came up with,not 100% sure though. Same person who has the pics you posted of the bushing torn I believe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that was the cause he came up with,not 100% sure though. Same person who has the pics you posted of the bushing torn I believe.

Okay, I just found the pics on the interweb. I'll change my search and do some more looking.

Top Bottom